First Kitten

Old September 30th 04, 03:29 PM
aisha

Default First Kitten

Hello,

I would like to find out about vaccinations. I have a 10 week old
female kitten. She's an indoor cat, but I would still prefer to
vaccinate her against dangerous diseases. I read a few articles saying
that vaccinations can cause sarcoma. Is it true? In that case which
vaccination is the best to use, and what should I vaccinate her
against?

thank you for your help
Aisha
Old September 30th 04, 06:02 PM
Rob

im no expert on the subject (im sure one of those will answer), but
generally for my indoor kittens they get two office visits.

the first visit (when they weigh around 2.5 lbs) they get spayed/neutered,
dewormed, and their first feline distemper shot
the second visit around a month later, they get rabies and their second
distemper and their feces is checked to make sure the deworming was
successful

om...

Old September 30th 04, 06:19 PM
Karen

"aisha" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I would like to find out about vaccinations. I have a 10 week old
female kitten. She's an indoor cat, but I would still prefer to
vaccinate her against dangerous diseases. I read a few articles saying
that vaccinations can cause sarcoma. Is it true? In that case which
vaccination is the best to use, and what should I vaccinate her
against?

thank you for your help
Aisha

THe big question with vaccinations and sarcomas is really frequency. How
often do they really need a booster as adults. You would definitely want to
get your kitten shots. Call your local feline vet and make an appointment. I
would do the shots separately from the spay as to not overload her little
system. Be warned they are sometimes a little sluggish for a day or two
after the shots. If it would last more than a day, I would call the vet. Not
to alarm you but if it is your first kitten you would not know that. Do you
have pictures of her on the internet somewhere? I'd love to see her.

Old October 1st 04, 09:35 AM
aisha

"Karen" wrote in message ...
"aisha" wrote in message
[...]

Thank You for your help.
I think I will give her the first shots, and then depending on if I
decide to let her outside or not I'll see what to do.
I've got about a thousand photos of her in my phone, but unfortunately
the cable connectinh my phone to the computer broke, so I can't
download them. But as soon as I get it sorted out I'll let you know

Thanks again.

Old October 1st 04, 09:38 AM
aisha

Thanks for the advice. I read that in the UK rabies is not obligatory
(which is a bit strange to me, because my other cat in Poland has
rabies shots regularly (even though she's an indoor cat). But I'll ask
the vet if it's necessary.
Thanks