Where Is Conan, Who's got the cat, What's the BFD

Old July 2nd 05, 06:07 AM
biggerbadderbarry

Default Where Is Conan, Who's got the cat, What's the BFD

???

Old July 2nd 05, 07:57 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

The winners have the cat, and they aren't telling the losers a damn
thing. Keeping us in the dark is part of their power trip. People
who kiss their ass via private email will probably find out and leak
it to the group, however.

I'll bet that cat is sitting in a kennel somewhere while they decide
who is worthy of him, not that any of them want him personally.

Charlie
Old July 2nd 05, 08:02 AM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

The winners have the cat, and they aren't telling the losers a damn
thing. Keeping us in the dark is part of their power trip. People
who kiss their ass via private email will probably find out and leak
it to the group, however.

I'll bet that cat is sitting in a kennel somewhere while they decide
who is worthy of him, not that any of them want him personally.

Ah, gad. Do you really think so? I thought at the very least he would be
at Dan's house. That is upsetting. WE could have put him in a kennel--
in fact that was the plan, and why I felt better that Monica and others
got him.

Old July 2nd 05, 08:18 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 03:02:18 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

The winners have the cat, and they aren't telling the losers a damn
thing. Keeping us in the dark is part of their power trip. People
who kiss their ass via private email will probably find out and leak
it to the group, however.

I'll bet that cat is sitting in a kennel somewhere while they decide
who is worthy of him, not that any of them want him personally.

Ah, gad. Do you really think so? I thought at the very least he would be
at Dan's house. That is upsetting. WE could have put him in a kennel--
in fact that was the plan, and why I felt better that Monica and others
got him.

Obviously I'm speculating. These people haven't given me the benefit
of the doubt, so why should I give them the benefit of the doubt?
Conan may be lounging about in his "forever home," deciding which of
100 new cat toys to play with. But somehow, I doubt it.

Charlie
Old July 2nd 05, 04:04 PM
PawsForThought

Mary wrote:
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

The winners have the cat, and they aren't telling the losers a damn
thing. Keeping us in the dark is part of their power trip. People
who kiss their ass via private email will probably find out and leak
it to the group, however.

I'll bet that cat is sitting in a kennel somewhere while they decide
who is worthy of him, not that any of them want him personally.

Ah, gad. Do you really think so? I thought at the very least he would be
at Dan's house. That is upsetting. WE could have put him in a kennel--
in fact that was the plan, and why I felt better that Monica and others
got him.

Mary, for what it's worth, I honestly do not believe for a second that
Conan is somewhere sitting in a kennel. I believe Conan is either
being fostered until his forever home is found, or he is already in
that home.

Lauren

Old July 2nd 05, 05:25 PM
Mary

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mary wrote:
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

The winners have the cat, and they aren't telling the losers a damn
thing. Keeping us in the dark is part of their power trip. People
who kiss their ass via private email will probably find out and leak
it to the group, however.

I'll bet that cat is sitting in a kennel somewhere while they decide
who is worthy of him, not that any of them want him personally.

Ah, gad. Do you really think so? I thought at the very least he would be
at Dan's house. That is upsetting. WE could have put him in a kennel--
in fact that was the plan, and why I felt better that Monica and others
got him.

Mary, for what it's worth, I honestly do not believe for a second that
Conan is somewhere sitting in a kennel. I believe Conan is either
being fostered until his forever home is found, or he is already in
that home.

What makes you think that, Lauren? I hope you're right. Dan will
not answer my questions via email, and yesterday posted in rpca
that he has not only a kitten but a "2-year-old neutered male" to
place. Which suggests that Conan is indeed in a kennel, when he
could be in the home of the nice guy in San Diego by now. If the
reality were good, why would he and Monica be so secretive about
it? If it were good, I think we would be hearing about it.

Old July 2nd 05, 08:05 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:25:30 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
roups.com...
Mary wrote:
"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news On 1 Jul 2005 22:07:46 -0700, "biggerbadderbarry"
wrote:

???

[...]

You could have lined up half a dozen people who wanted the cat, but
none of them would be good enough. Monica & co. are on a power trip.
The person who gets Conan must be their choice -- someone they find
and approve on their own.

I have observed various forms of this two-bit crapola all my life,
especially in volunteer organizations where no one has any real
authority. The sneaky wheel gets the grease.

That is why I was so quick to defer to anyone else who might want the
cat. I don't want to be a player in such a game. I would rather
observe and share my observations, unwelcome though they might be.

Charlie
Old July 2nd 05, 08:26 PM
PawsForThought

Mary wrote:
"PawsForThought" wrote in message
Mary, for what it's worth, I honestly do not believe for a second that
Conan is somewhere sitting in a kennel. I believe Conan is either
being fostered until his forever home is found, or he is already in
that home.

What makes you think that, Lauren? I hope you're right. Dan will
not answer my questions via email, and yesterday posted in rpca
that he has not only a kitten but a "2-year-old neutered male" to
place. Which suggests that Conan is indeed in a kennel, when he
could be in the home of the nice guy in San Diego by now. If the
reality were good, why would he and Monica be so secretive about
it? If it were good, I think we would be hearing about it.

I don't know Dan, but I know Monica from the ng and email, and she
strikes me as being a trustworthy person. I know you're concerned, but
try to keep positive thoughts for Conan. Hopefully we'll hear
something soon, and I think this will have a happy ending.

Lauren

Old July 2nd 05, 08:51 PM
Annie Wxill

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know Dan, but I know Monica from the ng and email, and she
strikes me as being a trustworthy person. ...
Lauren

I would vouch for Dan, having known him from another newsgroup.
Annie

Old July 2nd 05, 08:58 PM
Mary

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't know Dan, but I know Monica from the ng and email, and she
strikes me as being a trustworthy person. ...
Lauren

I would vouch for Dan, having known him from another newsgroup.
Annie

I might if he would answer these questions.