Vet Tech Journals: Finals #3 and 4

Old June 2nd 05, 01:58 AM
Mischief

Default Vet Tech Journals: Finals #3 and 4

I had a very hard time sleeping last night. I kept tossing and turning
and twice I woke up thinking that I was late to my final.

I finally dragged my butt out of bed, had breakfast and made it to
school, after a brief stop at Starbucks.

I wasn't jittery, but i was twitchy, from the lack of sleep and the
anxiety of finals. My friend Jennifer saw me and said, "You ought to
put that coffee down, that's the LAST thing you need at this point." I
chuckled and kept sipping.

Okay, Final #3 - Clinical Procedures Lab practical.

Multiple Choice Questions - these were easy but later I saw I had
missed one of the dosage calculation questions and I'm still wondering
how I got that one wrong. Oh Well

Instrument Identification = "Okay, those are Metzenbaum scissors, and
those are Adson forceps. Waitwaitwaitwait, no, those are Adson TISSUE
forceps. I need to write down the entire name. Those are Mayo-Hegar
needle holders, and those are mosquito forceps...NONONONONONO,
(scribbling) those are Mosquito Hemostatic Forceps, WAIT, NO, they are
HALSTEAD Mosquito Hemostatic Forceps.... whew!!!"

That was pretty much was my whole thought process, but i made it
through and I think I got everything.

Anesthetic Machine and Monitoring - I had to hook up the machine for a
5 pound kitty, which is easy, but then I had to do a pressure check,
which wasn't. Fortunately I made it through. Now I just need to hook
up the Pulse Oximeter, which I've done at work. It's just a clip you
attach to the tongue or some extremity. See? Easy as....what? What
do you mean it's upside down? Normally at work when you put it on
tongue it doesn't matter if the sensor is on the top or bottom of the
tongue, but here I guess it matter. Hmph....

Gowning/gloving and suturing - Had a few moments of angst trying to get
my hands into the $^&#@! glove while my hands were inside the cuffs of
my surgical gown, but i made it without ripping the gloves. Suturing
was no problem.

Overall score - 92% yeeeeeeeeeaah, baby

Final #4 - Clin Pro Lecture Final

This was the one I was worried about since there's SO much stuff to
remember. There were 100 questions and by question 40 I could feel my
energy just draining. There were even some questions that were
completely out of nowhere, and I just had to guess.

Well, got 80/100, but she will grade on a curve so my score might go
up.

WHEW!! I'm finally done with Small Animal Nursing and Clinical
Procedures, two classes that have given me a run for my money the past
two semesters. I may not know my final grade, but I'm happy to know
that I at least passes both classes and will NOT HAVE TO TAKE THEM
AGAIN!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Two things left, a take home final for Large Animal Nursing and a Lab
Practical for Large Animal. I'll have to demonstrate how to find a
horse's heartbeat, bandage a horse's hoof, give medication to a cow,
etc.

I'm not too worried about either since it's reasonably easy. I still
have to work for it, but I know I'll do just fine.

I'm just happy to be done with the other classes, *MANIACAL LAUGH*

Kristi

Old June 2nd 05, 04:41 AM
Sam Nash

"Mischief" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Congratulations, Kristi! Now party on 'til you have to get back to it!
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old June 2nd 05, 12:05 PM
Adrian

Mischief wrote:
snip
I'm just happy to be done with the other classes, *MANIACAL LAUGH*

Congratulations, Kristi!
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old June 2nd 05, 09:45 PM
Ann

Congratulations.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos
oups.com...

Old June 2nd 05, 09:47 PM
Mary

"Mischief" wrote:

I'm just happy to be done with the other classes, *MANIACAL LAUGH*

Congrats, Kristi!