KFC's appetite

Old September 4th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC's appetite UPDATE

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

(I swear she does it on purpose, I haven't had a "this is it now, I'm on
the
way out" scare for at least a few weeks)
She does it so well, and so convincingly. Every time. I must remind her
that TED nearly took her at her word last time..

I'm coming to this late so I just got the good news!

I think she does do it on purpose! She wants you to have grey hairs!

Too late. She's given me grey hairs already. and just because she is
headbutting my hand right now gives her no excuse for pretending she's
about to die every few weeks. It's fun for her, not for me.
I feel like I keep saying she's dying - like a troll who wants attention.
She scares me with her CRF end stage stuff. Is this is it when she won't
eat her chicken? I panic when she doesn't.. You'll all have to to be kind
with me when I get frightened about when KFC says "eat ?- forget it."
She's just so tiny.

Old September 4th 08, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
Too late. She's given me grey hairs already. and just because she is
headbutting my hand right now gives her no excuse for pretending she's
about to die every few weeks. It's fun for her, not for me.
I feel like I keep saying she's dying - like a troll who wants attention.
She scares me with her CRF end stage stuff. Is this is it when she won't
eat her chicken? I panic when she doesn't.. You'll all have to to be kind
with me when I get frightened about when KFC says "eat ?- forget it."
She's just so tiny.

Many of us have gone through similar things with elderly cats. Don't
worry, we understand the panic. My Miranda is under 4 and I worry each
time she refuses to eat, which is pretty often. About once a week. It's
much worse with an older cat who you know is ill. That last autumn with
Frank, I was in a state of constant panic. I woke up every morning with
a tight knot in my stomach. I hope KFC can continue for a long time yet,
but when she goes, I hope it will be peaceful. Purrs to you both.

Old September 4th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Having cats the age mine are, and as much as they eat now, I would panic if
suddenly one of the wouldn't eat. You share any time you want about your
fears, that is what we are here for.

Old September 5th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:
She's eaten a whole roast chicken leg today :-))) not all at once, I hasten
to add, she gets it in two meals. Not a very big one, but plenty enough
for a very small cat. What a relief..
Those who have - or have had - pets with CRF will know the fear that strikes
when more and more foods are gradually rejected and the joy when they *do*
eat.
TED will not be having the pleasure of Kitty's company tomorrow!
Thanks for all the purrs, everyone.

Tweed
(I swear she does it on purpose, I haven't had a "this is it now, I'm on the
way out" scare for at least a few weeks)
She does it so well, and so convincingly. Every time. I must remind her
that TED nearly took her at her word last time..

Lots of purrs for KFC and hugs for you, Christina,
Polonca and Soncek