"Widowed" cat will not stop crying

Old April 2nd 04, 12:16 AM
Mimi

Thank you all for your input.

I took her in for a checkup not long ago when she had a stroke, and we
found that she does have mild kidney failure, so she is on a special
diet. I don't recall that they tested her thyroid -excellent help
-I appreciate it and will have that done.

I will have more cats one day, I am a great kitty mom and have had
over a dozen in my life, but this little girl is truly too old and
fragile for me to put her through that. When she has finished her
long life with me, I will start again with some sweethearts. I have
no problem adopting any age cat, all need love.
Old April 2nd 04, 12:43 AM
Mary

"Mimi" wrote:

I will have more cats one day, I am a great kitty mom and have had
over a dozen in my life, but this little girl is truly too old and
fragile for me to put her through that.

So Gov't Lawyer's instincts were right. I'm really glad you will
eventually adopt more cats, and I hope you find a way to comfort
your fragile old girl.

When she has finished her
long life with me, I will start again with some sweethearts. I have
no problem adopting any age cat, all need love.

I hope she recovers from her grief and that the two of
you have a long, peaceful, healthy time together.

Old April 2nd 04, 01:44 AM
GovtLawyer

I am relaxed. Honestly. I guess tone is the first thing to go with
this medium.

I'm relaxed, and apologetic. I didn't quite catch the smiley.

Old April 2nd 04, 01:44 AM
GovtLawyer

Old April 2nd 04, 01:50 AM
GovtLawyer

I will have more cats one day, I am a great kitty mom and have had
over a dozen in my life, but this little girl is truly too old and
fragile for me to put her through that. When she has finished her
long life with me, I will start again with some sweethearts. I have
no problem adopting any age cat, all need love.

She is lucky to have you with her in her time of grief, illness and old age.
I'm sure you'll appreciate an even closer relationship now.

When my Patsy died, Maxie was 16 1/2. I live in a real small apartment so i
didn't feel to good about introducing a new cat for the reasons I outlined
earlier. It seems that for the next year, until Maxie died of kidney failure
or something like it, we became even closer than ever before. I waited 11 more
months to get another cat. Not out of any particular timetable, irt just
worked out that way. Then I got my Mickey and Daisy, brother and sister
kittens.

You're a really loving and caring cat owner, and you should be commended.
Enjoy your life with your companion.

Old April 2nd 04, 03:36 AM

I took her in for a checkup not long ago
when she had a stroke, and we found that
she does have mild kidney failure, so she
is on a special diet. I don't recall that they
tested her thyroid -excellent help -I
appreciate it and will have that done.

Please also make sure to have your cats blood pressure checked,
*especially* since you mentioned she had a stroke. Not all vets have a
BP monitor, and if your vet doesn't it is extremely important
considering the circumstances that you find one that does and have her
BP checked. A cat with hyperthyroid and/or kidney failure will often
have high blood pressure as well, which doesn't show symptoms until the
cat goes blind or dies. High blood pressure can happen as a result of
hyperthyroid. Controlling the thyroid will usually bring the blood
pressure down, but if the high BP is related to kidney disease (also
common) there is a medication called Norvasc that will control it.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old April 2nd 04, 06:07 AM
Sandy

Cassidy wasn't diagnosed with FIP until the day she was put to sleep, and I
had only adopted the two of them 2 weeks before when they were 5 months old.
They had been together from birth, so if he was going to get infected he
probably already was. At the time, the vet told me that the current
thinking was that cats had to have a genetic predisposition for FIP in order
to get it at all -- that was worrisome, since Sundance and Cassidy were
littermates and their genetics were certainly very similar.

And, yes, thanks, Sundance and Rebecca are cuties!

--
Do the math to email me directly.

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Sandy" wrote:

Because Cassidy had died of FIP, the vet said not to get a new cat

for 6
months.

Sandy, Sundance does not have FIP but they could live together?
I've never had a FIP cat, so I know nothing.

Sundance nearly drove me crazy during that time: he got into a lot
of mischief and became very aggressive toward me. Finally, the day

after
the 6 months was up, I went looking and found Rebecca. After she

arrived,
Sundance calmed down and became a nice little guy. Since the

beginning the
two of them have gotten along better than I could have hoped. To

see a
couple of examples of what I mean, go to

What cuties!!

(do the math) and look at

the
"cats" album.