Francis' "little procedure"

Old February 3rd 05, 08:46 PM
Mary

"Slimpickins" wrote **Monique,

No need to beg. I'll do what I choose to do anyway :-). Always have. I've
never been the type to follow the masses. I am responsible and would make
absolute sure the kittens would get a super good home

Instead of making sure that a few of the millions of kittens who are already
alive and scheduled to die get a home? Shame on you. You are selfish
and short sighted, and no friend of cats.

Old February 3rd 05, 08:46 PM
Mary

" wrote in message
oups.com...

Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:

I know this was the right thing to do, and that it'll be for his

good,
but part of me is feeling sad. He's a beautiful young male, with

very
distinct and bulgy balls. He could have been the icon of healthy
maleness. Those distinctive balls are gone now, and so is some of

his
maleness. I feel sad about that, while I know I wouldn't have
considered doing anything different.

Does anyone else experience this when they have their cats neutered?

No way. I often wish my male cat had more balls to cut off.

Ahaha! I like you.

Old February 3rd 05, 08:47 PM
Mary

"Slimpickins" wrote in message
***Good God Lady, Lighten up!!

If you take this lightly, you are a pig.

Old February 3rd 05, 08:51 PM
Mary

"Slimpickins" wrote --
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Monique,

Oh yes, I read what you said. Did you read above when I said that I would

do
what I chose to do, anyway?

Everybody already knows that. Can't you feel the pure hatred
traveling toward you over the ether? What goes around comes
around, scumbag. You have the power to save countless cats
from suffering. When you instead use that power to ensure that
they do, you have a few interesting things coming for you. It's
inevitable.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:20 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-03, Mary penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

Nah. The marriage is still pretty new, and they have plenty of matters to
work out, as all new couples do. I don't need to add fuel to the fire =)

Oh my. But little Billy and Susie will suffer without all those toys! You'll
change your mind over time. Or have babies of your own to take out your
maternal lavishing upon.

Honestly, I'm about as maternal as a lump of coal. I go nuts over baby
animals, but humans ... ehhhhhh.

I'll admit it's been cool seeing DH's nieces growing, and so I expect I'll
have a good time with my new, older niece and nephew, but I definitely don't
have the "awwww" response that most folks (women?) do.

Of course, when confronted with a parent and a baby, I do not make a point of
the fact that I do not actually consider the baby to be *the* most cutest
creature I've ever laid eyes on.

It's odd, because my mom is definitely maternal. I'm reminded of that line in
The Bird Cage: "Albert's so maternal, he's practically a breast!" My dad
claims he's actually seen my mom (after all her kids were grown and out of
the house) see a woman nursing and instantly clutch her breast, as if she were
still having a physical reaction to it. (I know that when she was still
nursing me, she would have an actual physical reaction when she saw a baby.)

Maybe I'd acquire the habit if I had a kid, but I don't think that's a good
enough reason to do so!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eros was adopted! Eros has a home now! *cheer!*
Old February 3rd 05, 09:24 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-03, Mary penned:

Same here. I can feel those maternal hormones simmering in the presence of
baby ANYTHINGS. Little bats even mesmerize me! I still may have children,
but it's a tough call. I would want to be a great mom, but there are so many
other things I want to do--and I am not one of those "can do everything"
types.

Yes, ma'am. I simply say I'm too selfish to have kids right now -- I have so
much else I want to do with my life.

As a teenager discussing kids with my mom, I said, "Well, of course having a
kid is the most important thing a woman can do ..." She interrupted me
instantly. While she loves her kids and is quite maternal, she instantly made
it clear to me that she doesn't think that having kids is a necessary part of
being a woman, and that you can certainly be fulfilled without having kids,
and that even if you have kids, other things may be very important to you and
fulfill you.

I do adore my mom.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:33 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-03, Mary penned:

I realized today while stuck in traffic that I should explain this better. I
think having children is wonderful, and I think JUST having children could
probably be really fulfilling.

I also think not having children, but doing something else enjoyable and
fulfilling can be a good way to live life.

So why did I use that nasty phrase, "brood mare?"

Because even though I think there's a place for every choice that does not
hurt someone, I learned a few years ago that three of my four sisters "look
down their noses" at me because I have not had children. It makes them feel
superior.

It made me angry because I have never once thought "poor little bonehead
Annie, dropping babies every other year from her teens through her
thirties." I didn't look down at them at all, I felt happy for them and
their beautiful kids. It huwt my widdle feewings, see?

So now they are brood mares, damn it. They earned the title. I still love
them of course. But now I know they can be mean, and I suspect they must be
stupid to have such a limited view of things.

Thanks for clarifying this. After reading all of this, I can't blame you for
being miffed at your sisters. I would be upset, too, if someone, especially
someone who supposedly cares about me, looked down on me for such a reason.

Kids are way too important to have them if you're not 100% sure you want them.
I really can't fathom the mindset of someone who thinks that those who don't
have kids are somehow inferior.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:50 PM
KellyH

"Slimpickins" wrote in message
I have been debating in my mind about this same thing. In my case, it is
my
almost 4 month old, beautiful, white male kitten, "Dove". He is such a
cutie
and so sweet, he actually kisses my face(!). Not to mention many other
enduring traits. I figure that I just might want to continue to spread his
genes.

Ugh.. it's a tough time to be a spay/neuter advocate around here.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't do this!!! Are you going to spay/neuter/vaccinate
all the kittens you help produce? Is it fair to the female cat to use her
like that? Make her go through heat and bear a litter of kittens just
because you want one? What about all the kittens in shelters that need
homes?
Go volunteer at a shelter during kitten season (which is almost year-round
now) and then see if you still want to do this.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old February 3rd 05, 09:53 PM
Mary

On 2005-02-03, Mary penned:

[...]

Your welcome. I have come to realize that I come off as groundlessly
nasty at times, and at times maybe I am, but not this time.

After reading all of this, I can't blame you for
being miffed at your sisters. I would be upset, too, if someone,

especially
someone who supposedly cares about me, looked down on me for such a

reason.

Yeah, you know, I have never thought of competing with them or trying
to tear them down. I figured that was what the REST of the world was
for, not family and friends.

Kids are way too important to have them if you're not 100% sure you want

them.
I really can't fathom the mindset of someone who thinks that those who

don't
have kids are somehow inferior.

--

Yes indeed. And while two of my four sisters are still married to their
first husbands, the other two have been through three and more marriages.

Old February 3rd 05, 09:56 PM
KellyH

"Slimpickins" wrote in message
***Good God Lady, Lighten up!! And No, I'm not a troll! You* sure sound
like
one with no manners. Obviously, you have None! You have no clue who I am,
which is quite obvious by your rude response. This is the last time I
respond to your &^%$# posts! Lucky me. BYE-BYE!

PLONK.....

This is no matter to "lighten up" about. When you take care of kittens that
other people thoughtlessly allowed to come into the world, you tend to get
riled up about this issue. Have you ever had a kitten die on you? Have you
ever found a litter of kittens left at the shelter door in a box?