Two packages

Old May 31st 05, 09:55 PM
Karen

Awww Marina. I know. I never even looked at Grant until my friend came and
she wanted to see. It's been 3 months, and I was able to be more objective
but when I got it it was a shock to see my 14lb hunk reduced to a tiny box,
and yet, it felt like I had stopped "waiting".
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

"Marina" wrote in message
I fetched two packages from the post office today.

The first package was from Dan. Besides two pouches of soft treats to
hide pills in, it contained a packet of 3 mousies (white-grey-black) and
a packet of catnip. All the stuff was inside a Petco bag, and the bag
must have smelled strongly of catnip, because Frank buried his head
inside it and it was hard to get it away from him. So I gave him a hit
of 'nip. This apparently gave him some much needed Dutch courage,
because he attacked Miranda and they even wrestled for a while. Frank
has always been a 'mean drunk,' and I'm thinking if I give him a little
'nip every day, Miranda may learn to respect him. Neither cat was hurt
in the confrontation.

The second package came from the crematorium and contained Nikki's
ashes. It was a nice cardboard urn containing a little plastic bag with
the ashes. It was a shock to see my sweet girl reduced to that small
pile of ashes, and obviously a very emotional moment. I repacked the urn
and put it away so Miranda doesn't get into it.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.

Old May 31st 05, 11:26 PM
Irulan

Much hugs.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 1st 05, 03:00 AM
Julie_Snowshoe

{{{{Marina}}} I'm so sorry.
Julie

Old June 1st 05, 03:48 AM
badwilson

Awww, Marina. Hugs.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old June 1st 05, 04:44 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Marina,

I understand your recent shock and mourning, and Dan's gifts sound
wonderful, so please forgive me this...

When I read the subject line of your message, I was certain you were
going to post about someone(s) sending you two packages of toilet
paper through the mail! ^_^

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old June 1st 05, 06:05 AM
Marina

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Marina,

I understand your recent shock and mourning, and Dan's gifts sound
wonderful, so please forgive me this...

When I read the subject line of your message, I was certain you were
going to post about someone(s) sending you two packages of toilet
paper through the mail! ^_^

LOL! They wouldn't come amiss, since the TP shelves in the markets are
still empty, and the paper workers are still on strike with no solution
in sight. ;o) And it's OK, I can do with every laugh I can get.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 1st 05, 06:11 AM
Marina

Karen wrote:

Awww Marina. I know. I never even looked at Grant until my friend came and
she wanted to see. It's been 3 months, and I was able to be more objective
but when I got it it was a shock to see my 14lb hunk reduced to a tiny box,
and yet, it felt like I had stopped "waiting".
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

{{{{Karen}}}} I don't know why I felt I had to look immediately. As if
to get confirmation that she is really gone. Frank is still not
convinced. Every time I come home, he comes to the door and sort of
looks around to see if I brought Nikki back already. He always used to
come and meet us when we got home from walkies, and give Nikki a few
welcoming licks. Nikki would purr and almost stand on her head for him.

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old June 1st 05, 04:32 PM
Lesley

I did not get Isadora's ashes back, as I didn't think I could bear it.

I couldn't have borne it either. When we lost Isis we thought ofhaving
her ashes back but decided instead to give money to the cats protection
league instead. We do have a little shrine to her and her sister and
Speedy Joe with photo's and things. (Not toys Redunzel and Sarrasine
found those and put them to good use) but we don't have a garden and I
wouldn't know what to do with them.

I have just been forced (well no-one told me until we were halfway
there and the car doors wouldn't unlock) a year to the day to collect
my mothers ashes and I am still shocked at the size of the box....it's
like "is that all that's left of my mum"- it really cracked me up. And
I haven't looked inside the box or seen the ashes and I am not actually
sure I would want to which is strange as I can look at quite gory
pictures..... And we still don't know what to do with her ashes
(They're currently in her old flat where my neice lives now), someone
suggested scattering them at a place "where she was really happy" but
the local bingo hall wouldn't be too amused I think)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 1st 05, 06:44 PM

On Tue, 31 May 2005 18:58:00 +0300, Marina
wrote:

[...]

{{{{Marina}}}} I know how you feel. Continued purrs for your
eventual healing.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old June 2nd 05, 01:37 AM
John F. Eldredge

On 1 Jun 2005 08:32:51 -0700, "Lesley" wrote:

[...]

I know what you mean. Four years after my parents' deaths (my mother
died in May 2001, my father in October 2001), I still have their ashes
in my hall closet. My sister and I had talked about scattering their
ashes at the rented house where they had lived for their last 25
years, but the house has now been replaced by condominiums, and it
just wouldn't be the same. So, the ashes are still in storage until
my sister and I decide what to do with them.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from