Ping: Britta (OT)

Old June 2nd 05, 12:03 AM
Jo Firey

Default Ping: Britta (OT)

Ok this is way off topic. Seven year old grandson went to the local zoo and
is doing a project on something he saw. He selected the Great Hornbill.

Now I know you are quite a photographer, and that they are in some of the
places you have visited. Do you by any remote chance have any picture of
them on line? Or that you could email to jofirey at sbcbell dot net ?

We found some online, but I thought maybe you had some as well.

If you haven't already left on you latest trek. If you have, I hope you are
having a wonderful time.

Jo

Old June 2nd 05, 03:42 AM
badwilson

Jo Firey wrote:
Ok this is way off topic. Seven year old grandson went to the local
zoo and is doing a project on something he saw. He selected the
Great Hornbill.

Now I know you are quite a photographer, and that they are in some

of
the places you have visited. Do you by any remote chance have any
picture of them on line? Or that you could email to jofirey at
sbcbell dot net ?

We found some online, but I thought maybe you had some as well.

If you haven't already left on you latest trek. If you have, I hope
you are having a wonderful time.

Jo

Uh oh. This is going to make me seem extremely ignorant. But I don't
even know what a Great Hornbill is. Is it a bird? It sounds like a
bird. I'm very bad with birds. Sorry but I definitely don't have any
pics of that. If you can tell me a bit more about them, I'll keep my
eyes out in the future!
Good luck to your grandson on his project.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old June 2nd 05, 04:40 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

badwilson wrote:
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

I don't normally like to butt-in on "pings" (unless it's of the Siamese
variety ), but I did a google search and they have the following:

http://images.google.com/images?q=Gr...=Search+Images

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 2nd 05, 06:46 AM
Jo Firey

"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Oops. It is a great big bird. They live in south east India, thru to
Thailand. I can't remember now the area but would think it would be
southwest Thailand. They are black with a huge yellow beak. And at six and
a half pounds I'm guessing that is one big bird.

Jo

Old June 2nd 05, 06:47 AM
Jo Firey

"Magic Mood Jeep)" wrote in message
badwilson wrote:
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Hey thanks! Lots of great pictures. Ryan will love these.

Jo

Old June 2nd 05, 08:16 AM
badwilson

Jo Firey wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Hmmm, never seen one. Never seen too many birds of any kind in
Thailand. Either they are all endangered or they stay well hidden!
I looked at the pics that Magic posted and they are gorgeous, so I'll
have to keep my eye out because I would love to see one.
I love Australia where you can see so many exotic looking birds in the
trees. Unfortunately, Thailand is rather barren when it comes to that
:-( I'm not surprised though because the locals tend to shoot into
the trees at birds. I've seen it on all the elephant treks I've ever
been on.

Old June 2nd 05, 09:48 AM
Jo Firey

"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Here is the link I found on them in Thailand

http://tinyurl.com/dfvk9

Jo

You might try posting your query over at alt.binaries.pictures.animals
They have some incredible photographers there, too.
Christine

Old June 3rd 05, 03:40 AM
badwilson

Jo Firey wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

Wow, we've been very close to those paddling destinations, several
times. However, we've always gone kayaking in the mangroves, and not
in the open water. We've seen monitor lizards and monkeys but no bird
life. I'll have to remember this site for something different to do
the next time we go down south.

You might try posting your query over at alt.binaries.pictures.animals
They have some incredible photographers there, too.
Christine

I wish. I can't get any binaies groups.

Jo