Upgrading the computer - a picture

Old August 26th 05, 02:43 AM
badwilson

Default Upgrading the computer - a picture

Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

http://tinyurl.com/cx78f
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old August 26th 05, 03:03 AM
ShirleyB

badwilson relayed the following on 8/25/2005 6:43 PM:
Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.

SNIPPED

So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

http://tinyurl.com/cx78f
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Oh boy, I hope you didn't get a lot of cat hair inside the puter! With
my luck, . . . . . .
--
Shirley B.
Rexie's Mom

To Reply by email: remove 'nick'

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
AND OUR HOMEPAGE: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

Old August 26th 05, 03:09 AM
Jo Firey

"badwilson" wrote in message
Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

That expression is a cross between "are you sure you know what you are
doing?" and "wouldn't you rather feed me or play with me or take my
picture?"

Old August 26th 05, 03:11 AM
Helen Wheels

badwilson wrote:
Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

http://tinyurl.com/cx78f
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Great shot...he looks so concerned. Tell him from me that he has
beautiful eyes, will you?
Old August 26th 05, 03:41 AM
badwilson

ShirleyB wrote:

Oh boy, I hope you didn't get a lot of cat hair inside the puter!
With my luck, . . . . . .

Actually, the computer was quite full with cat hair when I first
opened it. But I vacuumed it out and gave Vino a quick fur-suck too
:-)

Old August 26th 05, 05:07 AM
Marina

Jo Firey wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message

Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

That expression is a cross between "are you sure you know what you are
doing?" and "wouldn't you rather feed me or play with me or take my
picture?"

LOL! That pinpoints it exactly.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old August 26th 05, 09:31 AM
Hailey

badwilson wrote:
Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

http://tinyurl.com/cx78f
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

He is SO cute! I love orange kitties!
Old August 26th 05, 09:33 AM
Hailey

badwilson wrote:
Yesterday morning, my modem didn't work. Weird, since it had worked
great just the night before. I did a bunch of tests and it was
definitely the modem that was fried. So I had to drive to the next
town 30 min away to get a new one.
Since I had to go to all that trouble, I decided to treat myself to
another 512 mb of RAM at the same time. I mean, I was already at the
IT mall and my computer was already open at home...it just makes
sense, right? ;-)
So when I got home with my purchases and set about installing them,
Vino had to be right there to supervise. Installing hardware is
serious business and needs serious supervision:

http://tinyurl.com/cx78f
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

I just looked through the rest of those pics in your album.
DANG he's a gorgeous boy! I could just kiss that sweet face off!
hehe

I LOVED the one of the Cat in the Hat! That needs to be submitted to
Webshots too!
Thank you so much for sharing.

Hailey
Old August 28th 05, 06:17 AM
Susan M

Wow - he looks like he really knows what he's doing. A very critical
observer...

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old August 28th 05, 05:01 PM
Helen Miles

"Helen Wheels" wrote in message

Great shot...he looks so concerned. Tell him from me that he has
beautiful eyes, will you?///

Robbie would like you to know that all Red tabbies have incredible green
eyes. ;0)

Helen M

OT- New computer badwilson Cat anecdotes 25 November 21st 04 01:35 AM
Mouse Bev Cat anecdotes 43 September 30th 04 05:32 AM
Robin's picture LOL Cat anecdotes 14 June 18th 04 06:11 AM
This is not her mother's computer Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 February 17th 04 09:16 PM
I found a picture Karen Cat anecdotes 2 November 27th 03 05:08 AM