Cleo

Old August 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

Default Cleo

Thanks to all who have sent us condolences, it is very much appreciated by
both of us. It has been a very emotional week, one which I don't wish to
repeat in a hurry. This morning we buried Cleo in our back garden, she was
wrapped in her favourite sheepskin rug and her special towel, this afternoon
we are off to the garden centre to buy her a Camellia bush, at the right
time of the year this will give her flower petals over her grave.

She was such a special little girl, settled in to her new home here when I
married her slave nearly 3 years ago, she didn't much like the little
kittens dancing around her but they loved to tease her. She had me well
trained as a door opener/shutter, if I wasn't quick enough to let her back
in when she wanted in she would pull herself up and over the side fence and
make her way around to the front door where she would sit looking all
indignant, she never wandered off our section (well she was already 'middle
aged" when she came here) she did catch a bird once but I am convinced it
was already dead when she brought it in!
She loved the night time when we would sit and watch the news on TV, she
would climb up onto the sofa and sit between us (usually sit there purring
and dribbling at the same time) I was the one who took care of her, the one
who feed her but DH was her person and she made that quiet clear.
Memories are a wonderful thing and I am sure we will speak of Cleo often in
the years to come.

You are such a wonderful bunch of people I do thank you so much for all the
touching messages.

Purrs

Lois (who is still an emotional wreck)

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old August 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

I am so very sorry for your loss. And this is proof positive that each and
every cat is special in its own way. A camellia bush sounds nice. And they
do coat the ground with their petals in a blanket.

Jo

Old August 4th 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lois wrote:

Thanks to all who have sent us condolences, it is very much appreciated by
both of us. It has been a very emotional week, one which I don't wish to
repeat in a hurry. This morning we buried Cleo in our back garden, she was
wrapped in her favourite sheepskin rug and her special towel, this afternoon
we are off to the garden centre to buy her a Camellia bush, at the right
time of the year this will give her flower petals over her grave.

That sounds like a lovely way to remember her.

She had me well
trained as a door opener/shutter, if I wasn't quick enough to let her back
in when she wanted in she would pull herself up and over the side fence and
make her way around to the front door where she would sit looking all
indignant

Wait - didn't you recently post a story of how a dog who lives in the yard
behind yours was making too much noise, so Cleo went up to him and bapped
him on the nose, which shut the dog right up? And then demanded "gate
service" from you for her grand exit? I remember you saying at the time
that usually she would just pull herself up over the fence, but after that
little display, she seemed to think she'd earned the right to a doorman
(or woman).

She loved the night time when we would sit and watch the news on TV, she
would climb up onto the sofa and sit between us (usually sit there purring
and dribbling at the same time)

Sweet image, dribbling and all.

Joyce
Old August 4th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lois wrote:
Memories are a wonderful thing and I am sure we will speak of Cleo often in
the years to come.

She sounds like such a sweetheart. Again, my condolences and purrs from
the masters for your aching hearts.

Old August 4th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bev

Lois, Hope you see this as is posted via motzarella,
Hope you find a lovely camelia bush in memory of your darling Cleo.

Bev

Old August 4th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

wrote in message

Wait - didn't you recently post a story of how a dog who lives in the yard
behind yours was making too much noise, so Cleo went up to him and bapped
him on the nose, which shut the dog right up? And then demanded "gate
service" from you for her grand exit? I remember you saying at the time
that usually she would just pull herself up over the fence, but after that
little display, she seemed to think she'd earned the right to a doorman
(or woman).

Joyce

No Joyce, it wasn't me that posted about any of my cats "bapping' a dog on
the nose (must have been another Cleo, I think there are several on this
group) don't think she had ever come face to face with a dog in her life.

Lois

Old August 4th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

My heart goes out to you Lois

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no mo
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

Old August 4th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Lois" wrote in message

wrote in message

Wait - didn't you recently post a story of how a dog who lives in the
yard
behind yours was making too much noise, so Cleo went up to him and bapped
him on the nose, which shut the dog right up? And then demanded "gate
service" from you for her grand exit? I remember you saying at the time
that usually she would just pull herself up over the fence, but after
that
little display, she seemed to think she'd earned the right to a doorman
(or woman).

Joyce

No Joyce, it wasn't me that posted about any of my cats "bapping' a dog on
the nose (must have been another Cleo, I think there are several on this
group) don't think she had ever come face to face with a dog in her life.

That was me (and Molly). It has become a more than one time thing too. She
is just so full of herself.

When I go out to play with Kayla or to watch Kayla play (She does everything
but say "Mommy Look!" ) the dogs on both sides bark. Twice more when Riley
has put his nose under the fence and barked, Molly has smacked him.

I'll get pictures if they keep it up.

Jo

Old August 4th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default cats bapping dogs

Jo Firey wrote:

"Lois" wrote in message

No Joyce, it wasn't me that posted about any of my cats "bapping' a dog on
the nose (must have been another Cleo, I think there are several on this
group) don't think she had ever come face to face with a dog in her life.

That was me (and Molly). It has become a more than one time thing too.
She is just so full of herself.

Oh, I'm sorry! I don't know why I thought that was Cleo. Obviously I got
the stories confused. Old age is setting in sooner than I thought.

I really liked that story, Jo.

Lois, again, I'm very sorry for your broken heart.

Purrs,
Joyce
Old August 5th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lois

"Matthew" wrote in message
My heart goes out to you Lois

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no mo
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

Thank you so much for that Matthew, it did bring yet another tear to my
eyes.

Lois