E-mail to Friskies - Mad Cow

Old December 28th 03, 06:40 PM
Cheryl

Alan Sandoval wrote in on 28 Dec 2003:

I suppose if you are feeding your cats Friskies mad cow disease should
be the least of your worries. I've never, ever, seen quality dry cat
food sold in supermarkets. Do your companions a big favor and check
with your vet for a quality dry food appropriate for them.

Thank you for your input Alan but this is a tired, old subject and he
doesn't eat dry friskies, just canned turkey with gravy flavor. He has IBD
and it was a battle just getting him on mostly all canned and this is all
he'll eat. Tried 'em all (not an exaggeration, either).

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller

Old December 28th 03, 08:16 PM
Cat Protector

I don't really think there is much to worry about. The government has said
that was the only cow affected by the Mad Cow disease. Supposedly it was a
dairy cow which they are now saying was from Canada. A calf supposedly has
also been quarantined but they are saying the possibility it being passed
from mother to calf is pretty remote. I would think that if the government
is monitoring the situation in regards to our beef supply then they also
would be looking after the cat food industry as well. I also feed my cats
Friskies canned and am not too worried about the scare. However, the
Friskies canned varities that I know that contain meat by-products a

1. Prime Entree
2. Liver & Chicken Dinner
3. Salmon Dinner
4. Mixed Grill

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Steve" wrote in message
I sent this today, will keep you advised of what their answer is.

Due to the current Mad Cow problems in the United States, I am very
concerned about feeding my cat any cat food with beef or beef by-products

in
it.

Can you please advise with verities of Friskies cat foods contain beef by
products and which do not.

Old December 28th 03, 08:39 PM
frlpwr

Alan Sandoval wrote:

(snip)

Do your companions a big favor and check with your vet for
a quality dry food appropriate for them.

That's fine and dandy if all you feed are a couple of housecats. What
about ferals?

I use a 25lb bag of dry and around 800 oz. of canned food everyday to
feed some 80+ feral cats at various locations in San Francisco. There
is no way I can afford to feed premium food at $25.00/bag and $.69/5.5oz
can.

I care about the ferals every bit as much as I care about the cats that
live with me. What would you have me do?

Old December 29th 03, 08:47 AM
Ray Ban

frlpwr wrote in message ...
Alan Sandoval wrote:

(snip)

Do your companions a big favor and check with your vet for
a quality dry food appropriate for them.

That's fine and dandy if all you feed are a couple of housecats. What
about ferals?

I use a 25lb bag of dry and around 800 oz. of canned food everyday to
feed some 80+ feral cats at various locations in San Francisco. There
is no way I can afford to feed premium food at $25.00/bag and $.69/5.5oz
can.

I care about the ferals every bit as much as I care about the cats that
live with me. What would you have me do?

You can keep feeding the 80+ cats basically crap. Or can feed 20-30
cats premium food. How about finding more cat lovers to help you care
for those cats?