When your cat dies will you....

Old May 12th 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Peg Caldwell-Ott

Default When your cat dies will you....

When Amaretto died, we had him cremated. Like many who have responded
here, we were nervous that he would be co-mingled with other animals,
so we arranged with our vet for a private cremation. A bit more
expensive ($75 as opposed to $45--at NYC prices), but worth it to us.
We have his ashes here at home (his canister sits on a window sill
together with his favorite toys), and they will be mingled with our
own (eventually) for burial at sea. We plan to do the same with Alino
(now almost 19) and eventually Pemberton (now almost 3). Better to
all stay together, as we are sure we will all be once we cross Rainbow
Bridge together.

PegNDerek

On Fri, 8 May 2009 09:52:50 -0500, (Gloria) wrote:

have it cremated or burry it? We have a funereal parlor now that does
both human and pet cremations (not in the same machine). And also a
cemetery is starting a place for cremated pets near the human
owners......I like that idea. With regular pet cemeteries.....it may not
always be a pet cemetery. Sometimes they are sold and the land used for
building something!