THE "DEED" HAS BEEN "DUN!"

Old March 22nd 04, 04:53 PM
Renee Darvin

Default THE "DEED" HAS BEEN "DUN!"

First of all, I must tell you that The Kitten Formerly Known As
"Destiny" (that is her legal name, the one she uses at the bank and with
the IRS!) is now known as "Jazzi" -- as in Jazzicatkitten, Jazzigirl
and Jazzipants!

Now to the point. Several days ago, Jazzi let us know that the one
thing in the whole world she wanted was a boyfriend -- and she wanted
one NOW! We had not been expecting this subject to come up for several
months yet, but there ws no mistaking her message.

Our two boys sat around with quizzical (i.e., stupid!) expressions on
their faces. "We know we should be doing something -- but what?
What? WHAT?"

Since her first (vocal) demand was made in the early afternoon, there
wasn't a lot we could do about it then and there. We did, of course,
call TED as soon as she made it crystal clear, and arranged to bring her
in the following morning.
(Dr. Moreland told us, with a faint smile in her voice, "She'll drive
you crazy otherwise!")

Now, you may not all agree wih this solution,
but we feel that there are too many unwanted kittens "out there" as it
is -- and adding 6 or 8 "in here" was not our desire. Enough on that
subject -- for now.

Her experiences with TED have, so far, been fairly happy ones, so she
waltzed into her pet cage with no argument. Sandra took her in and
everyone was so happy to see her, even the resident cats. She seems to
be one of their very favorite patients.

Meanwhile, "back at the ranch," THIS mom was feeling pretty darned
miserable! It was so QUIET in the house -- no crashes, no breaking
china, no fights with Gizzi or hisses from Baby!
No streaks of ginger and white lightening down the hallway - just a
few heartbroken sniffles from me!

I've said it before, but the loss of innocence is a very sad thing to
see!

We brought her home that evening, still groggy and not too happy with
any of us! Once again, I had a roommate -- who took me back some 40
years ago to my son's baby days! I kept waking up every few hours to
make sure she was still breathing!

Her incision was very small, but her whole beautiful tummy had been
shaved! Still, a small price!

She progressed beautifully, even though it took a few days before she
regained her normal sunny disposition. She wasn't too interested in
food, although that had been a Big Item on her little cat mind! But she
has now regained her position in our cat hierarchy -- ruling Princess!

So -- as usual, life goes on, here in Cat Country

Purrs

Renee in CA USA

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." Colette "I've
traveled a long way -- and some of the roads weren't paved!" Will
Rogers
"I am too blessed to be stressed" Anon
"No Heaven will not ever Heaven be, unless my cats are there to welcome
me." Unknown

Old March 22nd 04, 06:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:53:02 -0800 (PST), (Renee
Darvin) yodeled:

First of all, I must tell you that The Kitten Formerly Known As
"Destiny" (that is her legal name, the one she uses at the bank and with
the IRS!) is now known as "Jazzi" -- as in Jazzicatkitten, Jazzigirl
and Jazzipants!

Maybe she can be Jazzi--CAT of DESSS-TINY! (cf. Calvin and Hobbes )

Now to the point. Several days ago, Jazzi let us know that the one
thing in the whole world she wanted was a boyfriend -- and she wanted
one NOW! We had not been expecting this subject to come up for several
months yet, but there ws no mistaking her message.

Our two boys sat around with quizzical (i.e., stupid!) expressions on
their faces. "We know we should be doing something -- but what?
What? WHAT?"

Oh, that's so funny. A hot little neighborhood queen noticed Stinky a
few years ago, and kept coming to visit him, and yowl and show him her
butt through the window. Stinky just looked at her with his Little
Lord Fauntleroy look "Who me?". Eventually, she got disgusted with
him, and flew at the window at him, crashing into it, and bouncing
off, and scaring him into a huge black and white puffball.

Since her first (vocal) demand was made in the early afternoon, there
wasn't a lot we could do about it then and there. We did, of course,
call TED as soon as she made it crystal clear, and arranged to bring her
in the following morning.
(Dr. Moreland told us, with a faint smile in her voice, "She'll drive
you crazy otherwise!")

Now, you may not all agree wih this solution,
but we feel that there are too many unwanted kittens "out there" as it
is -- and adding 6 or 8 "in here" was not our desire. Enough on that
subject -- for now.

I shouldn't think you'll get any argument. She will also be free to
live a happier, healthier life without those periodic urges driving
*her* crazy.

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 22nd 04, 07:27 PM
Marina

"Renee Darvin" wrote
First of all, I must tell you that The Kitten Formerly Known As
"Destiny" (that is her legal name, the one she uses at the bank and with
the IRS!) is now known as "Jazzi" -- as in Jazzicatkitten, Jazzigirl
and Jazzipants!

Aww, that's cute!

Now to the point. Several days ago, Jazzi let us know that the one
thing in the whole world she wanted was a boyfriend -- and she wanted
one NOW! We had not been expecting this subject to come up for several
months yet, but there ws no mistaking her message.

Our two boys sat around with quizzical (i.e., stupid!) expressions on
their faces. "We know we should be doing something -- but what?
What? WHAT?"

ROFL!

[...]

You should have let us know beforehand, Renee! I'm sure all the cats would
have been happy to send you soothing purrs. Here are some anyway, and some
purrs for Jazzi, hoping she has recovered purrfectly by now.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 22nd 04, 07:40 PM
lrulan

oh wow, another Jazz!
My Jazz says sympathies to your Jazzi, but such is life. We are glad she
came through with nothing more than a shaved tummy. The hair will grow back
real fast. Hugs all around. I had to snicker when you described the 'boys'
puzzled expressions. Heh.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old March 22nd 04, 10:59 PM
polonca12000

Purrs for Jazzi and hugs for you, Renee,
--
Polonca & Soncek

[...]

snip

Old March 23rd 04, 04:29 AM
badwilson

I'm glad you got Jazzi spayed, purrs for her quick and easy recovery. But
why would you think that people wouldn't agree with having her fixed? I
doubt you'd find any dissenters here!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 25th 04, 07:10 PM
Tanada

badwilson wrote:

I'm glad you got Jazzi spayed, purrs for her quick and easy recovery. But
why would you think that people wouldn't agree with having her fixed? I
doubt you'd find any dissenters here!
--

That's what I was thinking. Why would anyone in here be against
reducing the potential number of stray kitties needing homes? Purrs and

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine