help please

Old March 11th 04, 09:04 PM
cati

Default help please

Mistoffelees seems to have settled well now Billy ( my husband) has been
gone a couple of months. Apart from his need to give his mummy a daily
cuddle which i dont discourage. Grizzy on the other hand is still unsettled
and now howls all night. i have tried keeping her out the bedroom as she
only sleeps a coplue of hours a night and wants to play the rest so she sits
at the door a howls. i have tried getting up cuddling her and putting her
back to her bed with no results. i dont want to give her a row for it as she
was an rescue cat that had been abandoned and she doesnt like it.

what can i do, i must get some sleep as i am getting woken up every 90
minutes every night. i have to leave them for the weekend as i need to go
visit my parents and i know sunday night will be worse.

she is ok apart from the howls and her appetite is wonderful. Mistoffelees
is losing patience and has just thumped her nose. he likes his sleep as well
and is narky without it

any advice welcome

Cati and Mistoffeleese

---

Old March 11th 04, 11:02 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:04:26 -0000, "cati"
wrote:

[...]

can you put him in a separate room and play a radio (softly) for him?
I can't guatantee it will work, but it is worth a try.
Old March 12th 04, 03:34 PM
LAL

"cati" wrote in message
[...]

Greetings...

To *******ize a phrase I learned in d*g training class... "A tired cat is a
good cat."

Is there any toy she goes nuts over playing with? Try to tire her out
before heading to bed. A nice long play session with a piece of tissue
paper does it for my boys. Good luck.

lal

Old March 13th 04, 05:05 AM
LOL

"LAL" wrote in message ...

Greetings...

To *******ize a phrase I learned in d*g training class... "A tired cat is a
good cat."

Is there any toy she goes nuts over playing with? Try to tire her out
before heading to bed. A nice long play session with a piece of tissue
paper does it for my boys. Good luck.

lal

I have to second this advice; it's the best I can think of too. I
would certainly try some Feliway, also; it doesn't work the wonders
for Mike that it seems to for some cats, but I do believe it takes a
little of his edge off.

We are sending soothing purrs to you and sleepy purrs to Grizzy; I
hope it gets better for you soon.

------
Krista
Old March 14th 04, 09:03 PM
cati

"LOL" wrote in message
om...
"LAL" wrote in message

Greetings...

To *******ize a phrase I learned in d*g training class... "A tired cat

is a
good cat."

Is there any toy she goes nuts over playing with? Try to tire her out
before heading to bed. A nice long play session with a piece of tissue
paper does it for my boys. Good luck.

lal

I have to second this advice; it's the best I can think of too. I
would certainly try some Feliway, also; it doesn't work the wonders
for Mike that it seems to for some cats, but I do believe it takes a
little of his edge off.

I got her feliway six weeks ago to see if it settled her as she was confused
at that point. it worked to a apoint as it stopped the wet carpets!

i have tried playing with her before bedtime and all evening but Grizzy
doesnt believe in sleeping at all. she has never slept for more than a
couple of hours at night since i got her.

never thought of rescue remedy, i do have some but how to i use it on cats.

having been away for the weekend i expect a bad night today as they both
normally act up when they think they have been abandoned for the weekend.

thanks for the help

Cati

---

Old March 15th 04, 04:08 AM
LOL

"cati" wrote in message ...

I got her feliway six weeks ago to see if it settled her as she was confused
at that point. it worked to a apoint as it stopped the wet carpets!

i have tried playing with her before bedtime and all evening but Grizzy
doesnt believe in sleeping at all. she has never slept for more than a
couple of hours at night since i got her.

never thought of rescue remedy, i do have some but how to i use it on cats.

having been away for the weekend i expect a bad night today as they both
normally act up when they think they have been abandoned for the weekend.

thanks for the help

Cati

Mike also slept very little (for a cat) when he was younger; I do
sympathize. We have some Rescue Remedy and have tried rubbing one
drop inside each of Mike's ears; we haven't seen that it made any
difference. The label says you can do that or put it in his food or
water; Mike doesn't drink out of his water bowl, but only dripping
faucets, and he's a grazer eating a few bites at a time all day long,
so we went with the ear thing.

Have you asked your TED about it? After this long, I think I would.
I know it seems entirely behavioral and due to circumstances, but you
never know. I know when Mike was having his December sprayfest last
year I put it down to the upset of routines at Christmas, which always
makes him get agitated and spray more. But lo and behold, it wasn't
*just* Christmas last year causing the problem; he also had a UTI. It
was just a coincidence.

We are continuing to send soothing purrs, and hope the situation
improves pronto.

------
Krista
Old March 15th 04, 05:12 AM
Marina

"cati" wrote

I got her feliway six weeks ago to see if it settled her as she was

confused
at that point. it worked to a apoint as it stopped the wet carpets!

i have tried playing with her before bedtime and all evening but Grizzy
doesnt believe in sleeping at all. she has never slept for more than a
couple of hours at night since i got her.

never thought of rescue remedy, i do have some but how to i use it on

cats.

I put a few drops of Rescue Remedy in their water bowl. That kind of
behaviour makes me think of hyperthyroidism. It makes cats hyperactive, but
I admit that I'm paranoid about cats and hyperthyroidism, since both mine
suffer from that. "Suffer". Ha! Thanks to their hyperthyroidism, they get a
spoonful of sour cream twice a day, to hide the meds. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 26th 04, 12:13 AM
Misty

"cati" wrote in message .. .
[...]

Sorry to hear that Misstoffelees and Grizzy have not been too settled
recently but you realy should have thought of that when you caused so
much trouble and threw your husband out and forgot to mention it when
you posted poor me messages on this newsgroup. However there is one
happy cat in this story, a 15 year old Siamese, Mai Ling who is very
happy to have her human back.