Duke Final Report 12/14/04

Old December 14th 04, 08:18 PM
Ken

Default Duke Final Report 12/14/04

Greetings Everyone.

Grant Moses Lambert, AKA: Duke of URL, is alive and well.

I spoke with him at length last night by using the Long Distance
Telephone. Duke is preparing to move to Lincoln, NE, to be within a
short distance of the Veterans' Hospital there.

His cataract surgery is still "scheduled" but there is an enormous
waiting list at the VA Hospital -- several years -- and he cannot
drive until the surgery is completed.

He has received his computer and will try to get back on line as soon
as possible, possibly tomorrow (Wednesday, 12/15/04) via a dial-up
connection from his home.

Duke told me that he was absolutely overwhelmed by the wonderful
response from everyone who supported him in his Hour of Need. I don't
need to tell you all what a wonderful job you did in sending
donations, cards, trying to motivate the VA, the HHS, and other
worthless civil service drone refusniks.

Duke told me his finances are still in bad shape, what with being
unable to work for several months, having the house robbed and all of
the other expenses which go along with everyday living for a person
with severe mobility challenges and being in and out of the hospital.
Add that to the fact that the hospital is miles away and requires a
day-long trip by shuttle van, Duke has had to surmount some heavy
odds.

You all know how niggardly* the government is with pensions and other
social support services. It is only through volunteers such as you
all out there that we are able to band together to help one of our
brothers or sisters. "Band of Brothers and Sisters" says it all. You
all did a wonderful and very good deed helping Duke.

Some have asked where to send additional donations; Duke's mail
service is back to normal, so you may send donations and cards
directly to him.

Duke's address for the next few weeks until moving to Lincoln is:

Mr. Moses Lambert
1221 N Madison Ave,
North Platte, NE 69101-7243.

Please send any items direct to him now, rather than to me as we were
previously doing. Anyone who would like a copy of the spreadsheet
accounting document, please e-mail me.

Again, please accept my more heartfelt and sincere thanks for your
wonderful involvement, spirit of comradeship and selfless giving.

My G-D bless you and yours in this Christmas and Chanukah Season of
Joy.

Most Sincerely,

Dave Mann
AKA: Misterfixit

* Note to PC Police, this word has nothing to do with a certain racial
slur. See this interesting essay about the word:

http://www.jacobsen.no/anders/blog/a...ggardly. html

Study History - Know the Future

If you can read this, thank a Teacher;
Since it is written in English, thank a Soldier.

Old December 14th 04, 08:37 PM
Tanada

Ken wrote:

Duke's address for the next few weeks until moving to Lincoln is:

Mr. Moses Lambert
1221 N Madison Ave,
North Platte, NE 69101-7243.

Ken, you're an angel. I can't send money as we're living with the same
pension problems as the Duke, but I can at lease send him a greeting
card and make sure he knows we all love his grouchy old self.

Pam S.

Old December 14th 04, 10:08 PM
Christina Websell

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ken wrote:

Duke's address for the next few weeks until moving to Lincoln is:

Mr. Moses Lambert
1221 N Madison Ave,
North Platte, NE 69101-7243.

Ken, you're an angel. I can't send money as we're living with the same
pension problems as the Duke, but I can at lease send him a greeting card
and make sure he knows we all love his grouchy old self.

Pam S.

I'll try and send just a little bit, it might help in the long run.

Tweed

Old December 14th 04, 11:19 PM
Irulan

Dave, thank heaven for good people like you who manage to round up other
people to help out friends in need. I'm sure your holiday season will be the
sweeter for being such a caring person.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 14th 04, 11:50 PM
Yowie

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ken wrote:

Duke's address for the next few weeks until moving to Lincoln is:

Mr. Moses Lambert
1221 N Madison Ave,
North Platte, NE 69101-7243.

Ken, you're an angel. I can't send money as we're living with the same
pension problems as the Duke, but I can at lease send him a greeting

card
and make sure he knows we all love his grouchy old self.

Pam S.

I'll try and send just a little bit, it might help in the long run.

Can't send anything but a Christmas card, but figure that will be better
than nothing. At least he will know he is being thought about half way
across the planet :-)

Yowie