Too funny!

Old December 25th 04, 02:50 PM
jmcquown

Default Too funny!

This video should not be played around kids due to language, but it's pretty
funny (at least to me).

http://foamy.libertech.net/xmess.swf

Jill

Old December 26th 04, 03:21 AM
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
This video should not be played around kids due to language, but it's
pretty
funny (at least to me).

http://foamy.libertech.net/xmess.swf

Jill

Wow. I watched the video and afterwards I realised I can't understand
American! It sounds strange to my English ears and the speech was too fast
for me to understand at least 50 per cent of it!
Which leads me to wonder whether you USA folks always understand the British
accent?
LOL! You would have no chance at all with my neighbour's wife. She has a
very strong local accent, so extreme that I can hardly understand her myself
some of the time ;-) It makes it worse when she can't think of a word and
substitutes "wotsit" or "thingie" and carries on regardless.

These neighbours are both very kind, and invite me to dinner every Monday
evening, and all I have to do is take some wine. Sometimes all I can do is
nod and smile for some of the time. They are a very close couple and have
almost developed another language between them. Which I can't understand.
They are so nice that when my German friend was here, they invited her too,
every Monday she was here. It was a turn-up for the books really, as they
were able to understand her, but she had great difficulty herself.
Once or twice she went home earlier than I did, claiming extreme tiredness.
Okay, the first time, yes, she had only just got here after coming over on
the coach, but after the second time I asked her why.
"I started to not understand what they said, so I thought I must be drunk"
!!!
LOL. She hardly drinks at all, and one glass of wine is plenty!

She wasn't drunk. A strong Leicestershire accent had beaten her, that was
all. She was reassured when I said for these two people only, I had the
same problem.

She has never heard the Queen speak, so today I videoed her speech and will
sent the tape to Germany.
We spoke on the phone this morning and I felt I had to say that after she
hears the Queen, she'll think *my* English is rubbish ;-)

Tweed

Old December 26th 04, 09:44 AM

jmcquown wrote:

This video should not be played around kids due to language, but
it's pretty funny (at least to me).
http://foamy.libertech.net/xmess.swf

I've seen and enjoyed other videos of the "cranky squirrel", but this
one annoyed me. It's the usual spiel: sorry you're feeling marginalized
at this time of year, but I suggest you just shut up and take it. Gee,
that's an original message!

Joyce
Old December 26th 04, 04:41 PM
Bob M

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I love to watch the British comedies on TV. But you're right, half of
the time I can't understand what they are saying but they still are
funny to me.

Bob
Old December 26th 04, 04:44 PM
Bob M

jmcquown wrote:

This video should not be played around kids due to language, but it's pretty
funny (at least to me).

http://foamy.libertech.net/xmess.swf

Jill

I liked it Jill. Hilarious.