Bottle Cap Blues and OT

Old December 20th 04, 06:32 PM
LMarks

Default Bottle Cap Blues and OT

Why, why, why can I have a dozen milk jug rings but the cats ALWAYS want
the same one? I love to watch them at play with these - Nikki batts it all
over the house, meorrrrowing loudly to it all the while. Chessie perches
like a kangaroo, flings it high with both front paws and then does butterfly
dances with the ring.

OT is for the blank checks on other people's accounts which I received from
Discover today - I shredded mine immediately and then realized I had two
more sheets (they all came in my envelope) for people who live in my
vicinity.
Had their names, partial account numbers, credit limits, and 4 checks for
each which I can use for whatsoever my little heart desires!!! I'm making a
joke but it actually made me quite angry - had a hard time making the
Discover customer service. rep understand what the consequence could be but
when it sunk in, she was planning a call to their headquarters. Cruise
anyone???

Lorna..........Chessie & Nikki

Old December 20th 04, 06:38 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:32:19 -0500, LMarks wrote:

[...]

Why do they want the same ring? It's like basketball, football, etc --
there is only one ball. MLB

Old December 20th 04, 06:56 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-20, LMarks penned:

OT is for the blank checks on other people's accounts which I received from
Discover today - I shredded mine immediately and then realized I had two
more sheets (they all came in my envelope) for people who live in my
vicinity. Had their names, partial account numbers, credit limits, and 4
checks for each which I can use for whatsoever my little heart desires!!!
I'm making a joke but it actually made me quite angry - had a hard time
making the Discover customer service. rep understand what the consequence
could be but when it sunk in, she was planning a call to their headquarters.
Cruise anyone???

Yeah, the first thing I do with a new credit account is call them and tell
them to stop sending me checks. If for some crazy reason I wanted them, I
could ask. Unfortunately, it seems that there's no way to do this before the
account is created, so there's a one-month window in which these things are
going through the mail.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Old December 20th 04, 07:08 PM
Katz

One time, I got somebody else's bank account statement attached to my
own. All kinds of "useful" information on it. Sheesh!

And Monique, I didn't know you could stop these checks from coming. And
it actually works?! I'll have to try that.

Old December 20th 04, 08:02 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-20, Katz penned:

And Monique, I didn't know you could stop these checks from coming. And it
actually works?! I'll have to try that.

Well, it's worked so far for me, both with my credit union and with MBNA. You
just call and tell them that you don't want any checks because you don't need
them and they have a substantial risk of getting into the wrong hands.

It's been a long while since I did this with my credit union, but I do
remember the MBNA discussion. They told me that it takes a month to process
this sort of request, but after a month I shouldn't get any more. And I
don't.

--
monique, who is sometimes allowed to pet Oscar, a grey^H^H^H^Hblue-cream DLH
with an attitude!

Blue's Birthday Tuday! Panda ov Toes Cat community 16 November 27th 04 07:03 PM
Sierra Blue's Memoreal Servise Newfield Kitties Cat community 33 October 23rd 04 03:17 AM
Skeeter blues Yoj Cat anecdotes 111 September 10th 04 08:10 AM
Pine Cone sings the blues Tanada Cat anecdotes 3 January 28th 04 03:58 AM
Russian Blues revisited Marina Cat anecdotes 4 September 30th 03 08:39 AM