I spy....

Old July 8th 05, 05:36 PM
Trish

"-L." (a snake by any other name is still a
snake) wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheryl wrote:

A Usenet "troll" has a mission of making a group unusable. You
started out as a troll; after a while you decided that your tactic
was all wrong here. You changed all that and decided to be civil,
only on certain levels. That didn't work too well, so you decided
to befriend every newbie, slurp every male, and now have succeeded
in making this group unusable. You're a Usenet ho.

Bingo.

-L.

hmmm , how well does a usenet ho get paid... sounds like a decent job

Old July 8th 05, 06:02 PM
Mary

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .
"-L." (a snake by any other name is still a
snake) wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheryl wrote:

A Usenet "troll" has a mission of making a group unusable. You
started out as a troll; after a while you decided that your tactic
was all wrong here. You changed all that and decided to be civil,
only on certain levels. That didn't work too well, so you decided
to befriend every newbie, slurp every male, and now have succeeded
in making this group unusable. You're a Usenet ho.

Bingo.

-L.

hmmm , how well does a usenet ho get paid... sounds like a decent job

I don't know, man, but I want to know where my checks are!

Old July 8th 05, 06:50 PM
Alison

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

Actually no, I originally came here over a year ago needing advice,

which I
received, I liked how people were helping each other and stayed

watching the
answers, but also answering or trying to help,

Yes me too except it was more than a year ago for me.

then the whole Conan thing

made me realize, hey, I know as much as those guys and I spoke out

more,
then realized some of the comments were fun and others were a duck

nd run
sort of thing (meaning flybys). The reason I said I stay and fight

it out
is becuase I am not afraid of the outcome of my words, if I believe

in them
enough to type then then I'll stand by them.

There were so many threads about Conan , I don't remember what your
thoughts on him were. Did you get flamed?

And life is stressful enough

so yes I have fun with the crazies of the world who open every door

there is
to show how crazy they are.

Well I wouldn't have described Mary and Catnipped as The Crazies but
that's a neat description. I have fun with them too.

I'd probably be hurt by your comment if I cared enough but alas it

ain't so.

You'd have to bit over sensitive to be hurt by a comment like that

lol Toronto.

Looks nice there

Alison

Old July 8th 05, 07:18 PM
Trish

"Alison" wrote in message

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .
There were so many threads about Conan , I don't remember what your
thoughts on him were. Did you get flamed?

I don't remember being flamed, but my thoughts are pretty much the sameas
some others, he needs a home and its taking too long to get him one. I'm
sure he is being taken care of in the boarding kennel he's in but its not
the same as having a human companion with you when you sleep or rest your
day away. I dislike kennels no matter what their purpose, and to hold a cat
there until a "perfect" home is found is unfair to any cat. I'm glad he is
out of the animal shelter but the amount of time its taking to find hook him
up with an owner who will love him and give him scratches etc on demand (not
when scheduled) bothers me. And so far there has been no valid explanation
of what they are looking for in a home for him. We know what they are not
looking for.

And life is stressful enough

so yes I have fun with the crazies of the world who open every door

there is
to show how crazy they are.

Well I wouldn't have described Mary and Catnipped as The Crazies but
that's a neat description. I have fun with them too.

Actually, I think Mary is cool, she has a good heart and is willing to put
actions behind her words. Unfortunately there are some who feel the need to
tear down these actions to get a personal stab in at her. I've not been
here for the past arguments and discussions, and I don't google to see who
said what when, but over the past year I've seen very good qualities in her.
We all have good and bad about us, it's what makes us unique. And she has a
good sense of humour, I like that. I've butted heads with her in the past
over something that I can't remember and I've felt her "wrath" but I stood
my ground and moved from there.

Catnipped, I don't know her very well, but I don't like that she is being
accused of burning her cat, I remember that ordeal as she was going through
it and felt that she handled the vet and rice bag thing quite well. I'm
sure she feels good about how she stood up for herself during that time, and
felt even better after Bandit was healed (and so she should feel good). As
for her yoga videos and such, well good for her, she's proud of what she
does, sadly, I don't think enough people take the time to speak well of
themselves when they acheive their goals or desires.

I'd probably be hurt by your comment if I cared enough but alas it

ain't so.

You'd have to bit over sensitive to be hurt by a comment like that

You are correct I can be oversensitive at times, hey I'm part irish and part
french with a few other nationalities tossed in there, being oversensitive
is a birthrite

lol Toronto.

Looks nice there

It's a beautiful city, it has a little bit of everything, I've been here 5
years now and there is always something new to do or explore. With so many
different nationalities living here, there is a big emphasis on culture,
it's great! Maybe someday you'll get a chance to visit, I'd love to give
you the $2.00 tour

Trish

Old July 8th 05, 07:22 PM
whitershadeofpale

-L. wrote:

Oh please, Sweetums. You and Tapey and Torchie finger-****ed this
group months ago with your incessant babbling. Anyone who was even
half-way decent left for cleaner waters. What is left is a free-for
all of waste and BS. I am merely administering my devastating final
blow before I depart.

-L.

Head over heels, Lyn rolls out, with head on fire!

xxx=B7=BA=B0"=98=A8`=B7._(=AF`=B7.xxx.=B7=B4=AF).= B7=B4=AF)_.=B7=B4=B4=A8=
=98"=B0=BA=B7
--o:=3D "eeet burrrrns!"

Old July 8th 05, 09:03 PM
CatNipped

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .
Catnipped, I don't know her very well, but I don't like that she is being
accused of burning her cat, I remember that ordeal as she was going

through
it and felt that she handled the vet and rice bag thing quite well. I'm
sure she feels good about how she stood up for herself during that time,

and
felt even better after Bandit was healed (and so she should feel good).

As
for her yoga videos and such, well good for her, she's proud of what she
does, sadly, I don't think enough people take the time to speak well of
themselves when they acheive their goals or desires.

Not that I feel the need to defend anything that I've done, Trish, but just
to clarify... The yoga video was posted in another group where we talk
about a *LOT* of off-topic subjects and where others there have stated that
they have been doing yoga for years. I posted the video to get advice about
what I was doing wrong and several people gave me some very helpful tips.
In fact 99% of the things C & L are talking about were posted in the other
group and most were in context with the conversations going on - and *none*
were objected to by others who post similar things. As far as being vain,
or "full of myself" - well, most of the things I post are me making fun of
myself (i.e. losing weight at 53 has made me resemble a Sherpe puppy, I have
to move my boobs before I can buckle my belt, and similar things). I've
*NEVER* taken myself seriously and don't intend to start now (which is why
it's so funny to see them trying to flame me with the very things I've
posted about myself1 ;).

Really C & L are using those things because I'm sure they're too embarrassed
to admit to the real reason they started flaming me - but anyone who can
google (although most don't bother, like they do) can see exactly what
happened.

As far as Alison is concerned - I stopped taking her seriously when she
tried to convince people that a cat stepping in its own urine in a litter
box was more dangerous to its health than being hit by a car - which is why
I don't even bother to answer her.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 05, 09:14 PM
Trish

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Oh, no worries, I knew they were from another group, I lurk in there and
have followed much of the conversation. I like the videos, I've been
thinking of picking up yoga also. And thanks to you and that group, I've
finally taken my bike in for its annual fix up and have started biking
again. Even found some off road trails (my absolute favourite). It's a
killer on my laundry but I'm having fun. By the way, Bandit is a cutie!
Have you tried off road biking? It's challenging but wow you feel great
after a good ride.

Old July 8th 05, 09:36 PM
CatNipped

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

BTW, for an example of how little I take myself seriously (or if you just
want a few chuckles) you can read the "...With Mommy" stories I wrote about
adopting a *very* mischievous kitten who *always* has the upper hand, er,
paw:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/With_Mommy.asp

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 05, 09:52 PM
CatNipped

"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Trish" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

YAY! Another biking enthusiast!!! I swear I'm becoming addicted to
endorphins... when it rains with lightning (simple rain doesn't keep me off
the bike) I climb the walls!

I'd love to try off-road biking, but I'm afraid to - I lose control and run
into mailboxes when I hit a crack in the pavement! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 8th 05, 10:34 PM
Trish

equalizer wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:52:15 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

SNIP

[...]

Guess I'll come out of the closet as well:

http://web.newsguy.com/equalizer/stumpjumper.jpg

Doesn't look as immaculate now as it did when this was taken last
October when I bought it. Nothing worse than a clean mountain bike.

Damn now that's a bike! Mine is slightly older, about 7 years, but still in
good shape, I'll take a pic and show you in a bit, need batteries for my
camera.