Little Cody at the Bridge

Old April 9th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Meowmie Carol

Default Little Cody at the Bridge

On Apr 4, 1:50 pm, "The Porter Cats"
wrote:
My outdoor kitty, Daisy, had kittens in my garage Monday morning, my
birthday. On Tuesday, I could hear more than one kitten but could only see
one, a white one. This morning I went to check on the kittens and to make
sure that Daisy was able to reach all of them, since she had had them in the
middle of some boxes, but one had died during the night. She had both of
them pulled close to her today - a white kitten and an orange babycat. At
first I blamed myself, but little Cody, the orange boy, didn't appear to
have any injuries or have starved; he had bleeding from the mouth. Maybe
Daisy had pushed him aside for that reason. I don't know. I buried him under
the pear tree in our back yard, next to George, my first cat. And I buried
him with blooming irises and told him how much he was loved. The white
kitten seems to be doing well, and Daisy is a very attentive mother. Please
purr for Cody's trip to the Bridge.

Julie

Yoo and Daisy did everyfing you could, we are sure... sometimes sad
fings are meant to be.
Purring for you, Daisy, and your fambilies...

Old April 12th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

Thanks SO much to everyone for the purrs. I probably check on the
remaining kitten a ridiculous number of times during the day, but the mom
doesn't seem to mind. Until this kitten was born, she had never let me
touch her before. Now she is all over me to be petted constantly. (Maybe
because I keep the canned food coming throughout the day.)

Maybe... and maybe she can feel the love you share for the kitten
and she
wants you to know that she does. Maybe she's just grateful for the help.
New mothers often like to have a little help so I'm told.(;-))

I sure hope so. Today she moved the kitten. She had been on a blanket in the
corner of the garage, and moved it to a doghouse, also in the garage. Scared
me to death until I found it. She previously had been really close to my
laundry room, and the indoor tomcats would poke their heads out and stare,
so I think she wanted to be farther from them. I think a lot of her
affection for me may be hormonal! After she has kittens, she always is sweet
as can be, then turns back into a hellion after they are weaned. At any
rate, I'm being very sweet to her and hoping to win her over. She's so soft,
and I love petting and scritching her.

Julie

Old April 12th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

Stormmee, that's a really good idea! Thanks.

Anti Julie

"Stormmee" wrote in message
when I wuza baby cat wif no siblinz or momcat, Furry getted minsef a
monkey
dat wuz bigger dan me butt i kuld still play wifit anna sleep wifit, it iz
still mine furnd, Stormmee

Old April 12th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

awwwwwwwwwww!!

"Granby" wrote in message
when I first came to Grambys house, dey put an alarm click inside a
stuffed animal and fooled myownself into thinking it was alive. It was
muchmuch fun to sleep wif anna I drug it everywhere. Piglet rememberin how
Maggie D*G chewed the stuffed animal and godda da clock out.

Old April 12th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Thanks so much! This is her second litter, and I have had trouble finding a
place in my area that would spay ferals for a reasonable cost. FINALLY found
a place this week, so she is going there as soon as the kitten is weaned. I
don't want to separate them until them. I just don't want any more little
outdoor kitties to have difficulties.

Julie

Old April 12th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

aza matter of fakt, i bringed into da bed lazt nite anna when mine hooman
anna dat typin one camed inna door i bringed monkey ta se dem, Stormmee

Old April 13th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

I'm going to try very hard! I'm going to try to take her just as SOON as the
kitten is weaned. I tried to do this before but couldn't take off work, but
being unemployed should help this time. :-) I'm also really trying to pet
and hold her a lot, to get her used to the idea. Boy, she is like Jekyll and
Hyde.

Old April 13th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats

This is so sweet! Leo has a little stuffed dog that he carries around like a
"baby," and brings it to me. I love seeing them attached to a toy like that.

Old April 13th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we will pray you can do it, soft
ink.net...

"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 12:26 AM
Rescuer's Bridge Shirley Cat anecdotes 8 May 5th 06 03:21 AM
Old cat at the Bridge Gabrielle Cat community 14 March 28th 04 10:06 PM
Rosie's gone to the Bridge... Fiat Incantatum Cat community 26 December 22nd 03 03:49 AM
Rainbow bridge? Tony Stanford Cat health & behaviour 2 August 12th 03 10:36 AM