Privacy problems with VetCentric

Old June 24th 08, 08:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
M.S.

Default Privacy problems with VetCentric

I was wondering if anyone else has had privacy problems with
VetCentric?

Somehow that company got ahold of my fake/other/non-primary email
address and created an account for me. Then the day after I made an
appointment with my veterinarian I received another email from
VetCentric telling me about the services that my veterinarian has. I
tried to create a real account with VetCentric and it wouldn't allow
it because it said another account had been created using my phone
number. They're obviously talking about the account that I never even
signed up for. I never gave out that email address to my veterinarian.
I have no idea how VetCentric got my email address, knew it belonged
to me, knew my phone number, and knew what veterinarian I go to. I
never even use that email address. I created a gaming account with
that address seven years ago solely because I thought I'd get a ton of
spam, which I was right about. I never use that email address for
anything else. I'm also very careful about what personal information I
give out.

Has anyone else had this happen? Did VetCentric create an account for
you, with your email address, without your permission? I've tried
contacting them to find out what happened but I haven't heard anything
yet.
Old June 24th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"M.S." wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone else has had privacy problems with
VetCentric?

Somehow that company got ahold of my fake/other/non-primary email
address and created an account for me. Then the day after I made an
appointment with my veterinarian I received another email from
VetCentric telling me about the services that my veterinarian has.

Your vet sold your information, right? How else would "Vetcentric"
(whatever the hell this is) know he is your vet?

Old June 25th 08, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
M.S.

cybercat wrote:
"M.S." wrote in message
I was wondering if anyone else has had privacy problems with
VetCentric?

Somehow that company got ahold of my fake/other/non-primary email
address and created an account for me. Then the day after I made an
appointment with my veterinarian I received another email from
VetCentric telling me about the services that my veterinarian has.

Your vet sold your information, right? How else would "Vetcentric"
(whatever the hell this is) know he is your vet?

My vet didn't have my email address, so they couldn't have given it to
that company. So my vet didn't sell anyone any information. Besides, I
know my vet is trustworthy.

VetCentric is basically a veterinary pharmacy that works with
veterinarians. I've noticed that a lot of veterinarians are now using
this company. Perhaps to prevent their clients from accidentally
purchasing counterfeit medicine from questionable online pharmacies.
VetCentric also provides healthcare resources, like an encyclopedia of
animal illnesses
Old June 25th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"M.S." wrote in message

cybercat wrote:
"M.S." wrote in message
[...]

So you got spammed. Big deal.

OE problems Joy Cat anecdotes 32 April 2nd 08 11:12 AM
preserving privacy chili palmer Cat health & behaviour 26 September 17th 06 06:10 AM
Do you have any problems about your cat? white coco Cat health & behaviour 1 December 8th 05 03:05 AM
eye problems Charles Bishop Cat health & behaviour 3 January 3rd 05 09:59 PM
cat wants privacy in the bathroom MGW Cat health & behaviour 12 February 5th 04 07:10 AM