Special water

Old March 21st 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Default Special water

OK. I guess it's time to fess up. We've always kept a fairly large
water bowl in the kitchen close to the pets' food. It's on the floor by
the sliding glass window. It was fine until we got "bouncy Rex"
(Pomeranian).

Missy has always been a big fan of "special water". For the first 4-5
years of her life, we couldn't leave a glass of water unguarded or she
would try to drink out of it -- with the usual result that the glass was
dumped over, creating quite a mess that had to be seen to.

DW needs a humidifier at night to help her breathing. Before we go to
bed it's my job to fill the reservoir (1+ USG). When I had the
reservoir off, Mistletoe used to drink out of the collection sump in the
humidifier.

We just had new carpet done and the stand on which the humidifier sits
was out of place. So I took a small bowl and put it on top of the chest
of drawers that stayed in our bedroom, then put water in that for
Mistletoe (Don't anybody tell me you wouldn't cater to your own cats
that way - I've been here too long and I know better). It was supposed
to just be there until the bedroom was put back in proper order after
the carpeting was done.

Missy has now decided that the chest is where her water is *supposed* to
be and she yowls when it's empty. So her bowl is filled morning and night.

Oh, well, it's a small price to pay for our snuggly kitty.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 21st 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:26:04 -0700, Sam wrote:

[...]

I still give TuTu water from an eyedropper every night before going to
bed. She loves it and looks forward to the routine. Best wishes. MLB

Old March 21st 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

Our water routine is likely to get us classified as a marsh by the epa.

We have three very large water bowls. One by the dogs food dish, She used
that one to rinse her racquet and tennis balls. One on the back patio. If
she doesn't knock it over, it gets empties into the flower pots and refilled
daily. Third and most loved and largest bowl belongs under the hose bib
that has a animal water 'leaker" attached. It dribbles into the bowl as
long as Kayla hasn't moved the bowl. Everyone prefers to drink from that
bowl and from the dripping leaker. Birds drink there and bathe in that
water bowl, the cats drink there etc.

But there is also a tall crystal water glass on the kitchen counter only for
the cats. The water in that is changed several times a day. In the evening
ice is added to keep it cold.

Then there is another glass on the counter in out bathroom. Refilled at
bedtime with ice. Jake has a nervous breakdown and paces the floor for the
five minutes it takes Charlie every evening to change all the water and
provide ice. Kayla also gets ice cubes in her crate to chew as part of this
routine.

At least they all drink tap water. Well, except for Kayla who gets bottled
water in the car after a run in the park.

Jo

Old March 21st 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"Jo Firey"
"Sam"
[...]

LOL@ the drinking glass..do they use a straw? Both these stories are
hysterical. Cats are SO funny LOL
Mosey loves to play in the water, Sometimes, if someone has a leak in the
complex we live in, they shut the water off for the whole place .
Well, we fill the bathtub up for use in the tank to flush and have lots of
drinking water on hand, make lots of ice the night before, etc. Anyway, the
tub was full one day, we just let it sit there for a few days, and used the
shower, but one day Mosey was perched on the side of the tub, putting his
'arm' around the bar on the tub, and he started drinking,,,slurp slurp
slurp,
SPLASH!!! He fell in, right after DH gently warned him not to. LOL.
Mosey didn't fall all the way in, he caught himself on a towel, and DH dried
him off. Now IF we have to fill the tub up again, we leave the door closed.
It was slightly warm water. We use a PUR water filter for our drinking
water, and the Cats drinking water. Our water isn't safe to drink here, we
were notified about a year ago. Well, that's not entirely true, there were
higher levels of arsenic in the drinking water here, we were all notified
about it, had a meeting, etc, and we're just drinking either PUR or bottled
water.
Sqweex liked to play with the water we left dripping on cold winter nights,
as our place advises, to keep the pipes from bursting..well, that's over for
now
We don't have to pay for the water in our utilities. She'd get her nose
under the small stream in my bathroom, stick her tongue out, and she has a
long tongue, and take a few licks, then start throwing water all over the
loo with her big feet...LOL..Pookie would take a shower with me if I'd let
him.

Kyla
--Pipps is glaring at me, wanting to play fetch the pipecleaner...
alley OOP!!!