Some little purrs for Bandit

Old March 22nd 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris Havlicek

Default Some little purrs for Bandit

Purrs for Bandit to be suffering from nothing more than post operative
discomfort. Oreo tapered off of her eating for a few days after her
spay, but was also just as active. (I just love it when TED says
to keep 'em quiet.....HAH! ) After about three or four days, she
was pretty much back to her normal pattern.

Healing purrs and good thoughts for Bandit, and good thoughts for
Hugh for taking her in!

Purrs-

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory
Lesley wrote:
Hi all

I know we're all purring for Four and Charlene and for Ginger-Lynn
and...so many things but any small purrs for Hugh's owner Bandit?

It's probably nothing to worry about but...

Some of you may remember Bandit, last October Hugh was walking home at
Snipped for server

She doesn't have a fever. Vet has given her an antibiotic shot, some
other shot and some brown paste stuff which judging by the performance
getting her to eat it, didn't taste nice! Then told Mark to take her
home but if she hasn't pooped by Tuesday or she gets worse to bring
her back.

She is running about like a maniac and ambushing Hugh's other cats so
we hope it's not serious

But if there's a spare purr or if anyone knows what it might be?

Cheers

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 22nd 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

Nocturne stopped pooping, peeing and eating after her spay. We took
her to a different vet and they found she had a hernia...the inside
stitching had come undone inside her. The first vet had used expired
thread to sew her up inside and the end had let go!

She had another surgery, to correct the hernia and get rid of dead
tissue.

But she still wouldn't poo. Her bowels were slow to get started and
she would get plugged up and couldn't force the dried stuff to get
moving. She had two enemas.

She was eating, though, and so we fed her this slop that was one half
wet cat food and one half pumpkin pie filling. The fibre in the
pumpkin made her go. That was the end of the problem, though she was
suspicious of wet cat food for years afterwards.

Well, no wonder she's the Queen of Darkness! I would be if that had happened
to me. Did you manage to get any settlement from the first vet? The least
they could've done was pay for the second surgery...

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

[snip]

Anyway Thursday was her big day. She went for her spay

This morning his flatmate Marc (The guy who was saying "We can't keep
her - we can;t afford 3 cats" last October and is now well trained to
obey her commands) took her back to the vet. They didn't think she had
peed since Thursday morning but she is very discreet about that sort
of thing and when the vet examined her. she had an empty bladder so
presumably she's been using the litter box when no-one was looking or
peeing somewhere else. But no poop at all since the operation and
although she was eating a little Thursday night and Friday morning she
then stopped showing any interest in her food, which is why she went
to the vet

She doesn't have a fever. Vet has given her an antibiotic shot, some
other shot and some brown paste stuff which judging by the performance
getting her to eat it, didn't taste nice! Then told Mark to take her
home but if she hasn't pooped by Tuesday or she gets worse to bring
her back.

She is running about like a maniac and ambushing Hugh's other cats so
we hope it's not serious

Poor Bandit - I hope it's nothing serious! Highly fibrous purrs heading
her way.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 23rd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:59:29 -0700 (PDT), Lesley
wrote:

Hi all

I know we're all purring for Four and Charlene and for Ginger-Lynn
and...so many things but any small purrs for Hugh's owner Bandit?

It's probably nothing to worry about but...

Some of you may remember Bandit, last October Hugh was walking home at
about midnight (He works long hours) and saw this kitten chasing
leaves in the middle of the road so worried that she was lost he took
her in (He says it's funny that's the only time he's seen a cat or a
kitten in that street- probably relieved at that he might have taken
them all in!) turned out to be about 2 months old loaded with worms
and covered with fleas.

Hugh didn't particularly try and find her previous slaves if she had
any (She arrived completely house trained bar the odd accident so she
may have had) since 1. If they could lose a kitten and not tear the
neighbourhood up to find her they probably didn't care 2. The vet
nurse said no-one should be allowed to have a kitten and let them get
so worm and flea laden

[...]

Purrs for Bandit to feel better, and get back on her food.

(I just HATE when a cat stops eating; it can be anything...I hope this
'nothing').

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein
Old March 23rd 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Hi Lesley
First of all major purrs and prayers coming your way from us, for Bandit.
I know about the nasty tasting stuff in the tube the v*t gave you. Mosey
got some of that. Was it for furballs? Mosey and his longhair sister
Sqweex really hated the stuff. It's called Laxatone, and it's tuna
flavored. I tried giving it to him 'once, I just smeared some of his paw so
he could lick it off, and what did the little stinker do? He peed on the
bottom sheet on my side of the bed at 3 am.
Then the next day, he pooped 'outside' his box. Now, he's 'constipated'
again and I may have to give him some with the syringy thingy TED gave me.
IDK.
Anyway, again, major purrs and prayers for Bandit. Poor baby.
Give him a gentle kiss on the top of his head from us
Hug
Kyla
--and silly Clowder

"Matthew" ...
purrs in route with some prayers along with them
"Lesley"

Old March 23rd 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

bastXXXette
Enfilade
Nocturne stopped pooping, peeing and eating after her spay. We took
her to a different vet and they found she had a hernia...the inside
stitching had come undone inside her. The first vet had used expired
thread to sew her up inside and the end had let go!

Oh H*ll no! that is w-r-o-n-g. Bad TED!!

She had another surgery, to correct the hernia and get rid of dead
tissue.

But she still wouldn't poo. Her bowels were slow to get started and
she would get plugged up and couldn't force the dried stuff to get
moving. She had two enemas.

Poor baby

She was eating, though, and so we fed her this slop that was one half
wet cat food and one half pumpkin pie filling. The fibre in the
pumpkin made her go. That was the end of the problem, though she was
suspicious of wet cat food for years afterwards.

Pumpkin pie filling eh? Now there's something I hadn't heard of.
Hmm, I could get a ready made pumpkin pie from the bakery (on sale for
2.99), and offer Mosey some off my spoon, when I finish. If he's hesitent
about it, I'll put a small amount on his nose, he'll lick it off and either
go YUM or glare at me and huff off. Thanks for the idea And the fiber in
the pie filling is good for us too

Well, no wonder she's the Queen of Darkness! I would be if that had
happened
to me. Did you manage to get any settlement from the first vet? The least
they could've done was pay for the second surgery...

Joyce

No kidding, Joyce. That is just NOT right IMO. Poor Bandit, having to go
all thru that

Kyla
--wonder what Sqweex wants..she's talking from the kitchen using her 'Mimzy'
voice.

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old March 23rd 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:59:29 -0700, Lesley wrote:

[...]

Sending purrs for Bandit's wellbeing. MLB
Old March 23rd 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
Hi all

I know we're all purring for Four and Charlene and for Ginger-Lynn
and...so many things but any small purrs for Hugh's owner Bandit?

There are always purrs in abundance. We are sending poopie purrs to Bandit.

Old March 23rd 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

She is running about like a maniac and ambushing Hugh's other cats so
we hope it's not serious

But if there's a spare purr or if anyone knows what it might be?

Cheers

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Many purrs and prayers for a little Bandit.

Helen M
Old March 23rd 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs on the way.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Bandit RB CatNipped Cat anecdotes 67 June 26th 07 12:26 PM
Purrs for Bandit and Tientje.. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 June 10th 07 06:05 PM
Bandit RB CatNipped Cat health & behaviour 51 June 7th 07 08:57 AM
Bandit Buddy's Mom Cat health & behaviour 0 June 5th 07 01:34 AM
Purrs for Bandit (the UK one) please Exocat Cat anecdotes 31 March 15th 05 11:18 PM