Bonnie had a vet visit today

Old March 25th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

Default Bonnie had a vet visit today

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?
Old March 25th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"yepp" wrote in message
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?

No advice, just lots of purrs and sympathy for both of you.

Joy

Old March 25th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 25, 2:46 pm, "Joy" wrote:
"yepp" wrote in message

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?

No advice, just lots of purrs and sympathy for both of you.

Joy

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...g?t=1206474396

She will have to have this ecollar for awhile.
Old March 25th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

yepp wrote:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?

Misty had that problem and yes, for her it did reoccur. We had to keep
an eye on it - a hint it was about to happen again was a lot of licking
in the area. I guess it was bothering her when the abcess swelled up
and she kept licking it. She was older when it started happening,
around 17, but she lived to be 19+. Not a fun problem to have, for you
or her!

Bobble
Old March 25th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"yepp"
On Mar 25, 2:46 pm, "Joy"
"yepp"

[...]

Poor baby....
Well, that's a good thing.
PookieCat had to wear one after he got 'fixed' about 3 years ago
Purring that Bonnie heals soon
Kyla
--and snoozing Clowder

Old March 25th 08, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 25, 3:11 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:38:41 -0700, yepp wrote:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?

Ah, poor baby! Sending loud purrs that healing will be fast and complete.
MLB

Well, she's been a trouper. I have to apply warm compresses to her
bottom every 3 hours.

Old March 25th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Purrs that it will heal quickly for poor Bonnie. One of my kitties
had to
wear an e-collar just like that one. When I brought her home from the
vet, my kitty Patience was so afraid of her that she stayed under the
couch for more than a day. "Who is that monster?"

Debbie

Well, she's been a trouper. *I have to apply warm compresses to her
bottom every 3 hours.- Hide quoted text -

Old March 25th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
yepp

On Mar 25, 4:07 pm, wrote:
Purrs that it will heal quickly for poor Bonnie. One of my kitties
had to
wear an e-collar just like that one. When I brought her home from the
vet, my kitty Patience was so afraid of her that she stayed under the
couch for more than a day. "Who is that monster?"

Debbie

Well, she's been a trouper. I have to apply warm compresses to her
bottom every 3 hours.- Hide quoted text -

Yep Seeing that too from Bobby.
Old March 25th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

yepp wrote:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ie-ecollar.jpg

Ruptured anal sac! She was bleeding in her butt area and I thought it
was her anus. She was of course licking it like mad.

I took her in and there was a huge hole next to her rectum - almost as
big as a quarter. And, another smaller lesion next to that. The vet
said her anal sac ruptured and I have antibiotics and some pain
killers for 14 days. She must wear this e-collar too for that length
of time. It is made of vinyl. We must go back after 2 weeks to see if
it healed up properly and also to drain her anal sacs again to see if
they are clogged. I've never had this problem before with a cat. I
don't know if it will reoccur with her or not. Advice?

Poor baby! She doesn't look very happy with the collar. Purrs for a quick
recovery.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Tiger's vet visit today ears, urination, kidney Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 3 December 6th 05 01:53 AM
Bonnie - the PP Bev Cat anecdotes 2 January 24th 05 02:40 PM
I know this is Bonnie!! Bev Cat anecdotes 4 March 20th 04 03:51 PM
Bonnie!! Bev Cat anecdotes 15 November 5th 03 06:08 PM
Vet Visit today, possible BW Larry Osborne Cat anecdotes 15 October 27th 03 01:18 AM