Toe Biter - Angry Hubby

Old February 26th 05, 11:20 AM
Chris Dutton

Default Toe Biter - Angry Hubby

My cat has a toe biting problem. I've had her since she was weaned.
While she was in her first year, she would bite toes in the middle of
the night. She's now 3 years old, I learned to close my bedroom door to
curb that behaviour. She's grown up with another cat since she's lived
with me. The other one is on a diet and we feed them once a day just
before bed.

Now she bites my husband's toes or knees. She has plenty of toys and is
an affectionate cat. (Sometimes we can't keep her out of our lap, she
wants fusses so bad. Very big change that occurred when we spayed her.)
I just want to know why she bites and what I can do about it.

This is my toe biting little ball of fluff. Love her to bits. Love hubby
too. Don't like hubby angry at kitty.
http://familygeek.com/gallery/Cats/Squint
Old February 26th 05, 01:19 PM
Joe Canuck

Chris Dutton wrote:

My cat has a toe biting problem. I've had her since she was weaned.
While she was in her first year, she would bite toes in the middle of
the night. She's now 3 years old, I learned to close my bedroom door to
curb that behaviour. She's grown up with another cat since she's lived
with me. The other one is on a diet and we feed them once a day just
before bed.

Now she bites my husband's toes or knees. She has plenty of toys and is
an affectionate cat. (Sometimes we can't keep her out of our lap, she
wants fusses so bad. Very big change that occurred when we spayed her.)
I just want to know why she bites and what I can do about it.

This is my toe biting little ball of fluff. Love her to bits. Love hubby
too. Don't like hubby angry at kitty.
http://familygeek.com/gallery/Cats/Squint

Cute kitty!

You either make the toes unattractive...

First determine if kitty dislikes Tabasco sauce. Place a bit on the tip
of your finger and approach your cat with it... hopefully she will
retract rather than lick your finger.

If she retracts, give toes a smearing of Tabasco sauce. You will have to
go through one more biting, but it may be the last one once she gets a
taste of the Tabasco.

Or keep them out of sight...

Stay under the covers.

Old February 26th 05, 04:41 PM
-L.

Chris Dutton wrote:
My cat has a toe biting problem. I've had her since she was weaned.

Her looks like her is *vewwy* pweased with the toe biting behavior!
LOL!

I would put some bitter apple spray on your socks - you can buy it at
pet supply stores.

HTH,

-L.

Old February 26th 05, 05:11 PM
Mary

Chris Dutton wrote:
My cat has a toe biting problem. I've had her since she was weaned.
While she was in her first year, she would bite toes in the middle of
the night. She's now 3 years old, I learned to close my bedroom door to
curb that behaviour. She's grown up with another cat since she's lived
with me. The other one is on a diet and we feed them once a day just
before bed.

Now she bites my husband's toes or knees. She has plenty of toys and is
an affectionate cat. (Sometimes we can't keep her out of our lap, she
wants fusses so bad. Very big change that occurred when we spayed her.)
I just want to know why she bites and what I can do about it.

This is my toe biting little ball of fluff. Love her to bits. Love hubby
too. Don't like hubby angry at kitty.
http://familygeek.com/gallery/Cats/Squint

Aughggh! What a great shot! She looks like she's thinking "you have
to take those shoes off some time, buddy." Tell me, does she only
bite his toes when he is lying down? Or when does she? Have you and he
tried a loud "NO!" or "OW!?" A can of marbles on hand to rattle would be
good too. Does she bite your toes? And has he been around the whole time
she has?
Old February 26th 05, 06:59 PM
Chris Dutton

Aughggh! What a great shot! She looks like she's thinking "you have
to take those shoes off some time, buddy." Tell me, does she only
bite his toes when he is lying down? Or when does she? Have you and he
tried a loud "NO!" or "OW!?" A can of marbles on hand to rattle would be
good too. Does she bite your toes? And has he been around the whole time
she has?

She'll bite toes when sitting at the computer desk, watching tv mostly.
As we don't let her in the bedroom anymore she doesn't get the
opportunity to get us in the night.

And sometimes it's knees too. It's not hard enough to draw blood, but
hard enough to get your attention.
Old February 26th 05, 09:33 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:20:35 +0000, Chris Dutton wrote:

My cat has a toe biting problem. I've had her since she was weaned.
While she was in her first year, she would bite toes in the middle of
the night. She's now 3 years old, I learned to close my bedroom door to
curb that behaviour. She's grown up with another cat since she's lived
with me. The other one is on a diet and we feed them once a day just
before bed.

Now she bites my husband's toes or knees. She has plenty of toys and is
an affectionate cat. (Sometimes we can't keep her out of our lap, she
wants fusses so bad. Very big change that occurred when we spayed her.)
I just want to know why she bites and what I can do about it.

This is my toe biting little ball of fluff. Love her to bits. Love hubby
too. Don't like hubby angry at kitty.
http://familygeek.com/gallery/Cats/Squint

Simple solution wear shoes or slippers. She probably enjoys the
(negative) attention she gets from him. Perhaps if he were to give her
some positive attention it would help. MLB

Old February 26th 05, 09:36 PM
Karen

in article 7YYTd.512657$Xk.467133@pd7tw3no, Chris Dutton at
wrote on 2/26/05 5:20AM:

This is my toe biting little ball of fluff. Love her to bits. Love hubby
too. Don't like hubby angry at kitty.
http://familygeek.com/gallery/Cats/Squint

She's pretty darn cute.

Old February 26th 05, 09:36 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:59:34 +0000, Chris Dutton wrote:

Aughggh! What a great shot! She looks like she's thinking "you have
to take those shoes off some time, buddy." Tell me, does she only
bite his toes when he is lying down? Or when does she? Have you and he
tried a loud "NO!" or "OW!?" A can of marbles on hand to rattle would be
good too. Does she bite your toes? And has he been around the whole time
she has?

She'll bite toes when sitting at the computer desk, watching tv mostly.
As we don't let her in the bedroom anymore she doesn't get the
opportunity to get us in the night.

And sometimes it's knees too. It's not hard enough to draw blood, but
hard enough to get your attention.

You said "get your attention" That is indeed what she wants.
If you cannot do it, perhaps a little friend to play with might work.
MLB

Old February 26th 05, 09:39 PM
Bandwidth

I heard when cats bite it is because they are bonding with you. Don't know
who true it is.

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Angry and Depressed Ginger-lyn Summer Cat anecdotes 36 December 13th 04 09:01 PM
SO Angry! Kalyahna Cat rescue 56 March 31st 04 12:19 AM
RJ is angry with me Singer709 Cat anecdotes 2 January 16th 04 04:54 AM
Angry cat Jack Cat health & behaviour 24 December 4th 03 09:26 PM
I am so angry (vent) MaryL Cat health & behaviour 76 November 2nd 03 05:08 PM