Fireworks!! Yay!!!

Old November 4th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Fireworks!! Yay!!!

My Muriel is deaf as a post.

She's spent most of the evening sitting at a window watching the
flashes and showers of sparks whizzing past the window. Wonderful
fun. To a human, or a cat with normal hearing, it sounds like the
first day of the Battle of the Somme.

The others spent the same period hiding in baskets, under chairs,
or (Ollie and Courtney the kittens) snuggled up together in the
drawer that has the bags of dry catfood.

Old November 4th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
My Muriel is deaf as a post.

She's spent most of the evening sitting at a window watching the
flashes and showers of sparks whizzing past the window. Wonderful
fun. To a human, or a cat with normal hearing, it sounds like the
first day of the Battle of the Somme.

The others spent the same period hiding in baskets, under chairs,
or (Ollie and Courtney the kittens) snuggled up together in the
drawer that has the bags of dry catfood.

Silly me, I was about to ask what was the occasion for the
fireworks, until I realized you are in the UK, and
remembered Guy Fawkes Day!

Old November 7th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote
My Muriel is deaf as a post.

She's spent most of the evening sitting at a window watching the
flashes and showers of sparks whizzing past the window. Wonderful
fun. To a human, or a cat with normal hearing, it sounds like the
first day of the Battle of the Somme.

The others spent the same period hiding in baskets, under chairs,
or (Ollie and Courtney the kittens) snuggled up together in the
drawer that has the bags of dry catfood.

One of our cats, I am not sure which, maybe Pish RB, who was not deaf,
used to like watching fireworks through the back window. But all our
other ones have hated it.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

OT - Make your own fireworks Rhonda Cat health & behaviour 0 July 5th 06 01:48 AM
Cats and fireworks Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 7 January 2nd 06 10:04 PM
Fireworks Ban [Partly OT] CatNipped Cat anecdotes 12 December 31st 05 12:57 AM
B & C and Fireworks Bev Cat anecdotes 10 November 6th 04 11:27 AM
Fireworks Mr Nangla Cat health & behaviour 4 November 4th 03 03:29 AM