Sorry, can't do Facebook

Old August 26th 17, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Sorry, can't do Facebook

I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill
Old August 27th 17, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill

What's the problem? I took a while to get used to it myself so maybe I can help?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Nice pic of Buffy
Old August 28th 17, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/26/2017 7:32 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:23:49 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
I just don't like the interface. I haven't deactivated my account (yet)
and might check for posts there on rpca from time to time but as a
regular form of communication I simply don't like it.

Jill

What's the problem? I took a while to get used to it myself so maybe I can help?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

PS Nice pic of Buffy

Thanks about the pic of Buffy.

The problem with FB is it seems to think just because I've friended
someone I should be also be friends with every else they know. Not
necessarily! After I reactivated my account a woman on the RPCA
Facebook group complained about being asked to friend people I'd listed
10 years ago. Don't worry about it, they're people I used to work with.
They wouldn't know you from Adam, either. LOL

Also, I've got notifications turned OFF, yet I still get notified if
someone changes their status. Facebook is just annoying.

Jill
Old August 30th 17, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/30/2017 7:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

I don't know why that woman had all those requests. If she's going through
each and every suggestion they give you then I think she must bored. I
really can't imagine what she's doing and why. Let alone why she's
complaining, you coming into the facebook group is no different to when
she or I did. I didn't see these 'asked to friend' requests. I only check
on the the individual requests where people have personally asked if I
want to friend them. I only accept those I want and delete all others
(sometimes that can be very therapeutic if that person is not nice). I
don't get many requests as I'm mainly friends with people I want, although
occasionally there's a nice surprise. Hang on in there but keep up with
the usenet group too, as I do.

Judith

Thanks, Judith. I wondered why she brought it up. I don't expect her
to know who Jodi Incardona is! I'll wait a while before deactivating
the account. Maybe it will grow on me.

Jill
Old August 30th 17, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Jill,

You can get an add on called FB Purity that will help with those annoying posts.

http://www.fbpurity.com/

http://www.fbpurity.com/features.htm

Patti
Old August 30th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/30/2017 11:22 AM, Mishi wrote:
Jill,

You can get an add on called FB Purity that will help with those annoying posts.

http://www.fbpurity.com/

http://www.fbpurity.com/features.htm

Patti

Thanks, that might help.

Jill

FACEBOOK CAT :) Persian Cats - misc 1 July 9th 12 01:49 PM
Facebook (Again) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 12 March 31st 12 12:37 AM
r.p.c.a on Facebook Robert Catt Cat anecdotes 17 November 15th 11 09:31 PM
More about r.p.c.a. and Facebook Robert Catt Cat anecdotes 76 November 15th 11 03:56 PM
For Those Who Are On Facebook. tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 10 02:46 PM