Memphis and the plumber!

Old January 29th 05, 04:24 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:42:00 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:19:35 +0000 (UTC), "Sandra"
yodeled:

Had a visit from the plumber today, he rang the doorbell, and as
soon as I opened it, Memphis shot out of the hall, into the lounge
and under the sofa. That took some doing as he is a big cat. He
stayed there for ages. The plumber went away to get something. Came
back a while later. Rang the bell.Memphis shot under the sofa
again! Normally he is cautious of visitors but curious too.
Phoenix however knows no fear and went to investigate his tool
box. Turns out the
guy has 4 daschounds. Perhaps Memphis could smell them but he
wouldn't go near the plumber at all. Not even to see what he was
doing in the bathroom!

Aww, poor Memphis. Stinky loves workmen and service people. He
follows them whereever they go, and sticks his nose right into
whatever they're doing.

Sorry, but my imagination finished our last sentance for me: I read
it as "sticks his mose into every butt-crack exposed to him", and
thought that is a *very* brave kitty

Well, it *has* happened.

I know A couple of times ours have pressed a cold nose to "exposed
postieror flesh", but they were, um, 'rewarded' by getting some flatulence
in the face. The shock of a cold kitty-nose against the sensitive skin in
that area is to blame LOL

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old January 29th 05, 04:36 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-29, Christina Websell penned:

So you get "builder's bum" in the USA, too? Wow, thought it was a British
thing. Horrible sight ;-)

For some reason, here, it's called a plumber's crack. I guess some things
are universal.

Of course, that leads to a lot of very amusing "Just say no to crack!"
posters.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 30th 05, 02:49 AM
Krista

Christina Websell wrote:

So you get "builder's bum" in the USA, too? Wow, thought it was a

British
thing.
Horrible sight ;-)

Tweed

Yes, indeed we do. We had a marvelous, wonderful plumber (retired now,
dangitall) who would come immediately when you called, and did a
marvelous job. More than once when we were in dire straits he came on
Sunday and dug up our yard after church, still in his suit and tie. He
was a paragon. But the very best of all his many virtues was his
suspenders. :-P

------
Krista

PS: Brits, I think, may want to read "braces" instead of "suspenders"
- they were holding up his pants, not his stockings. ;-)