what's in the basement?

Old September 25th 03, 07:56 AM

Default what's in the basement?

Brenda wrote:

Every morning Emily meows for me to open the basement door. She then
goes down the stairs, tours the entire basement and comes up to report
that the basement is free of greeblings.

This morning Emily started downstairs as usual, but quickly reversed
herself and stayed away from the door for the rest of the day.

This reminds me of a story about Tika, the cat I lived with during the
80s and 90s, now RB. I used to live in a 3-family house, on the top floor.
One of the rooms had a door out to a deck, which was built on the roof of
the second-floor apt. From this deck, Tika could get up onto the roof of
the entire building, and sometimes if I was hanging out on the deck, she'd
go off exploring on the roof. (It was one of those large, rambling east
coast houses with add-on rooms and gables jutting out all over the place,
so there was much for her to explore.)

Well, one day, she wasn't gone for very long, when she came trotting back
around a corner with every hair on her body fluffed out, and her eyes huge
and black. I have no idea what she saw up there, but she evidently didn't
like it!

Here she is:

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/tika1.jpg
http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/tika2.jpg
http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/tika3.jpg

Joyce

Old September 25th 03, 06:12 PM
Marina

"Brenda" wrote
Every morning Emily meows for me to open the basement door. She then goes
down the stairs, tours the entire basement and comes up to report that the
basement is free of greeblings.

This morning Emily started downstairs as usual, but quickly reversed

herself
and stayed away from the door for the rest of the day.

Must have been one huge greebling...

LOL, poor Emily. Let's hope the greebling has left by tomorrow.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 25th 03, 06:29 PM
JB

"Brenda" wrote in message
Every morning Emily meows for me to open the basement door. She then goes
down the stairs, tours the entire basement and comes up to report that the
basement is free of greeblings.

This morning Emily started downstairs as usual, but quickly reversed herself
and stayed away from the door for the rest of the day.

Must have been one huge greebling...

Brenda

If it's still there tomorrow, perhaps we should teleport our furkids over to you. Together, they
could disaptch any invader :^))

Sheenah

Old September 25th 03, 08:41 PM
JHBennett

Groan........ Not the bain of all mankind, the Abominable Basement
Greebling? I shudder to think. Emily is certainly a brave cat to even
attempt confronting one without reinforcements close at hand.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 27th 03, 07:01 AM
Julie Cook

Brenda wrote:

Every morning Emily meows for me to open the basement door. She then goes
down the stairs, tours the entire basement and comes up to report that the
basement is free of greeblings.

This morning Emily started downstairs as usual, but quickly reversed herself
and stayed away from the door for the rest of the day.

Must have been one huge greebling...

Brenda

LOL! My grandmother's second husband used to keep the young kids off of the
dangerously steep, open stairwell going to the basement by telling us that a
tiger lived in the dark room in the back of the basement. Perhaps there was a
tiger down there that frightened Emily.

Julie