Sick of email Virus

Old September 25th 03, 06:21 PM
Adrian

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
SNIP
I have filters set up, and have added a bunch of new ones.
Unfortunately, I can't seem to block the messages; just delete them.
So I still have to download them. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I
have Netscape 4.72. There is a button relating to the server, but it
appears to be dead, so I may have something corrupt in my copy of
Netscape.

Back to the drawing board . . . .

Ginger-lyn

Have you tried Email Remover, it was written in 1988 so should work with
just about any version of windows. I don't remeber where I downloaded it but
it's only 459KB so it doesn't take long even with a dial-up connection.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old September 25th 03, 06:27 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

John Biltz wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that all you can do is download them and
delete. Because the address is wrong bouncing them just results in
sending them back out where the system can't deliver it and sends it back
to you again. This then clogs and fills up the in box. I had a couple
of hundred of them yesterday, the worst day by far I have had. Most of
them were undelivered return mail.

Earthlink's "Spaminator" can be set to weed out e-mails from anyone not
in your address book, and put them in a "Suspect E-mail" file. That way
you don't have to download them to your computer, but you still have to
keep deleting them from Web Mail, since they're still counted in your
10KB allowance until you do. (At 143KB every couple of minutes, it
doesn't take long before e-mails you want to receive start getting
bounced back to the sender because your mail box is full.) I wonder how
much longer this is going to go on? I know my computer is virus free,
and none have gotten into my In-Box since I reset Spaminator, so I'm not
getting them from any of my regular correspondents, but I'm still
getting several hundred a day.

Old September 26th 03, 10:17 PM
Adrian

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
[...]

Email Remover allows you to delete messages from the server without having
to download them, very handy when you only have a dial-up connection.

Old September 27th 03, 10:38 AM
CK

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
[...]

Another newsgroup (a Finnish catgroup) suggested a program called
Spamihilator. I haven't tried it myself, but thought I'd give you guys
the addy if you want to try it out:
http://www.spamihilator.com/index2.php?lang=en

Christine in Vantaa, Finland (Europe)
Email: christal63(at)yahoo(dot)com