Whew! I'm (almost) recovered.

Old September 27th 03, 07:17 AM
Julie Cook

badwilson wrote:

Aaaawww! Thank you! You and your other half are so sweet :-) Vino is our
adorable baby too, our substitute child. I've looked at pics of Gizmo too
and he's a sweetie!
Yeah, I'm 31 actually and my mom gave me some pretty odd lectures while she
was here. Got mad at me for letting Vino lick spaghetti sauce off my plate
after I was done. I said I was done and the plate was going to get washed,
but she said that now I couldn't eat off the plate anymore. I told her it
was my plate, in my house and if it bothered her she should mark that
particular plate and make sure that she herself doesn't use it again during
her visit. Humph! Imagine, not wanting to eat off a plate that Vino
licked!

We ordered pizza tonight and Hobbes as usual had to smell what we were eating to
see if he wanted any. He decided to lick the sauce off the top of my slice but
didn't want more than a few licks. I will admit I paused and considered where
his tongue might have been last, remembered he's to fluffy to clean his backside
and went ahead and ate the pizza that he had licked. Try that the next time your
mother comes to visit.

Julie

Old September 27th 03, 12:51 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear you are an optimist, Britta, since I see problems
everywhere in front of me. I still think you and Dennis were very brave to
take Vino on such a long trip all the way to Thailand - and it all worked
out well.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"badwilson" wrote in message
snipI'm always such an optimist, it drives even Dennis
crazy ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old September 27th 03, 02:02 PM
Christine Burel

LOL! Britta, I can only take my mom in small doses, too. It seemed to be
particularly worse when she would come visit me rather than the other way
around; she critiqued my house, my way of doing things, etc. till I was
ready to scream. I hope I don't do this to my kids when I'm older!
Christine
"badwilson" wrote in message
[...]

"Gizela" u wrote in

message
When I read your post I was trying to remember what Vino looked
like.....then I saw the piccies.....he is that gorgeous looking ginger
fellow!! Even my other half agreed that he is gorgeous and the only cat

he
likes is Gizmo (my adorable baby).

I know about the guilt thing. Mum lives 45 minutes away and even though

am
30 (boo hoo) she makes me feel like a 12 year old sometimes. I'm

*almost*
at
the stage now that I can ignore it/brush it off, most of the time

anyway.
don't think I could cope with her living with me though....for any

length
of
time!!!

Purrrs that you get back to "normal" (whatever that means to you) soon.

--
Purrs to all

Angela and Gizmo

"badwilson" wrote in message
Hi all,
Sorry I've been absent so much lately. My mom was here for a month
visiting. She spent a week here at the house with me and Dennis and

then
we
all went to Chiang Mai together. Dennis had to go back to work in

Burma
on
Sept. 7th, and after that my mom hung out at home with me for another

week
and then we went to Krabi for a week.
Now, seeing my mom again was really nice...for the first couple of

days.
Then things began to get more difficult. Dennis and I just find her

be
very negative and miserable and it began to get me down. I started

getting
splitting headaches, grinding my teeth at night and psoriasis :-(
Naturally, I was racked with guilt over these not-so-nice thoughts I

was
having about her. But what can I do? I just think that we have a

much
better relationship by email. I am relieved that she's gone home now.

For
the past week, since she left, I have been hibernating alone, trying

get
over this whole visit thing. I am starting to feel better. I've

caught
up
on all the posts from the group and am looking forward to

participating
more
from now on. Dennis will be in Burma until October 20th and I miss

him
dearly, but for now I'm still revelling in being able to be *alone*.
Hugs and purrs to everyone and their furry masters.

Old September 27th 03, 04:47 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Welcome back Britta! Give that handsome Vino a scritch for me. This thread
reminded me of that funny video in which a guy is reading the paper and
eating his breakfast cereal, while his cat grooms himself on the table right
next to the bowl. Every time the guy would start reading the paper, the cat
would dip his paw in the bowl to scoop up some milk... it was funny!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 27th 03, 05:24 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Jo Firey" had some very interesting things to
say about Whew! I'm (almost) recovered.:

I've raised two daughters and three grandsons. The process has involved shall we say
many indelicate situations.
It would be silly at this point to worry about fully sharing my house with my fur
babies wouldn't it?
Litter trained and self cleaning is a major improvement in my mind.

As adorable as barekittens are, you do have a point here :-) [and I've
changed a fair number of diapers for someone with no two-legged
children of her own :-)].

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has