UPDATE: Mediation

Old September 26th 03, 04:52 AM
Marina

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote
Well, we had the mediation yesterday, and the neighbor actually did
show up.

Well, at least that is over with. It does seem to have gone quite well, for
a first opening of communications. Many purrs that you can continue
communicating.

Ginger-lyn
who was watching the cutest thing a bit ago -- Brando was practically
sitting on top of Internet, and Internet was bathing him, complete
with a paw around Brando. They are just too adorable :-)

Aww! Now, why can't all people be more like that?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old September 26th 03, 04:57 AM
Yowie

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"JHBennett" had some very interesting things to say
about UPDATE: Mediation:

Do keep us posted. I still have contacts with the Air Force--you know,
bombs, missiles, and stuff. So, if you could come up with the exact
coordinates....

Can I turn you loose on some of my neighbors? The types who think
everyone for a block radius needs to hear their bass-heavy "music", or
who think moving furniture, practicing drums, etc. at 3am [these
specimens live right above me] is a reasonable thing to do?

Hey! I think your neighbours must be related to mine! While I have 2 great
neighbours, and the other 2 I never see or hear, the last set we share a
fence with are just like yours. Along with what you've described about, they
clearly thing its appropriate to tune their Harley at 7am on weekends, to
have loud drunken parties all weekend, every weekend, with the guests
parking up & down our very narrow stree - often blocking our driveway and
swearing at us each time they see us venture from our house. They have also
have a pitbull (not illegal in Australia) that seems to want Fluffy's blood.
They've killed our lawn with weed poison and have complained several times
about 'our' mouse problem - apprantly we are so badly infested that the mice
are coming over to their yard and makes their dog muck up his carefully
designed garden. We have not seen one mouse in our yard or our house (the
whole estate is built on slab) in the three years we've been there and
surely if there were *any* mice at all Shmogg, master mouser, would have
snagged a few by now. The worst bit about them, though, is hearing their
arguments. He beats the crap out of the woman - I assume his partner- living
there.

I strongly suspect that they are what we know as "westies" from Sydney (drop
kicks, red-necks, Jerry Springer candidates, call 'em what you want) who
have suddenly come into money and discovered they can buy a whole house down
here rather than rent in Sydney. (not saying ours is a rich neighbourhood,
it certainly isn't, but most people struggle with their mortgage for the
first few years of home ownership - these guys moved in and within a month
or two they had entirely renovated the place and, put in an extension and
landscaped the garden. They obviously *have* money, but their behaviour
strongly suggests that they didn't grow up with it). They entirely do not
fit into the neighbourhood, and *nobody* in the street likes them! As it is,
we've got to fence up part of our back yard so that the pitbull can't
terrify Fluffy through the shared fence - and all they said about their dog
was "yeah, he'll kill your dog easily". I really really hope they move.
Soon.

Sorry, pass the cheese.

Yowie

Old September 26th 03, 07:42 AM
JHBennett

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"JHBennett" had some very interesting things to say
about UPDATE: Mediation:

Do keep us posted. I still have contacts with the Air Force--you know,
bombs, missiles, and stuff. So, if you could come up with the exact
coordinates....

Can I turn you loose on some of my neighbors? The types who think
everyone for a block radius needs to hear their bass-heavy "music", or
who think moving furniture, practicing drums, etc. at 3am [these
specimens live right above me] is a reasonable thing to do?

--
Seanette Blaylock

Seanette, I'd dearly love to assist you in any way I can. However, and
trust me on this, bombs and missiles are really a bad idea for taking out
targets immediately overhead.
My axiom was: always rent the highest unit in the building. Better
plan, own the building. Best solution: be the only resident. We, as you
may know, are going through a considerable upheaval to get away from a
neighbor from hell. So, you do have my sympathy. If I had a simpler
solution, for sure I'd tell you what it was and use it myself.
For whatever vicarious satisfaction you might gain from the knowledge,
my lawyer confirmed that I can compell him to remove his fence from our
property and shall so advise him this coming winter, when the ground is
frozen. We're talking major bucks and hassle here ;-) Hope my counting
coup on this end helps.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 26th 03, 07:48 AM
JHBennett

And we thought we had it bad. You've got good metal, Yowie. Hopefully
things will take a turn for the better...soon.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 26th 03, 06:03 PM
Jo Firey

I don't care for where my mind went after reading your post. Do you think it is
possible that they are dealing drugs? Would certainly explain their attitude about
money. They aren't going anywhere till they have to, so it may be time for the
neighbors to get together to discuss the problem and find out from the authorities
what might be done about it. The expressions, consider them armed and dangerous, and
do not approach yourselves come to mind.

Jo
--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran

Old September 26th 03, 08:45 PM
Adrian

Ginger-lyn Summer wrote:
Well, we had the mediation yesterday, and the neighbor actually did
show up. It was pretty awful for the first hour and a half. She
screamed and called me a liar over and over again :-( I was calm and
clear throughout. Finally, she was done screaming, and left an
opening for me to ask her a question. And we began talking. And
actually came to an agreement.

Even though it isn't in the "official" agreement we signed, she also
agreed that she will not complain about me putting out food for the
stray cats as long as I take it up at night, which also is what seems
to be legal so far as I can tell from a reading of the city law. So I
get the feed the strays again -- yeah!

I can't say I'm happy. I don't think I got through to her at all
about taking better care of her animals. And I had to be composed and
not scream and yell back, much as I wanted to. But a fragile peace
has been restored to the neighborhood, and that is worth a lot.

Thanks to everyone for their support and suggestions.

Ginger-lyn
who was watching the cutest thing a bit ago -- Brando was practically
sitting on top of Internet, and Internet was bathing him, complete
with a paw around Brando. They are just too adorable :-)

I'm glad things worked out as well as they did. I know I would not have been
able to stay calm in your place.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old September 27th 03, 01:41 AM
JHBennett

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
I don't care for where my mind went after reading your post. Do you think

it is
possible that they are dealing drugs? Would certainly explain their

attitude about
money. They aren't going anywhere till they have to, so it may be time

for the
neighbors to get together to discuss the problem and find out from the

authorities
what might be done about it. The expressions, consider them armed and

dangerous, and
do not approach yourselves come to mind.

Jo

You know, Jo, you've started me thinking. Some boxes of OTC cold products,
containing ephedrine, over the fence. An anonymous call to the authorites
about a clandestine meth lab...... Sounds like neighborhood improvement to
me. Ah, be sure to wear gloves at all times, and put celophane over the
mouthpiece.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 27th 03, 06:35 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

Just wanted to thank all of you for your wonderful support and warm
words. You folks here are truly wonderful people, and I am lucky to
be a part of such a wonderful group :-)

Ginger-lyn
and thank you, Jack, for the laugh!