Luna strikes again

Old February 21st 04, 01:36 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Luna strikes again

So it's Friday afternoon and I'm sitting watching TV. I start hearing
agitated meows that seem to be coming from outside. I figure it's the
grey and white kitty that does that sometimes. However, the sound keeps
moving from the front to the side and it's very clear. Suddenly it hits
me, that's Luna's meow!!! I count heads and indeed Luna is missing. I
look everywhere and I start to panic a little bit.
I then remember the AC closet was open a while ago, I chased Fez out of
it and looked in but didn't see anybody else. It seems Luna climbed to
the top of the AC unit and somehow got into the attic space between the
ceiling and the roof. I go outside and start calling her. The eves in
the front and sides of the house have vents that connect to the attic
space, to help with cooling in the summer I'm told. These vents are
screened with wire mesh to prevent bugs or critters from moving in (we
used to have a racoon family living there). Suddenly Luna's face is
looking at me through the mesh and her meowing gets very loud and
scared/relieved. I jump and pull the screen off a section of the eve and
I'm able to see her face. However, she's near a corner so she doesn't
fit through the exposed hole and there's a wooden beam blocking her way.
So I go get a chair, I climb up and tear off a bit of the material
(asbestos, btw) used on the outside "ceiling". I reach in and grab Luna,
who proceeds to claw me until she figures out I'm trying to help. :-S
Down we came and I took her back inside.
She gave me a big scare! Did I mention I called Tom when I realized she
was missing and he ran out of work in a panic? Well, he did, so I called
him as soon as we were safe to let him know and to prevent a high-speed
drive home.
She's such a trouble maker! But she was extra sweet all afternoon,
seemed grateful for the rescue...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 21st 04, 03:45 PM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote
So it's Friday afternoon and I'm sitting watching TV. I start hearing
agitated meows that seem to be coming from outside. I figure it's the
grey and white kitty that does that sometimes. However, the sound keeps
moving from the front to the side and it's very clear. Suddenly it hits
me, that's Luna's meow!!!

Purrs for both you and Luna to calm down. What a scary experience!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 21st 04, 05:47 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
So it's Friday afternoon and I'm sitting watching TV. I start hearing
agitated meows that seem to be coming from outside. I figure it's the
grey and white kitty that does that sometimes. However, the sound
keeps moving from the front to the side and it's very clear. Suddenly
it hits me, that's Luna's meow!!! I count heads and indeed Luna is
missing. I look everywhere and I start to panic a little bit.
I then remember the AC closet was open a while ago, I chased Fez out
of it and looked in but didn't see anybody else. It seems Luna
climbed to the top of the AC unit and somehow got into the attic

(snip)
She's such a trouble maker! But she was extra sweet all afternoon,
seemed grateful for the rescue...

Glad you figured out where she was! Whew!

Jill

Old February 21st 04, 06:23 PM
lrulan

Victor, do you have gray hair yet from all the kitty antics? And Tom too?
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old February 21st 04, 07:47 PM
Victor Martinez

lrulan wrote:
Victor, do you have gray hair yet from all the kitty antics? And Tom too?

Now that you mention it.... I am starting to see a few gray hairs here
and there!!! It's the darn cats!!!
Tom's had a grey head since before we met, so he can't blame the cats...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 21st 04, 08:56 PM
Jo Firey

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Fez. I predict he will cause a lot of
problems that the other cats might be too dignified to instigate themselves.

Jo

Old February 21st 04, 09:59 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Victor Martinez at
wrote on 2/21/04 7:36 AM:

[...]

Are you sure she's not Burmese? Her adventures sound increasingly like
Bonnie and Clydes!

Karen

Old February 21st 04, 10:36 PM
polonca12000

Purrs for Luna and calming hugs for her worried paws,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
So it's Friday afternoon and I'm sitting watching TV. I start hearing
agitated meows that seem to be coming from outside. snip

Old February 22nd 04, 03:27 AM
badwilson

I'm glad you found her and all was well. Scary about having asbestos in
your house though!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at: