Good morning Buster

Old January 5th 05, 01:39 PM
jmcquown

Default Good morning Buster

Mark Edwards wrote:
When I got up this morning, I saw Buster's shadow on the AC unit
outside.

So I opened the door, expecting Buster to jump down and come inside.
I said "Good morning, Buster!", as I looked down into the pretty,
fuzzy grey face of... an adolescent possum.

I wittily said "Oh. You're not Buster."

It stared at me, emitted an amiable-sounding grunt, then waddled
away.

Aren't they cute?! I was walking my dog once and spotted a very young
oppossum in the hedges by the back wall. I took Sampson inside and then
went out and sat down next to the hedge. It meandered out from under the
hedge with just a glance at me and waddled slowly over to the pine tree and
climbed up.

I did pick up Buster, hugged and cuddled him, then brought him into
the kitchen, where he helped me prepare breakfast. He then sat in my
lap and napped while I ate, and
read the news online.

All in all, a nice beginning to the day.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Sounds like a lovely way to start things off. Persia would "help" with
breakfast by combing my hair with her teeth and giving me serious head butts
until I gave her some of the eggs, bacon or sausage.

Jill

Old January 5th 05, 02:06 PM
Katz

I have at least 1 big fat possum that hangs around. I think he probably
drinks from the water dish I keep on the deck in non-freezing weather.
Every once in a while, I open the door & startle us both. He's cute.
But I've never seen a possum "play possum." Have you?

Katz

Old January 5th 05, 06:09 PM
Tanada

Mark Edwards wrote:

When I got up this morning, I saw Buster's shadow on the AC unit
outside.

So I opened the door, expecting Buster to jump down and come inside.
I said "Good morning, Buster!", as I looked down into the pretty,
fuzzy grey face of... an adolescent possum.

I wittily said "Oh. You're not Buster."

Here's your sign...

Pam S. giggling as she says these types of things too

Old January 5th 05, 07:08 PM
O J

Theresa wrote:

Interesting you say it was "pretty." Most people seem to say they're
hideous!! I like them a lot, though.

I wouldn't call them hideous, but with that elongated white face, they
can sometimes give you the creeps. They do have one good habit
though, if they're going through your garbage because you forgot to
put the lid on, they will not make a mess. A raccoon will scatter
things everywhere to find what they want, but a possum will make a
neat hole in your garbage bag, crawl in and eat what they want.

The cutest little one scared the socks of DH one night as she went to
close one of our garbage cans. She saw a little movement as she was
about to place the lid. It was a tiny possum neatly searching through
the garbage.

If you see one that looks deformed, with bumps all over its body, take
a closer look. It's a mother with her babies hitching a ride. They
all just find a spot in her fur and grab on.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 5th 05, 08:18 PM
Katz

O J wrote:

If you see one that looks deformed, with bumps all over its body,

take
a closer look. It's a mother with her babies hitching a ride. They
all just find a spot in her fur and grab on.

I've only seen photos of that. I'd love to see it. I've never even seen
one that looks less than full grown.

Katz

Old January 5th 05, 09:31 PM
polonca12000

ROFLOL! Thanks.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
When I got up this morning, I saw Buster's shadow on the AC unit
outside.

So I opened the door, expecting Buster to jump down and come inside.
I said "Good morning, Buster!", as I looked down into the pretty,
fuzzy grey face of... an adolescent possum.

I wittily said "Oh. You're not Buster."

snip

Old January 5th 05, 10:49 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-05, Mark Edwards penned:
When I got up this morning, I saw Buster's shadow on the AC unit outside.

So I opened the door, expecting Buster to jump down and come inside. I said
"Good morning, Buster!", as I looked down into the pretty, fuzzy grey face
of... an adolescent possum.

I wittily said "Oh. You're not Buster."

It stared at me, emitted an amiable-sounding grunt, then waddled away.

It's a good thing you didn't reach out to him! My dad once thought my dog was
barking at his rawhide bone, stuck in the fence ... except it turned out to be
a possum, and as my dad describes it, when you get very close they're *all*
teeth. I think he's still bitter about the rabies shots.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch

GOOD NEWS:UPDATE #8 Mimi not feeling well. Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 4 December 21st 04 06:30 PM
A Morning With Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 26 July 10th 04 12:43 AM
Fetching Buster Karen Cat anecdotes 6 November 29th 03 03:15 AM
Perfect Sunday Morning (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 September 29th 03 04:53 AM
Good news here, too! (longish as usual) Karen Cat anecdotes 5 September 21st 03 09:41 PM