HISSSSS on this weather!!!

Old January 19th 05, 11:59 PM
Gabey8

Default HISSSSS on this weather!!!

Drat this hisspitgrowl snowstorm!

I was supposed to pick up my new adopted kitties tonight, as the shelter
is open until 7 PM on Wednesdays. I was all happy at the very thought of
it. They passed their blood tests (yay!), had their vaccinations, were
neutered, and were ready to come home.

And then this dumb SNOWSTORM turned the roads treacherous. The shelter
called me to say that they were closing early. I couldn't get home from
work in time, since the roads between my job and home were just as messed
up and the traffic was at a crawl.

So now, because the shelter is closed on Thursdays, I have to wait until
Friday to bring the boys home. ARGH. And after I spent all day
anticipating being a meowmy again, too. Drat.

Please send purrs and purr-ayers that the weather cooperates on Friday, so
I can pick up the cats after work THEN, instead.

And also that I survive the next two days without going crazy.

Donna, impatiently waiting

Old January 20th 05, 12:04 AM
jmcquown

Gabey8 wrote:
Drat this hisspitgrowl snowstorm!

I was supposed to pick up my new adopted kitties tonight, as the
shelter is open until 7 PM on Wednesdays. I was all happy at the very
thought of it. They passed their blood tests (yay!), had their
vaccinations, were neutered, and were ready to come home.

YAY for that!

And then this dumb SNOWSTORM turned the roads treacherous. The shelter
called me to say that they were closing early. I couldn't get home
from work in time, since the roads between my job and home were just
as messed up and the traffic was at a crawl.

Oh man, that's no fun.

So now, because the shelter is closed on Thursdays, I have to wait
until Friday to bring the boys home. ARGH. And after I spent all day
anticipating being a meowmy again, too. Drat.

Please send purrs and purr-ayers that the weather cooperates on
Friday, so I can pick up the cats after work THEN, instead.

And also that I survive the next two days without going crazy.

Donna, impatiently waiting

Awwww Purrs for you to get your two new kitties ASAP and safely.

Jill

Old January 20th 05, 12:12 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-19, Gabey8 penned:
[...]

Oof! I can just imagine how frustrating that would be. Just try to keep
yourself busy so that you won't think about 'em. (Okay, that never works for
me, but it must work for *someone*, right?)

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 20th 05, 12:44 AM
---MIKE---

I'm not getting any snow (yet) but the HIGH temperature on Tuesday was
-7 F. Later that night it went down to -16 F. This was with fairly
strong winds! Best to stay home with the cats.

---MIKE---

Old January 20th 05, 12:47 AM
Shiral

Gabey8 formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com wrote:
Drat this hisspitgrowl snowstorm!

I was supposed to pick up my new adopted kitties tonight, as the

shelter
is open until 7 PM on Wednesdays. I was all happy at the very thought

of
it. They passed their blood tests (yay!), had their vaccinations,

were
neutered, and were ready to come home.

And then this dumb SNOWSTORM turned the roads treacherous. The

shelter
called me to say that they were closing early. I couldn't get home

from
work in time, since the roads between my job and home were just as

messed
up and the traffic was at a crawl.

SNIP
Donna, impatiently waiting

Sympathetic yowls for your frustration!! Why is it that it never snows
if we're supposed to go to the Dentist, but it does snow when it keeps
us from bringing our adorable new cat-children home?

Purrs for more favorable weather on Friday, since breaking into the
animal shelter tomorrow for a rescue mission is probably infeasible.
=o)

Melissa

Old January 20th 05, 02:19 AM

How frustrating! I hope the boys will be home with you very quickly.
What are their names?

-Enid

Old January 20th 05, 04:41 AM
Marina

Gabey8 wrote:

Please send purrs and purr-ayers that the weather cooperates on Friday, so
I can pick up the cats after work THEN, instead.

And also that I survive the next two days without going crazy.

Argh, how frustrating! We'll be purring for Friday.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 20th 05, 07:41 AM
Krista

Gabey8 formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com wrote:

(snipped)

Please send purrs and purr-ayers that the weather cooperates on

Friday, so
I can pick up the cats after work THEN, instead.

And also that I survive the next two days without going crazy.

Donna, impatiently waiting

We're sending heatpurrs to melt all that pesky snow, and timewarp purrs
to make Friday hurry up and get here already. I can't wait to read
about your new little darlings!
------
Krista

Old January 20th 05, 10:07 AM