Spanish to english translation request (sub-subject ping:Victor)

Old September 20th 03, 05:35 AM
rrb_091903

Default Spanish to english translation request (sub-subject ping:Victor)

Could anyone translate this from spanish to English for me:

" - Los siguientes destinatarios fueron cursados por el servidor de
correo: ; Fallido; 5.2.2 (casilla llena)"

I tried altavista/translations but somehow I think it wasn't translated
right:

"The following adressees were attended by the mail servant:
; Insolvent; 5.2.2 (full square)"

If anyone could I would appreciate it.

Old September 20th 03, 02:31 PM
Victor M. Martinez

David Yehudah wrote:
The following recipients were denied delivery by their mail servers:
; failed; 5.2.2 (mailbox full)

" - Los siguientes destinatarios fueron cursados por el servidor de
correo: ; Fallido; 5.2.2 (casilla llena)"

I agree with Dave's translation, but I have no idea who invented the word
"cursados"... there is no such word in the spanish language!!!

Computer-lingo terms can vary wildly from country to country and sometimes
they are very confusing...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 20th 03, 02:59 PM
Hopitus2

The alta vista translation sounds like one of those jokes about Japanese
translations. Good to know we hoomins are still superior in some small
way.......

:
: " - Los siguientes destinatarios fueron cursados por el servidor de
: correo: ; Fallido; 5.2.2 (casilla llena)"
:
: I agree with Dave's translation, but I have no idea who invented the word
: "cursados"... there is no such word in the spanish language!!!
:
: Computer-lingo terms can vary wildly from country to country and sometimes
: they are very confusing...
:
: --
: Victor M. Martinez
:

:

Old September 20th 03, 06:19 PM
Marina

"jmcquown" wrote

Babblefish translates this as:

Anyone try Babblefish? It says:

- The following recipients were studied for the servant of mail:
; Failed; 5.2.2 (full
booth)"

Hehe. A translator on a translators' newsgroup that I read now and then said
that he wrote the German name of some complicated piece of railway equipment
into Babelfish just for fun. Babelfish stated, soberly and authoritatively,
"the word you are looking for in English is vanvan vanvanvan"

--
Marina

Old September 20th 03, 07:50 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

David Yehudah wrote:
The following recipients were denied delivery by their mail servers:
; failed; 5.2.2 (mailbox full)

" - Los siguientes destinatarios fueron cursados por el servidor de
correo: ; Fallido; 5.2.2 (casilla llena)"

I agree with Dave's translation, but I have no idea who invented the word
"cursados"... there is no such word in the spanish language!!!

Computer-lingo terms can vary wildly from country to country and sometimes
they are very confusing...

Considering the nature of this piece of self-propagating spam, I'd go
with my initial reaction and say "cursed"! (At least the message is
eminently cursable!)

Old September 26th 03, 12:24 PM
Cathi

In message , Marina
writes
Hehe. A translator on a translators' newsgroup that I read now and then said
that he wrote the German name of some complicated piece of railway equipment
into Babelfish just for fun. Babelfish stated, soberly and authoritatively,
"the word you are looking for in English is vanvan vanvanvan"

One of the talkboards I frequent has a long running "Name That Tune"
thread - identify a song from a snippet of its lyrics. Someone started
a variant "Name That Bablefished Tune" - take lyrics, translate from
their original language (usually English) into another (or several),
ending up at the original language, and post to the thread for
identification. Some results were quite bizarre to say the least.
--
Cathi
Old September 26th 03, 11:00 PM
David Yehudah

Mark Twain saw a translation of his "Jumping Frog" story in French. When
he translated it literally back into English, it was close to gibberish.
But it was funny.

Cathi wrote:
In message , Marina
writes