UPDATE... HELP!! Sitter needed for my two fur babies!

Old September 24th 03, 08:12 AM
L. Kelly

"OU812?" wrote in message

| DAMN!! I hate when people say this, but i know what you're going through.
| My man and i had alot of troubles that way too. He never was physically
| violent, but called me down to the lowest all the time. At that time, i
| think i would have preferred he hit me and then just shut up!! I was lucky
| enough though that when i went to the shelter, he actually stayed in our
| home and took care of the cats... ( we've since worked things out and get
| along alot better. He works away and only visits on weekends, so now we
| appreciate our time together rather than being stuck in each other's faces
| all the time)
|
| God i wish you lived down my way in NB, i would take you in in an instant!!
| my kitties wouldn't be pleased, but i'm sure they'd adapt. I sure hope you
| find a solution soon, noone should have to live with that kind of crap!
|
| Kristy
| --
| "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Hi Kristy,

Thank you so much for your support through this. It sure helps me to keep strong when I
hear others encouraging me. I would like to leave the boys with my man, but he has
talking about us moving back to the island. I want to get out of here before that move
takes place. If I leave and he moves in my absence I will never see them again. They are
what is holding me here right now.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old September 24th 03, 08:14 AM
L. Kelly

"Brenda" wrote in message

| I wish I lived close enough to help. My guys will keep purring for you, and
| I'll keep you in my thoughts.
| hugs,
| Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your kindness. You may not be able to help physically, but your words sure
and the purrs from your purr kids sure help to keep me strong.

Old September 24th 03, 08:16 AM
L. Kelly

"Cheryl" wrote in message
| In .ca,
| L. Kelly composed with style:
|
| So, I guess what I'm saying now is that I too am looking for a
| room. If anyone in Alberta has a room for my boys and I, for a
| short period of time, it would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Lynn, I hope that your situation works out but I feel you have to be
| aggressive about it. And fast. Please! Please find some local
| groups that can send your message out and some offline type
| organizations. Best wishes to you; you are living in real life hell.

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am being as aggressive as I possibly can be
right now. My boyfriend has been talking about moving us back to the island and I don't
want to go. I'm trying to get out of here before that happens. My fear is that if I move
out and he moves to the island in my absence I will lose my boys. I have to get them out
of here before, or at the same time that I go.

And you're right....this is hell that I'm living in.... :-(

Old September 24th 03, 02:39 PM
fuga =^o^=

"L. Kelly" wrote in message
.ca...
Thank you so much Fuga!! I will call them tomorrow and see what, if

anything, they can do
for me. Now I just have to find something for my boys. I won't leave here

until I know
that they are also taken care of.

--
Hugs,
Lynn

We are thinking of you.

Hugs,

Fuga.

Old September 24th 03, 05:34 PM
L. Kelly

"Dan and Nancy Mahoney" wrote in message

| Lynn, for what it's worth, if you were closer to Southern CA my wife and
| I would make room for you and your kitties.
|
| I *can* appreciate your position - men don't have a monopoly on
| emotional abuse. That's why I left my ex-wife and took my kitty with me.
| She wasn't abusive to the cats, just to me, but I still couldn't see
| leaving Cleopatra with her.
|
| About all I can suggest right now is to hang in there, keep looking, and
| remember that you have a lot of people thinking about you, praying and
| purring for you, and hoping for the absolute best for you and your kitties.
|
| Dan

Hi Dan and Nancy,

Thanks ever so much for your very kind words. I know that men don't corner the market on
abuse, but they sure seem to hold the lion's share. I have seen some extremely abusive
women too.

Regarding my boys, the same goes here with my boyfriend. Although he is not abusive to
the cats, he has been talking about moving us back to the island. If I leave now, without
my boys, he will take them with him and I will never see them again. They are what is
holding me here right now.

I am hanging in and doing my best to stay strong, and the loving words of encouragement I
am finding here in the newsgroups sure helps a lot in that direction. Before posting a
week ago, I was just about at the end of my rope. The support I am receiving here has
given me new hope. For that much I am thankful to all who have responded.

Thanks again for your thoughts, purrs and prayers. All are welcomed with an open heart.

Old September 24th 03, 06:59 PM
Brenda

"L. Kelly" wrote in message
.ca...

"Brenda" wrote in message

| I wish I lived close enough to help. My guys will keep purring for you,

and
| I'll keep you in my thoughts.
| hugs,
| Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for your kindness. You may not be able to help physically, but

your words sure
and the purrs from your purr kids sure help to keep me strong.
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

I'm here if you need to vent. My (thankfully) ex-husband was emotionally
abusive, so I do have an idea of what you must be going through.

hugs and purrs,
Brenda
remove the obvious from my email to reply

Old September 25th 03, 10:18 AM
Adrian

L. Kelly wrote:
Hi all...

It seems now that I need help as much as my kitty boys do. I have
called all of the local shelters in Alberta and no one can or will
help me. It appears that there are many, many men who are beating up
on their wives, and the shelters are all full. How sad... :-(

{{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}} I wish I could help, all I can do living in England is
send purrs and good wishes.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old September 25th 03, 01:32 PM
Christine Burel

"Adrian" wrote in message
L. Kelly wrote:
Hi all...

It seems now that I need help as much as my kitty boys do. I have
called all of the local shelters in Alberta and no one can or will
help me. It appears that there are many, many men who are beating up
on their wives, and the shelters are all full. How sad... :-(

{{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}} I wish I could help, all I can do living in England is
send purrs and good wishes.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Lynn, thinking of you in our nightly purrayers --hoping you can find the
fosterer you need asap for your kitties, so you can concentrate on taking
care of your needs.
Christine

Old September 25th 03, 02:35 PM
L. Kelly

"Adrian" wrote in message
| L. Kelly wrote:
| Hi all...
|
| It seems now that I need help as much as my kitty boys do. I have
| called all of the local shelters in Alberta and no one can or will
| help me. It appears that there are many, many men who are beating up
| on their wives, and the shelters are all full. How sad... :-(
|
| {{{{{{{Lynn}}}}}}} I wish I could help, all I can do living in England is
| send purrs and good wishes.
| --
| Adrian
| A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Hi Adrian,

Although you can't physically help me, the purrs and good wishes sure go a long way
toward keeping my strength up during all of this. Just doing that much for me is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you!

Old September 27th 03, 06:40 PM
L. Kelly

"Julie Cook" wrote in message ...
| L. Kelly wrote:
| Hi all...
|
| It seems now that I need help as much as my kitty boys do. I have
| called all of the local shelters in Alberta and no one can or will
| help me. It appears that there are many, many men who are beating up
| on their wives, and the shelters are all full. How sad... :-(
|

| Lynn,
| I am sending you my most sincere prayers that you find a way out of your
| situation very soon. I know how bad emotional abuse can be and the kitties
| and I are thinking of you and sending gentle headbutts and hugs. Please take
| care of yourself and keep us informed of your situation.
|
| Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Hi Julie,

thank you so much for your prayers, headbutts and hugs. They sure are appreciated. I
haven't found a solution yet, but will update again as soon as something does arise.