OT German newsserver

Old February 17th 04, 03:04 PM
Marina

Default OT German newsserver

The German newsserver that I know many of you use has suddenly decided not
to work for me any longer. Has anyone else had a problem? When I write in my
password, the dialogue just reappears (with the x:es in the space for the
password). No matter how many times I try to write in my password, the same
thing happens over and over. Any ideas?

Now I have to use my ISP for newsgroups. Blah.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 17th 04, 04:14 PM
Ted Davis

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:04:05 GMT, "Marina"
wrote:

The German newsserver that I know many of you use has suddenly decided not
to work for me any longer. Has anyone else had a problem? When I write in my
password, the dialogue just reappears (with the x:es in the space for the
password). No matter how many times I try to write in my password, the same
thing happens over and over. Any ideas?

Now I have to use my ISP for newsgroups. Blah.

The message I got said to change the server to
news.individual.net or news.individual.de (I'm not sure about the
latter, but that's probably the one you want).

Configuration information is at
http://news.individual.net/index.html.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)
Old February 17th 04, 05:46 PM
CK

Marina wrote:
The German newsserver that I know many of you use has suddenly decided not
to work for me any longer. Has anyone else had a problem? When I write in my
password, the dialogue just reappears (with the x:es in the space for the
password). No matter how many times I try to write in my password, the same
thing happens over and over. Any ideas?

Now I have to use my ISP for newsgroups. Blah.

I don't use that server myself, but do remember someone talking about a
name change a while back. Are you sure you use the new one?
This is the link I have: http://www.individual.net/

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old February 17th 04, 08:46 PM
Yowie

"CK" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
The German newsserver that I know many of you use has suddenly decided

not
to work for me any longer. Has anyone else had a problem? When I write

in my
password, the dialogue just reappears (with the x:es in the space for

the
password). No matter how many times I try to write in my password, the

same
thing happens over and over. Any ideas?

Now I have to use my ISP for newsgroups. Blah.

I don't use that server myself, but do remember someone talking about a
name change a while back. Are you sure you use the new one?
This is the link I have: http://www.individual.net/

I'm using Outlook Express.
I went into "tools", "accounts". found the news.cis.dfn.de account, and
edited the server to read news.individual.net. Once I hit "apply" I could
once again download my precious NGs without having tp re-set anything nor
having to download everything once again.

HTH

Yowie

Old February 17th 04, 10:06 PM
lewe

Marina skrev i
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:F3qYb.203$Zz.89@read3 .inet.fi...
| The German newsserver that I know many of you use has suddenly decided not
| to work for me any longer. Has anyone else had a problem? When I write in
my
| password, the dialogue just reappears (with the x:es in the space for the
| password). No matter how many times I try to write in my password, the
same
| thing happens over and over. Any ideas?
|
| Now I have to use my ISP for newsgroups. Blah.

they did put out info last year I believe about the change but the old
account kept working til this Monday, you need to chenge the account name, I
chose the news.individual.net
link to the config page
http://news.individual.net/config.html

you need to click the box for requested log on and enter your username and
password

Best
Lena

Old February 17th 04, 10:14 PM
polonca12000

Thanks for the advice - I did not get any message from them, I just kept
getting a dialogue box just like Marina did.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old February 18th 04, 03:23 AM
Marina

Thanks everyone for your input. I never got any info from them, or maybe
I've deleted it as spam by mistake. My ISP newsserver showed *zero* messages
today. So glad I don't have to rely on that any more for my daily fix of cat
talk. Thanks again everyone, purrs and hugs all around. The German is
working again. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old February 18th 04, 03:52 AM
badwilson

Hmmm, weird. I've recently switched from Newscene to the German server
because Newscene wasn't working for me anymore. But the German server has
been working great. I don't know what to recommend, but am purring for a
quick resolution. NG withdrawals are not a good thing ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old February 18th 04, 04:53 PM
Ted Davis

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:14:23 +0100, "polonca12000"
wrote:

Thanks for the advice - I did not get any message from them, I just kept
getting a dialogue box just like Marina did.

I got a Windows dialog box, but Agent is able to present the error
message the server sent - I suspect that programs that have news as a
secondary feature might not support the entire news protocol as
dedicated news clients are expected to.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)
Old February 18th 04, 05:01 PM
Ted Davis

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:52:46 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

Hmmm, weird. I've recently switched from Newscene to the German server
because Newscene wasn't working for me anymore. But the German server has
been working great. I don't know what to recommend, but am purring for a
quick resolution. NG withdrawals are not a good thing ;-)

Not weird - makes perfect sense: only long time users would be
affected - those who were using the old server name; users who joined
after the reorganization would never have used the old server name and
so would not have to change it when the old one was discontinued.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)