A Well-Run House

Old March 13th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default A Well-Run House

By the cats, that is, certainly not by me. I awoke this morning and
found four (4) used drinking straws in bed with me.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 13th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL! Reminds me of why I don't have house plants any more. I used to keep
several nice ones along my kitchen counter. Not long after adopting my
first cat here, I woke up one morning and felt something wet on the bed. It
was a piece of one of the plants! I got up to see how bad the damage was,
and there was a trail of plant pieces all the way down the stairs, across
the living room, and to the kitchen counter!

Not long after that I confined all house plants to the bathroom. A while
after that I put some more in the kitchen (on the window sill this time),
but they were all cactus. For some reason, the cats left those alone!

Sandy

Old March 13th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL! Oh lord, I know that feeling! Nina adores drinking
straws--they're her favorite toys.

And now that I finally have a comfy chair to sit in for TV watching,
the cats have also adoped it. It's really quite companionable to be sat
up on by three cats while watching TV. Just don't have any illusions
you'll be allowed to get up to take a bathroom break!

Melissa

Old March 13th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sandy wrote:
LOL! Reminds me of why I don't have house plants any more. I used
to keep several nice ones along my kitchen counter. Not long after
adopting my first cat here, I woke up one morning and felt something
wet on the bed. It was a piece of one of the plants! I got up to
see how bad the damage was, and there was a trail of plant pieces all
the way down the stairs, across the living room, and to the kitchen
counter!
Not long after that I confined all house plants to the bathroom. A
while after that I put some more in the kitchen (on the window sill
this time), but they were all cactus. For some reason, the cats left
those alone!

Cacti are not necessarily cat-deterrents. Ages ago, when Tennessee was a
young, slim, sleek kitty, we had one. This one was completely covered with
1" spines. It was about the size of a football (American football), and I
looked over and saw Tennessee trying to bite it. It went something like
this:
Open mouth, lean forward... ouch!
Tilt head to a new angle, open mouth, lean forward.... ouch.
Repeat.
Repeat again.

This went on for over 5 minutes, until he heard me giggling, looked over and
saw me watching him, then did the typical "I wasn't doing that" cattitude
sulk away.

Old March 13th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Sandy wrote:
LOL! Reminds me of why I don't have house plants any more. I used to keep
several nice ones along my kitchen counter. Not long after adopting my
first cat here, I woke up one morning and felt something wet on the bed. It
was a piece of one of the plants! I got up to see how bad the damage was,
and there was a trail of plant pieces all the way down the stairs, across
the living room, and to the kitchen counter!

Not long after that I confined all house plants to the bathroom. A while
after that I put some more in the kitchen (on the window sill this time),
but they were all cactus. For some reason, the cats left those alone!

Frank used to chew on a cactus I had. It had pretty short, but very hard
spines. Maybe he was using them as toothpicks or something. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 13th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

By the cats, that is, certainly not by me. I awoke this morning and
found four (4) used drinking straws in bed with me.

LOL! That's so obviously the correct place to dispose of them, isn't it?

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 14th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon 13 Mar 2006 09:57:08a, Magic Mood Jeep© wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Cacti are not necessarily cat-deterrents. Ages ago, when
Tennessee was a young, slim, sleek kitty, we had one. This one
was completely covered with 1" spines. It was about the size of
a football (American football), and I looked over and saw
Tennessee trying to bite it. It went something like this:
Open mouth, lean forward... ouch!
Tilt head to a new angle, open mouth, lean forward.... ouch.
Repeat.
Repeat again.

Bet he didn't have any crumbs between his teeth!

--
Cheryl
Old March 14th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon 13 Mar 2006 11:04:02a, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Frank used to chew on a cactus I had. It had pretty short, but
very hard spines. Maybe he was using them as toothpicks or
something. ;o)

LOL! You beat me to the toothpick thingie. hehehe

--
Cheryl
Old March 15th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

By the cats, that is, certainly not by me. I awoke this morning and
found four (4) used drinking straws in bed with me.

You mean that's not where you're supposed to keep them?

Qui Gun Kit

Old March 15th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 04:31:34 GMT, "Pamela Shirk"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

By the cats, that is, certainly not by me. I awoke this morning and
found four (4) used drinking straws in bed with me.

You mean that's not where you're supposed to keep them?

Qui Gun Kit

LOL!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War