And now we are 3

Old December 12th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Default And now we are 3

Paul,
You are doing the right thing. Believe me, we have all been where you are
right now. I had to make that fateful decision 2 years ago with my cat who
I loved more than anything. I could have done tests and other things to
prolong his life but in the end, I don't think it would have helped. At the
time, I felt like you....questioning whether I made the right decision.
Over time, I have come to realize that I did. My heart goes out to you.
You are doing the right thing.

Sue

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
Thank you everyone. I made the appointment and she will pass in a couple
of
hours. She is worse off today. She is making odd motions with her
tongue,
she is breathing loudly and she will not so much as even look at me. She
Just wants to be left completely alone. So there can be no doubt it's
time.

I'm torn up about this but I know she's been through enough. Thank you
all
for your support. I feel stronger now.

Paul

Old December 12th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh>\o\

On Dec 11, 8:17 pm, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:
Thank you everyone. I made the appointment and she will pass in a couple of
hours. She is worse off today. She is making odd motions with her tongue,
she is breathing loudly and she will not so much as even look at me. She
Just wants to be left completely alone. So there can be no doubt it's time.

I'm torn up about this but I know she's been through enough. Thank you all
for your support. I feel stronger now.

Paul

Bless you for having the strength of character to put her before your
feeling's. What you are about to do is the gift of ultimate mercy. She
will never forget that, & love you all the more.

I'm simply so sad it has happened to you. You don't deserve it. Be
strong & know that we are all here for you.. She will be on the wind,
& like deja vous; she will never be gone for she has imprinted your
heart, & Love's you for being, *You*.
Warm Regards & Comfort to you,
Sheelagh "o"
Old December 12th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Thank you everyone. I made the appointment and she will pass in a couple of
hours. She is worse off today. She is making odd motions with her tongue,
she is breathing loudly and she will not so much as even look at me. She
Just wants to be left completely alone. So there can be no doubt it's time.

I'm torn up about this but I know she's been through enough. Thank you all
for your support. I feel stronger now.

Paul

You are doing the right thing for both Jade & you and she will not suffer any
more. This is a gift of love you are giving her, & don't feel badly or guilty.

I didn't do this soon enough for my beloved orange cat Ginger & kept him
going far too long suffering from chronic renal failure (force-feeding,
thyroid pills, pills for appetite, potassium supplements, fluids s.c. & some
other stuff that I don't remember now), probably at least one year too long.
He hated it all. He hated the pills, the feedings, the fluids, everything. He
looked like death warmed over at the end & I didn't even realize what bad
shape he was in until I finally came to realize I was keeping him alive for
the wrong reasons. I will never make that mistake again & still feel badly
about it 5 years later.
M.

Old December 12th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Paul M. Cook

Default She's gone

She could not have died any more quietly. She did not so much as even
struggle, not even a little. She was laid down and wrapped in a soft
blanket, she laid her head down and looked calm and peaceful. In 2 seconds
it was over. I held her head and felt her last breath. Not so much as a
tiny little flinch. She was ready for this and I believe she knew what was
going to come. The cancer in her mouth was huge, red and very evil looking.
In just a week it had grown quite large.

Her ashes will be combined with my father's, as well as 2 other cats and
they will be sprinkled over an old section of the Eerie Canal, north of
Syracuse, NY where he used to collect Indian artifacts. That was in his
will. Despite the way my father and I lived and parted, I am at peace
knowing I was able to carry out one of his last wishes. Jade is home now,
and his soul has his cat back.

Thank heaven my other cats are very young and otherwise in great health.

Old December 12th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to "Paul M. Cook" :

[...]

Sheesh. I don't think I've cried over a thread so hard as this one.

The way in which you write shows how devoted and passionate you are
about your beloved friends.

I thank you for being so kind and considerate, but what matters is
that they are thanking you and sending kitty kisses from above.
Regardless of how you and your father parted, the man is most
definitely looking down with a pride-filled gleam in his eyes.

You are a wonderful and beautiful person, Paul. Don't ever let that
change.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old December 12th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
She could not have died any more quietly. She did not so much as even
struggle, not even a little. She was laid down and wrapped in a soft
blanket, she laid her head down and looked calm and peaceful. In 2
seconds
it was over. I held her head and felt her last breath. Not so much as a
tiny little flinch. She was ready for this and I believe she knew what
was
going to come. The cancer in her mouth was huge, red and very evil
looking.
In just a week it had grown quite large.

You did a very kind thing for her, Paul, hard as it was. My heart is with
you.

Old December 12th 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 02:21:39 +0000, Paul M. Cook wrote:

[...]

"...Rise up slowly, Angel. It is hard to let you go..."
Sincere condolences. MLB
Old December 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article HZw7j.7406$3s1.3066@trnddc06,
says...
I have been caring for my father's cat, Jade, a chocolate tortie, since
February. I really came to like her in the last few months. She seemed to
take to me too. She has had a rough go of it what with stomatitus but the
depo kept it under control. She was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma
in the mouth this last Tuesday. She did fine for 2 days and even fell
asleep with her head in my hand. She is "denning" now, extremely head shy,
cannot eat much and what she does eat is with great effort. She is in some
pain and she has at best 6-8 weeks of "life" left according to the vet. I
have agonized over this, I have ripped my heart out, I have fought what the
logical part of me knows is right. I just can't put her through what I did
to my poor cat Zipper 7 years ago.

So she will be put down today unless the vet has the last word and I doubt
she will. Probably sometime late this afternoon on the west coast.

I just feel like such a piece of crap. I know I can't help her and truth is
she seems like she is just waiting for the end. From What I have read about
SCC it is one ugly and aggressive cancer and I surely would not want to die
that way. I could at best keep her going for a couple of weeks if I force
fed her and IV fluid injected her and generally made her more miserable than
she is.

Just tell me this is right. Just tell me I am not doing this so I can avoid
the worst of it all and that I can have my room back without having litter
boxes and dried cat food lying around and younger cats pawing at the door
trying to get in and make trouble.

I just feel like a **** is all. But I just can't see any other way. What's
2 weeks or whatever when it is just not good?

I almost feel Buddy's passing so quickly was a blessing in disguise. This
is just such a crappy time to deal with this ****. I just have to know it
is right.

Paul

One of the worst experiences we've ever had was when our little cat
Emily started acting a little funny. Brought her to the vet, spent all
sorts of money.

Trying to pill that cat was awful, and she hated the medicines.

She was 14 years old when she died.

Had I known everything (This vet had a nasty habit of not telling people
the WHOLE story.) I would have had Emily euthanized weeks ahead of time
instead of having her die in Keyron's arms on the way to the vet.

Let me tell you something, when we did get to the vets office I tore the
place apart. I was so ****ed that they made her suffer like that.

Old December 12th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and gentle head-buts coming your way to help heal your breaking heart.
I know you dad is so proud of you right now for being so courageous and
helping Jade in her passage to the Rainbow Bridge and to him. You'll be in
my thoughts tonight and I'll light a candle for both Jade and your father.

Hugs,

CatNipped