Yet another recall!

Old April 27th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Yet another recall!

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to www.itchmo.com
to read all of them.

Full details at:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...reats_20070427

BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
Treats

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
recalls on Thursday.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 27th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to www.itchmo.com
to read all of them.

Full details at:
http://www.itchmo.com/read/blue-buff...reats_20070427

BREAKING NEWS: Blue Buffalo Recalls All Canned Dog and Cat Food, As Well As
Treats

Blue Buffalo just announced another expansion of the recall covering:

* All Blue brand can dog foods
* All Spa Select brand can cat foods
* All Blue Health Bar treats.

The release indicates that rice protein was added without their knowledge to
these products. Blue Buffalo attributes this to "tampering" by their
contract manufacturer American Nutrition, who was connected to several other
recalls on Thursday.

Hugs,

CatNipped

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas
- hope that continues to be true! (I guess they're both big
enough so they don't contract any of their product out to
other manufacturers?)
Old April 27th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to
www.itchmo.com to read all of them.

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope that
continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so they don't
contract any of their product out to other manufacturers?)

Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have both
Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

She likes them both.
Kathy
Old April 27th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ReneeM

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:12:55 -0400, Kathy wrote:

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope that
continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so they don't
contract any of their product out to other manufacturers?)

Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have both
Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

She likes them both.
Kathy

Purina has info on their site:

http://www.purina.com/

I have 9 kitties and they eat Friskies so I hope it'll be OK for them
to still eat. Thankfully they're all running and playing and gererally
being rotten. ;^)

Renee
Old April 27th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kathy wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

There have been 4 total recalls announced today. Please go to
www.itchmo.com to read all of them.

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope
that continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so they
don't contract any of their product out to other manufacturers?)

Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have both
Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

"Friskies" IS "Purina"! (I'm not sure when Purina took them
over, but if you look at the label on the cans, there's a
tiny red box above the "Friskies" that says "Purina".)
Old April 28th 07, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

ReneeM wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:12:55 -0400, Kathy wrote:

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope that
continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so they don't
contract any of their product out to other manufacturers?)

Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have both
Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

She likes them both.
Kathy

Purina has info on their site:

http://www.purina.com/

I have 9 kitties and they eat Friskies so I hope it'll be OK for them
to still eat. Thankfully they're all running and playing and gererally
being rotten. ;^)

Renee

Purina has only recalled some dog foods, not our cat food....:-)
Old April 28th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

ReneeM wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:12:55 -0400, Kathy wrote:

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope
that continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so
they don't contract any of their product out to other
manufacturers?)

Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have
both Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

She likes them both.
Kathy

Purina has info on their site:

http://www.purina.com/

I have 9 kitties and they eat Friskies so I hope it'll be OK for them
to still eat. Thankfully they're all running and playing and gererally
being rotten. ;^)

Renee

In a pinch I bought a bag of Purina One Urinary Tract Formula dry food when
Persia's vet ran out of her Hill's x/d and it would take a few days to get
it in stock. I checked the Purina web site and it doesn't mention this
product was recalled. But when I click the "compare" button under Urinary
Tract Formula it shows this:

*Purina One Urinary Tract Formula*
*Key Ingredients*
Corn Gluten Meal
Ground Yellow Corn
Chicken
Brewers Rice
Wheat Flour

*Iams Original*
*Key Ingredients*
Chicken
Chicken By-Product meal
Corn Grits
Corn Meal
Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E, and
Citric Acid)

I don't know about you, but I would think the Iams with chicken as the main
ingredient would be a heck of a lot better for the cat.

Jill

Old April 28th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 27 Apr., 20:48, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas
- hope that continues to be true! (I guess they're both big
enough so they don't contract any of their product out to
other manufacturers?)- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Although I am living in Germany which might not be affected
by the pet food scandal I started recherching facts, after reading
that some of the in Canada and the US produced pet foods where
delivered overseas to Europe as well. I wanted to find out if some
of the food ended up in Germany. Needless to say that I didn`t find
answers up to know regarding this case. German newspapers strangely
enough don`t talk about the melamine issue.
The german food ministery didn`t even bother to answer my questions.
I don`t ask the cat food producers as I don`t believe them anyway.

But - I came about some interesting websites during my research.

It might be that some huge companies just try to sit out the whole
thing.
Not acknowledging that their food might be involved as well.

For example I found in a forum the following:

"9. Comment by Lucy -- 4 weeks ago
Our cat died last week after eating what we think was Whiskas, not on
the recall list.
We were out of town, came home, fed the cat the wet Whiskas, and it
was dead the next morning,
having vomited blood. We had to go out of town that night and didn't
hear about the recall until the next day.
Could be coincidence. Cat was playing and happy we were home, got her
special snack, then she was dead within hours.
We called and left orders not to feed the other cat (or dogs) any of
the wet food.
We shall see what brand it was on our return."

and:

"40. Comment by Annabelle -- 3 weeks ago
Lucy, my oldest kitty 15 yrs old have 2 was so toxic last week I
bawled all week.
Called the vet I take them to and the vet tech said, oh you want to
put her down? I said NO!
As a former vet tech, had already gone thru kidney failure with one
kitty.
Giving her IV's at home was so hard. My oldest kitty was walking in
circles and so disoriented.
She had bloody diarhea 2 weeks ago. All she ate was whiskas canned.
She stopped eating and I ended up opening a can of people stew. Mashed
it up and she ate and drank like crazy.
I also have been forcing water with an eyedropper. Had read Diamond
was okay on here,
but The deaths and illnesses sparked an FDA investigation into the pet
food made by the Diamond Pet Food Co.
at its, manufacturing plant Gaston, South Carolina. The FDA said 23
animal deaths have been linked to the pet food so far. :-((
Kitty is so hungry for real food. Now Diamond is out of the question.
TY for posting the lawyers phone number.
I have called and emailed so much warning people about CANNED
whiskas.
Now my other kitty is getting lethargic and she eats Kit n Kaboodles
made by Purina. :-((
Wonder how much of the rat poison aminopterin is in our food?......
(more text omitted)..."

To be found on:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Menu_Foods_C...ecall_List?rss

http://hubpages.com/hub/Menu_Foods_C..._List?comments

So I would be very cautious feeding any pet food. Means I am, even in
Europe.

Regards
Bettina

Old April 28th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ReneeM

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:06:53 -0400, Kathy wrote:

ReneeM wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:12:55 -0400, Kathy wrote:

So far, I've not seen any warnings about Friskies or Whiskas - hope that
continues to be true! (I guess they're both big enough so they don't
contract any of their product out to other manufacturers?)
Nor Purina, either. my kitten loves Purina, moist or dry. We have both
Kitten Chow and PurinaOne.

She likes them both.
Kathy

Purina has info on their site:

http://www.purina.com/

I have 9 kitties and they eat Friskies so I hope it'll be OK for them
to still eat. Thankfully they're all running and playing and gererally
being rotten. ;^)

Renee

Purina has only recalled some dog foods, not our cat food....:-)

Yeah, I just hope they really have been testing their other foods and
not giving people the run around.

Renee

Recall jofirey Cat anecdotes 1 April 7th 07 11:49 PM
SERIOUS: PET FOOD RECALL -L. Cat health & behaviour 45 April 4th 07 01:16 AM
SERIOUS: Pet food recall -L. Cat community 28 March 23rd 07 12:40 AM
Cat Food Recall Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 9 March 19th 07 03:45 PM
What a mess this recall is Matthew Cat anecdotes 2 March 18th 07 09:25 PM