Las Vegas starving cat

Old December 10th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default Las Vegas starving cat

I had a e-mail from a concerned student about a friendly 6 month old
cat that is a stray in Las Vegas right next to the
university. The cat is very thin. I can do nothing as I am part of a
rescue group that is located in Illinois. Is there anything you can do
to help this cat. The student does not want to take him into a pound
where it is euthanized. Her name is Tracy at

I have included her e-mails to me below.
Mercena Johnson
Catsnap Rescue
604 West Beardsley
Champaign IL 61820
217-352-3312

Date: 12/09/06 12:41:43 AM

I was doing a search for stray cats and how to deal with them when I came
across
your website. There is a stray outside of my apartment complex (near UNLV)
that has obviously been stray for a long time. It is very friendly and
loves
to be petted but very skinney. When I pet it all I feel are bones. I have
been giving it a bit of turkey sandwich meat so at least it is eating
something. I can't take a cat in but I don't want to call animal control
and
have it be locked up or put down. I don't know what to do for this poor
thing.
Help!

Old December 11th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
Laura

I'd love to help also but I'm in Edmonton Alberta Canada
I hope this little cat gets the help it deserves

~Laura

oups.com...

Old December 11th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
kraut

Don't want to take it to shelter because it may be put down or locked
up ?!?!? It sounds like it is starving to death but yet don't take it
to a shelter where it MIGHT have a chance to find a home. Even if it
was put down would that really be worse then starving to death on the
streets ?? Or possibly dying of some disease which it might have ??

Being put down isn't always the worse options you know even though
some people would prefer to keep an animal alive no matter what it has
to go through !!