Barney & Bam-Bam are weird cats!

Old October 27th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default Barney & Bam-Bam are weird cats!

Brothers, litter mates, wrestling buddies, and now that it's getting
cooler out (and in, trying to lower our bills), snuggle buddies. They
are currently zonked out on a corner of the desk, over filling and
spilling out of the ct bed.

One of their weirder habits is that they LOVE cream-of-wheat. Not the
instant kind, but the kind you have to boil water (we use milk) and
constantly stir or it becomes cement-of-wheat under a layer of liquid
. These dingbatcats love the dry powder, before we add the milk.
Since we make it in the microwave, we can just make individual portions
instead of a whole pot. We measure the powder into our bowls, and
before we can get the milk out of the fridge, there are two cat faces
down into the bowls lapping up this stuff, which has the consistency of
fine sand. I have to add cinnamon and sugar in order to eat the
finished product - but they eat the stuff plain & dry.

And they are the only two that do this.

We have taken to pouring a bit out onto a Tupperware/rubber maid dish
lid just for them, so we can fix OUR breakfast.

Cats: don't try to figure them out, you'll just go crazy !

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old October 27th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep ? wrote:

One of their weirder habits is that they LOVE cream-of-wheat. Not the
instant kind, but the kind you have to boil water (we use milk) and
constantly stir or it becomes cement-of-wheat under a layer of liquid
. These dingbatcats love the dry powder, before we add the milk.
Since we make it in the microwave, we can just make individual portions
instead of a whole pot. We measure the powder into our bowls, and
before we can get the milk out of the fridge, there are two cat faces
down into the bowls lapping up this stuff, which has the consistency of
fine sand. I have to add cinnamon and sugar in order to eat the
finished product - but they eat the stuff plain & dry.

Roxy and Smudge are both grain hounds. Smudge especially - she loves any
kind of grain - wheat, oats, rice. She'll eat dry pasta and uncooked rice,
too (as well as the cooked stuff). I have to store that stuff where she
can't get at it.

Both she and Roxy love baked goods. I buy these little quiches from Trader
Joe's that are about 5 inches (12.7 cm) in diameter. R & S are maniacs
about the crust, so I always give them a few tiny pieces. Recently I made
some cornbread and the two of them were all over it.

For some reason, Licky isn't so interested in grains. What a strange cat
he is.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old October 29th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

LOL, this really needed a BW..silly kitties
Kyla
"Magic Mood Jeep ©"