OT - Thank You From Brooke

Old March 6th 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Thank You From Brooke

Brooke is sending out thank you cards to everyone who has been so kind and
generous to her while she's been ill. However, there are a few people for
whom she doesn't have an address, so she asked me to thank every one of
those for her.

Cheryl, thank you so very much - your gift (re-routed and lost for a while
before she found it) was really sweet and thoughtful and she absolutely
loves it! I don't know if you knew it, but she can't have her dogs inside
the house with her while she's on chemo - her environment has to be kept as
sterile as possible - so she is especially appreciative of having a "pet" to
pet until the treatment is over!

Matt, Tweed, and Judith thank you for the cards - she got such a kick out of
getting mail from the UK! Just as I thought, she feels like a rock star and
"brags" to her sisters that she is world famous! ;

It is really touching to know that there are people in this world who care
enough to brighten the day of a sick child. Thank you all so much for doing
that!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 6th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

that is partly because this is a great group and partly because you are a
good person, hang in there, Lee

Old March 6th 09, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Lori, does she like silly things, like from the Archie McPhee catalog? My
experience with sick friends is usually that they need a good laugh, but not
always.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old March 6th 09, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" drtATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, she does - the sillier the better. Their whole family makes fun of
just about everything - a real asset when you're dealing with something as
dire as this.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 6th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Great ! But damn, I went to the site and the Party Rats are out of stock.

Old March 6th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

She is very welcome to receive a card from me. I know only too well what
it's like to lie in the hospital with a cancer diagnosis and how much it
brightens the day to get cards in the mail.
I've kept all of mine that the group sent me at the time and I look at them
occasionally to remind me of how much people I've never met cared enough to
do that.
This is a wonderful group.

Tweed

Old March 6th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, it really, really is a wonderful group!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 7th 09, 10:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Brooke is sending out thank you cards to everyone who has been
so kind and generous to her while she's been ill. However,
there are a few people for whom she doesn't have an address, so
she asked me to thank every one of those for her.

Matt, Tweed, and Judith thank you for the cards - ...

It was my pleasure. It's nice to be thanked as well, Brooke has
been brought up with good manners :-)

So many people (especially some of the younger generations) are
"me, me, me!" and "take, take, take!" - a lot of that is due to
the politics of our government leaders, of course :-(

--
MatSav

Old March 7th 09, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Brooke is sending out thank you cards to everyone who has been so kind
and generous to her while she's been ill. However, there are a few
people for whom she doesn't have an address, so she asked me to thank
every one of those for her.

Matt, Tweed, and Judith thank you for the cards - ...

It was my pleasure. It's nice to be thanked as well, Brooke has been
brought up with good manners :-)

So many people (especially some of the younger generations) are "me, me,
me!" and "take, take, take!" - a lot of that is due to the politics of our
government leaders, of course :-(

--
MatSav

They are *very* much appreciative of all the notes and cards and gifts.
Sometimes, when you're battling such a scary disease, when you're
overwhelmed with the enormity of it all, it helps to know that there are
people who are thinking of you, and praying for you - it's makes you feel
not quite so all alone any more. And that is priceless!

Hugs,

CatNipped