I'm having new neighbour problems OT

Old December 18th 11, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default I'm having new neighbour problems OT

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Strictly speaking they have the dropped kerb in front of their property that
allows me to get my car out.
They continually block it and get annoyed if I ask them to move their car so
I can get mine out.
On Wednesday I asked them once again and I had to hop with my bad foot
around to their house to ask. They went crazy. They shouted at me and I
had to tell them not to do so. It seems that they think they can block it
as much as they want, I said but I can't get my car out if you do and they
said that's too bad for you isn't it? I said I've been here 25 years and
never had a problem with it with my previous neighbours and they said "we
arent your previous neighbours, are we?"
They have to get my permission to build a wall they want and to take down
two trees that they cannot get to except if they do it on my land.
Strangely enough, I am going to say no.
Tweed

- - - - - - - - - -

That is truly obnoxious, and more so since it should be obvious to them that
you are recovering from an accident. I really don't understand why people
do this. It's not as if it would create a major problem for them if they
allowed space for your car.

MaryL

Old December 18th 11, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:47:07 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Is this kerb directly betwen your house and the road, is it 100% on
the neighbour's side, or is it in common with the neighbours?

It's 90% their side

Do you
have the land to redo your driveway so that you have your own dropped
kerb?

I've decided I will get my own dropped kerb, needs planning permission and
will cost lots, maybe even two thousand.

and then allow them to build their wall so that you will
have privacy from those people.

I'm not allowing a 6 ft wall 3 feet outside my kitchen window to block out
my light. Full stop.
They really made a big mistake to a) shout at me in their front garden - how
embarrassing is that? b) be unreasonable by blocking my car in for weeks.

They will be unable to build their wall or take the trees down as in both
cases they will have do it from my side.
And as they said "too bad, isn't it?"
Those who laughs last, laughs longest.

Tweed

- - - - - - - - - - -

I wouldn't permit it, either. If I were on good terms with the neighbor, I
would let them use my land to work on their trees; but I don't think I would
give for permission for the wall even to *good* neighbors. A wall like that
so close to your house will block your light (as you said), and it will also
probably be quite ugly and make it inconvenient for you to work on that side
of your house.

By the way: How are your chickens? My grandmother used to keep chickens,
and she loved them. They ran loose in the daytime, then were put in a
chicken coop at night to protect them from foxes and other predators.

MaryL

Old December 18th 11, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Hahaha. No trees will be taken and no wall will be put up.
My neighbour over the road has called her house "Poplar View"
so imagine the difficulty of this if the poplar trees are taken
down. It cannot be done unless it's done from my side and I
will say no.

Indeed. You can ask the local planning authority to put a tree
preservation order (TPO) on the trees, if they are of particular
importance, or if you are in a Conservation Area.

I suspect that having a house named 'Poplar View' nearby means
that they are "of value to amenity". See
http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume.../tposguide.pdf
for more information, especially Section 3.1 and 3.2

--
MatSav

Old December 18th 11, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I'm not allowing a 6 ft wall 3 feet outside my kitchen window
to block out my light. Full stop.

You have legal protection to stop them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_light

--
MatSav

Old December 18th 11, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On 12/17/2011 11:59 PM, MaryL wrote:

[...]

My concern is: would they hurt Boyfie to get back at you for blocking
what they want to do? They sound like real wangers, and I wouldn't put
it past someone like that!
Patti

Old December 18th 11, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

[...]

I had the same thought. These people don't even care that you can't get
out of your driveway, which could be a safety issue - what if you needed
to get to a doctor in a hurry? While you stood here on one foot, nicely
asking them not to block your car, they just laughed and said "too bad for
you"?? These people are beyond rude. They sound really *cold*, like they
don't care what happens to you at all. I'm so sorry you have to deal with
that stress just after you got back from weeks away.

--
Joyce

The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old December 18th 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Christina Websell wrote:
Strictly speaking they have the dropped kerb in front of their property that
allows me to get my car out.
They continually block it and get annoyed if I ask them to move their car so
I can get mine out.

Don't you have access to the street AT ALL, except from their property?
Could you perhaps "drop" the kerb in front of your property, as well?
(Perhaps a friend with a pickax and shovel, if cash is tight and your
local government won't do it.)

On Wednesday I asked them once again and I had to hop with my bad foot
around to their house to ask. They went crazy. They shouted at me and I
had to tell them not to do so. It seems that they think they can block it
as much as they want, I said but I can't get my car out if you do and they
said that's too bad for you isn't it? I said I've been here 25 years and
never had a problem with it with my previous neighbours and they said "we
arent your previous neighbours, are we?"
They have to get my permission to build a wall they want and to take down
two trees that they cannot get to except if they do it on my land.
Strangely enough, I am going to say no.
Tweed

Can't imagine why you'd refuse! ;-)
Old December 18th 11, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
Christina Websell typed:
Strictly speaking they have the dropped kerb in front of their
property that allows me to get my car out.
They continually block it and get annoyed if I ask them to move their
car so I can get mine out.
On Wednesday I asked them once again and I had to hop with my bad foot
around to their house to ask. They went crazy. They shouted at me
and I had to tell them not to do so. It seems that they think they
can block it as much as they want, I said but I can't get my car out
if you do and they said that's too bad for you isn't it? I said I've
been here 25 years and never had a problem with it with my previous
neighbours and they said "we arent your previous neighbours, are we?"
They have to get my permission to build a wall they want and to take
down two trees that they cannot get to except if they do it on my
land. Strangely enough, I am going to say no.

We have things here that you can put over your curb so as to be able to
drive up and down without needing hte curb to be remodelled and allowing the
water to run down the gutter. The're metal plates and kinda look like this:
_
/

They'd be cheaper than having hte curb re-done.

BTW, I am no expert on law, but if you've been using their curb to get yor
car out for years andyears, then you may well have a 'common law' right of
access over their property and they have no legal right ot block it.

either way, I hope the situation resolves quickly, with the least expense
possible.

Yowie

Old December 18th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

i hadn't thought about the possible danger to boyfriend, which is now a
major concern, after boyfriend, tweeds safety is next then the money needed
to fix the situation, i have for the most part decent next doors and except
for the forgetfulness of the one guy i am pretty lucky, Lee
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Christina Websell typed:

Old December 18th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

I wanted to stay out of this. I think the neighbors are jerks at best.
However, if she refuses, especially with the attitude she seems to be
projecting, they'll go out of their way to block her access to the driveway
forever.

--
Joy

Peace on earth; good will to all!

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
i hadn't thought about the possible danger to boyfriend, which is now a
major concern, after boyfriend, tweeds safety is next then the money needed
to fix the situation, i have for the most part decent next doors and except
for the forgetfulness of the one guy i am pretty lucky, Lee
"Yowie" wrote in message
In ,
Christina Websell typed: