WILL CAT COPE.

Old May 26th 05, 09:24 AM

Default WILL CAT COPE.

I plan to go away for a week or so. I acquired a cat in the autumn,
that can previously been a neighbors cat but he wouldnt settle in the
new home she moved to in another street. He kept running here. I
lived with a friend and she will be here when I am away. The cat
sl;eeps under my bed at night, and spends a lot of time with me . He
protests if I dont leave my computor in the evening to sit with him in
the living roomwhen he comes back indoors. His relates to me more
closely than to my friend, but apparenntly is better with her when he
is alone with her.
I am very worried about how he will cope if I am away for a week.
Is this likely to be traumatic for a cat or is it no big deal and the
reality is that the territorial dimension is dominant. I understand
animals can get very upset by change of routine, and I would like some
advice, Indeed is there anything I can do to make things easier
(beyond not going away !! ) The poor chap was as good as abandoned by
his previous owner who never used to bother coming to look for him. I
dont him to feel bad, or frightened.
.. He is a 3 year old neutered Tomcat. sEE HIM HERE

http://members.lycos.co.uk/waweldrag....RAILINGS5.jpg

Advice would be so much appreciated.

Andrew

Old May 26th 05, 09:49 AM
Ashley

wrote in message
oups.com...

Advice would be so much appreciated.

He will be absolutely fine. Probably make a fuss of you when you come back,
but that will make you feel just fine. The more often you go away and come
back, the more used to it he will get. Mine no longer bat an eyelid.

Old May 26th 05, 03:21 PM

[...]

Animals do get upset by change in routine, but on the other hand, cats
particularly tend to be as much attached to their *places* as their
people. Leaving him home and having a friend look after him is so much
easier on him than boarding him. I think he'll be fine.
He is a *handsome* boy. He's one of those cats you can tell he's a
boy-cat just by the way he's built.

Sherry

Old May 26th 05, 03:24 PM
Karen

WOW! He is absolutely GORGEOUS! Get a t-shirt all good and stinky with your
smell and put it under the bed in his sleeping spot. YOu might also get a
second one good and covered wtih your scent for your friend to have on the
couch with her in the evenings. It might entice him to accept a substitute
while you are gone. He should be OK though. It's good your friend will be
there.

oups.com...

Old May 26th 05, 04:16 PM
Alison

wrote in
ooglegroups.com...
[...]

He's a lovely cat. I'm sure he will be ok as he knows your
friend. You could invest in a Feliway diffuser and plug it in the
room he sleeps.
This webpage explains a bit about Feliway.
http://www.parkvets.com/microsite/flutdfeliway.html
Alison

Old May 26th 05, 05:11 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Andrew, he is just so handsome! I have left my cats for a week with
my husband or, before I was married, a friend looking in, and they were
fine. They gave me the cold shoulder for a day or so, but then everything
was as it has always been. If you are not doing so now, I would have
him kept inside while you are gone, just as a safeguard. It sounds like
he really loves you.

Old May 26th 05, 06:43 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 26 May 2005 01:24:53 -0700, waweldragon wrote:

[...]

What a sweet face! Leave your PJs (or equivalent) for him to sleep on
and he will be fine as long as he is fed and given fresh water. Good
luck. MLB

Old May 27th 05, 02:08 AM
blueberries79

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Beautiful cat : ) I'm sure he'll be fine... your friend will be there to
keep an eye on him and he will be so happy to see you when you get back.
Just be careful, they know when things are happening! My cats always try to
stow away in my bags...

Old May 31st 05, 01:25 AM
mlbriggs

[...]

What a sweet face! He really is a beautiful kitty. MLB