My kitten is very sick!!

Old May 25th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My kitten is very sick!!

"Candace" wrote in message
oups.com...
mlbriggs wrote:

When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

Well, thank God...a voice of reason here. I can't believe everyone was
just giving their sympathies and not aknowledging the awfulness of this
whole situation. Of course, it's unspeakably sad the baby kitty died
but "it got left outside in the rain," dried off with a hair dryer,
then it happened again last night, we breed dogs, we have umpteen cats
but can't afford to take them to the vet, and on and on. Just the sort
of people who should not have cats or dogs.

I know rpca is supposed to be all sweet and wonderful all the time but
I can't believe some of you just condone this sort of pet ownership. I
know criticizing the girl will not bring the poor baby back but those
cats should be spayed and neutered and not just running around breeding
amidst a bunch of dogs who are also breeding and then getting left out
in the rain when they know it is very sick. These people are
responsible for the death of that kitten. Maybe the girl can't change
things at her house but she should still know that what happened is
just plain wrong and heinous. It is not responsible pet ownership!
The kitten is who deserves the pity and the remaining ones in their
"care." Cripe!!!!!!!!!!

Candace

Troll.

Old May 25th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:
I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many problems for the
last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a normal size, the same as the

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

Alyssa

When I first read this is thought "troll". No one could be so
insensitive as to leave a four week old kitten outside to more or less
fend for itself. Suggestion Either get on your computer or go to the
library and read up on cat care. If you are a child, please remember to
read and learn as much as you can about baby animals before you try to
raise any. MLB

All of our cats just happen to be strays that have either been abandoned when
they where little or have just wondered into our yard so we take them in. We
breed dogs, so we can't have any diseases or illnesses spread in them, so we
HAVE to keep all of our cats outside in order to keep the dogs healthy. And
I am not a 5-year old, I just happen to be 14 and am very into my kittens so
i am not a child. The kitten has been sick for a while and was probably
passed down from the mother cat. Don't tell me i'm a troll because i
obviously cared about it, or i wouldn't have gotten on the computer for help.
And for your information, i have read about pet care and my mom is a nurse
and we have had numerous cases of sick cats and they have all came out fine
so don't tell me to learn about baby animals before i raise them because we
DO raise them.

Old May 25th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:
Ah, so sorry to hear the little one passed away. We will light a candle so
he can fine his way to the Rainbow Bridge where he will be happy and
healthy.
Lily & her mama

I hope your kitten has been to the vet by now- loving healing vibes on
the way from here.

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
breathing. He was a fighter against it, but i think that he was just to
sick.

Thank you for your concern, my whole family was very upset. But its
grandmother passed away three years ago labor day, so now he can see her and
tell her that we all miss her too. I'm actually kinda glad he passed,
because now hes not suffering(if he was).

Old May 25th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ahh, Alyssa, that is sad. I'm sorry.

Old May 25th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Alyssa8 via CatKB.com wrote:
mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

A couple of questions:

If you breed dogs, can you afford veterinary care for them? Of so, why nor
for the kitten?

This opens a whole other can of worms, but I won't get into *that*...

cough puppy mill cough

Old May 25th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Alyssa8 via CatKB.com wrote:
mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

At 14 you're certainly still a child and you have a lot to learn.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 25th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Alyssa8 via CatKB.com wrote:
mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Did I just read that right you breed dogs but yet could not afford to take
the cat to the vet. Yet you can afford to take care of the dogs but not
your cats which you keep outside to prevent disease or illness being spread
to the dogs. WHAT A LOAD OF BULLSH@T. Hint there would be no disease if
the cats were outside and properly vaccinated and taken care off.

I bet if a puppy was sick you would have found the money for it somewhere
some how.

Damn People can be so F@cked up. Sometimes wished the law could actually do
upon the criminal what they did upon victims

Old May 25th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Alyssa8" u22242@uwe wrote in message news:60c5e5ffa0141@uwe...
I have a kitten, about 4 1/2 weeks old, and it has had many problems for
the
last couple of weeks. When it was born it was a normal size, the same as
the
rest, and just recently it has gotten smaller than the rest, is normally
fat
at the stomache but has very skinny legs and backbones, and has had a
uncontrolable stool. One eye has got an infection and has started having
troubles standing with its front legs just tonight. It is an outside
kitten
and we bring it in away from the other kittens to eat soft canned food.
When
it gets the chance and can catch the mother cat, it will also eat from
her.
He has no troubles eating but is VERY sick.
IF YOU HAVE ANY HELP OR ADVISE, PLEASE UPDATE ME. I don't know how long
the kitten is going to live for if he doesn't get help soon. Any response
is
greatly appriciated!!

Alyssa

I would advise you to take it to a vet. At the least it is probably full of
worms (swollen stomach) and you need to get this sorted out as this sounds
quite bad, don't waste time posting for advice on a newsgroup, get the
little one to a vet as soon as you can.

Tweed