A kitty's message

Old December 5th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default A kitty's message

"Tish" wrote:
Dang Tak. Now I'm crying. That's so beautiful.
I hope that this Christmas will see you sharing your heart and your
home with another furry bundle of sleek healing to help *your* soul to
come to the acceptance that Betty's soul has found.

Tish

You just made me wonder what the situation would be like here as
opposed to down under during the Christmas season. Down there, there
are probably more "Christmas kittens" than here, where Christmas is
during winter. I wonder if people are looking for kittens to give
their children anyway during Christmas?

Anyway, I imagine there will be a spike in adult cats being given up
to shelters after the holidays. I worry about that a little.

Old December 5th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
Oh Tak, I'm *SO* glad to hear that! I've been so worried about you since
Betty left for the bridge!!

I didn't think that anyone would be worried. There are so many people
here I would personally be a lot more worried about than myself. But
I know worry from having had to worry about Betty for so long. Still,
I'm so glad that she was with me.

Old December 5th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:

Takayuki wrote:

Betty is gone. But I was finally given her memories.

I'm so very happy to read this post, Tak. It's wonderful that you have
finally entered the road towards healing. Maybe now you can understand
what I meant when I said Miranda and Caliban have helped me get over
Frank's death. Do you think you could visit this cat again? I'm sure it
would do you a world of good.

I understand. Instead of dwelling on one last kitty moment, every day
brings a new kitty moment, and an opportunity to create new kitty
memories.

Old December 5th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote:
My boss has just asked me what is up with my mascara. It's around my lips
instead on my eyes where it belongs...

I'm thanking God for Betty right now, and that teenage cat who must have
heard her whisper to help you. You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear
that a mental block was broken. It is the beginning of the healing of a
broken heart.

I know the feeling, Tak; my Stoshu came to me much the same way after losing
Fritzie three years ago this Wednesday. We always say Fritzie told him to
curl up to me; after all, he was a wise old cat and knew what he was doing
when he fixed up me and my little hero. Betty must have been a wise girl too.

Awwww. I'm glad you found Fritzie, and then Stosh.

Old December 5th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
This is beautiful, Tak - a lovely post. I'm really glad you've had this
experience. It's wonderful that you got the happy memories of Betty back
again.

I can see what happened. Because my last and strongest association
with a cat was when I had Betty put to sleep, any memory of Betty
naturally led to that last experience, and it was painful, so I shut
out all memories, except for that last one, which was too powerful to
block.

When enough time passed that all of Betty's memories could be
homogenized in intensity, I met the young cat. Touching him broke the
previous painful association. Seeing the cat, who already was
becoming a young adult, yet only lived for about as long as Betty's
been dead, put the time into perspective. Plus, he was very cute.

Cats certainly are healing. When I was in my 20s, my father sent a
wonderful cat to the animal shelter, where she was euthanized before I
could go get her out of there. I was devastated. But then, about a week
later, I visited my family, and stayed overnight one night. The cat
who had been sent away had had 3 kittens, now about 8 or 10 weeks old.
When I was lying in bed that night, the three of them slept on top of
my chest. All of them were meatloafing, in a little half-circle facing
my head, and purring their little heads off. It was almost a mystical
experience! Definitely helped me heal from the sad death of their mother.

My friend's mother just lost her husband over the weekend. While he was
dying (at home), her two cats were glued to his side. And now that he is
gone, those cats are nursing her, and my friend says that they are a
tremendous comfort to her mom right now.

Yep, cats are healing.

Joyce

These are sad, but wonderful stories. I don't know what your family's
situation was, but I feel so sorry for your three kittens! You had to
be the substitute mom.

Old December 5th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Jo Firey" wrote:
That is so wonderful. Now you really know how much she loved you. We have
five senses for a reason. We can process so much more than just what we see
and hear.

Thinking back on it, I have to admit that their capacity to love is
amazing. I sometimes used to think that I loved Betty more, but I now
think that maybe she loved me even more than that. Someday, when
we're back together again, we'll conceive of some kind of contest we
can have to determine once in for all who loves who more. Do I love
Betty more, or does Betty love me more?

Old December 5th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Lesley" wrote:
Tak

It happens- Betty has sent another cat to help you

They are sensitive creatures. When my dad died I was out and went from
where I was straight to the hospital.

Dave reported that about 11.25pm ie the time when we got the call to
confirm dad had died. Isis (RB) got onto my seat, which she never did
of an evening (I persuaded her at an early age not to if I wanted the
seat after work so she never bothered since if I sat on the seat she
could sit on my lap and get skritchies) refused to leave the seat even
through Dave went to bed and she was usually such a cuddle bunny that
she'd be on the bed before either of us and sat there apart from a
visit to the litter tray and once or twice to eat and drink until I
came home the next evening at which point she jumped off the chair and
gave me a look that said "I know you've had a tough time and I have
kept your seat warm and welcoming for you"

She never ever sat on my seat of an evening ever again....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

She was very sensitive!

I want to mention that I often want to reply to you, and I've been
following the story of Dave, but that thread is so huge, and the
situation so complicated, that I sometimes have trouble navigating it.

Old December 5th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

CATherine wrote:
Tak, I am so happy your memory block was removed and your heart can
heal. What you wrote is sheer poetry. It just pulled my hearts strings
and made me remember Amber (RB) and all the lovely memories of him. I
do hope now you can share your sensitive loving heart with another
furperson. One of these days a cat may come by that needs your gentle
love.

Amber was a cutie. Sometimes I start a post thinking that I'm going
to just write, "I saw a friend's cute cat during dinner," and several
paragraphs just appear from nowhere, like a computer glitch...

Old December 5th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Patricia Davis

"Takayuki" wrote

Sometimes I start a post thinking that I'm going
to just write, "I saw a friend's cute cat during dinner," and several
paragraphs just appear from nowhere, like a computer glitch...

I wish my computer had that kind of glitch! I can't write worth a rat's
tail...

Ther is a noo kat heeer meeee Cat community 48 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Nooo foornishur meeee Cat community 99 October 21st 06 09:49 AM
Us kitties been bizzee! Harri Roadcat Cat community 56 October 2nd 06 01:09 PM
OT - Need some computer advice badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 March 20th 06 07:42 AM
hovering at the edges pam Cat community 94 November 12th 04 08:12 PM