Attack of the Shopping bag!

Old February 15th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default Attack of the Shopping bag!

John bought me a beautiful box of chocolates for valentines day and it
came in a lovely presentation bag with tissue paper in it... I left
the bag sitting out in the livingroom for the cats to play with, and
Tessie jumped in and out of it quite a few times yesterday. She just
went to have another go at it, but this time it had had enough! She
must have tried to walk through the (long) handle, because next moment
she was racing through the house with the nasty evil shopping bag
chasing behind her! Poor baby... she was only snarled up for a moment,
but she was quite taken aback by its temerity. I wouldn't put it past
her to shred it in revenge :P
Old February 15th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
John bought me a beautiful box of chocolates for valentines day and it
came in a lovely presentation bag with tissue paper in it... I left
the bag sitting out in the livingroom for the cats to play with, and
Tessie jumped in and out of it quite a few times yesterday. She just
went to have another go at it, but this time it had had enough! She
must have tried to walk through the (long) handle, because next moment
she was racing through the house with the nasty evil shopping bag
chasing behind her! Poor baby... she was only snarled up for a moment,
but she was quite taken aback by its temerity. I wouldn't put it past
her to shred it in revenge :P

I used to shop somewhere where they used small paper bags with handles.
Herbie (RB) loved to play with them. He'd pick them up by the handle and
carry them around. Then one day, he got his head stuck through the handle
and panicked. After that, I always cut one end of the handle away from the
bag before I gave them to him. That way he could still have his fun without
getting caught.

Joy

Old February 15th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:04:05 -0500, Joy wrote:

[...]

Good idea! Ketzl got his head caught once and panicked. Despite the hilarity
of it (for me) I could see he was shaken and I wouldn't want it to happen
again. This way I don't have to monitor his playtime with plastic bags with
handles. Thanks. (Simple solutions are the best!)

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh