Bittie Weight

Old June 13th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Bittie Weight

I weighed the bitties tonight. The 'meezer weighs 2 lbs 1.5 oz. The
itty bitty weighs 13.75 oz!! I have been served 12 oz of meat before
at a restaurant and almost ate all of it. Itty bittie is almost all
skin and bones. I can feel backbone, rib bones, pelvis. He's eating
and he was playing with the 'meezer's tail earlier so I think he's
going to survive. I hope we can get a chance to get them to the vet
tomorrow. I called today to make an appointment for Saturday but they
are booked solid. They said if I could bring them tomorrow or Monday
they'd see us. We don't want to wait until Monday. I hadn't
mentioned it earlier, but I've accepted a new position that is a
promotion and I've been trying to learn the ropes so I've been working
really long hours and coming home exhausted. But being in a new job
makes it difficult to take time away to get kittens vetted. Rusty
works much further away from home and vet than I do so it would be
better if I could do it. Hopefully we'll work it out and be able to
get them there tomorrow. If not, we'll find a vet that can take us on
Saturday. One way or another, we'll get them seen by Saturday and on
their way to good health. The 'meezer gave itty bittie a thorough
bath tonight and took a bath herself. I told Rusty she was going to
make sure they were both clean for their doctor visit. I think
they're both ready to get out of the crate. It will be quite a while
yet before they can leave the crate.

Julie
Old June 13th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

GaDragonfly wrote:
I weighed the bitties tonight. The 'meezer weighs 2 lbs 1.5 oz. The
itty bitty weighs 13.75 oz!!

That's less than 400 grams! Poor baby, he's tiny. Purrs that you can get
them to the vet today. And congrats on the new position!

Old June 13th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

It seems like the meezer has bonded to itty bitty as a litter
mate....if you keep them to gether they will probably groom and nest
like sibs all their lives.

Are you naming them?

Are you keeping them?

:}

--Fil

Old June 13th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=`

Purrs and prayers for your bitties, and bless your sweet heart.
Hug
Kyla & Mosey
"GaDragonfly"

Old June 13th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
[...]

Try to stay positive. Once you get them eating, they usually improve very
quickly. And how wonderful that the li'l meezie is stepping up and helping
out!

Theresa, Stinky and Dante

Old June 14th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Jun 12, 5:57*pm, GaDragonfly wrote:
I weighed the bitties tonight. *The 'meezer weighs 2 lbs 1.5 oz. The
itty bitty weighs 13.75 oz!! *

He'll fill out now he's getting regular meals,,,then again he may be a
small cat...Dunzi at her last annual vet visit weighed in at 4 lbs 6
oz. so the meezer is almost half her weight and only a kitten. She's
so small a friend had a go at us once for not getting Sarsi spayed and
when we said "HUH? We did"he explained that given the size difference
he'd assumed they were mother and daughter- not that Sarsi is that
big, she tops the scale at 2 oz short of 8 lbs

She's perfectly healthy through- just petite

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs