Did You Set Your Clocks Back?

Old November 2nd 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Did You Set Your Clocks Back?

Jill wrote:

EST as opposed to DST? Are you still running DOS?! I don't need a net
"mommy" telling me what day it is, that's all. Mayhaps you do.

And I don't need a net brat bitching about nothing.

Gandalf wrote:

You may recall that DST was changed by the Federal Govt't not long ago;
both the 'start' and 'stop' date were changed.

So the pre programming on my computer (and my watch, too) no longer
matches the 'actual' day that DST starts and stops.

My computer did the change a few weekends ago, when it was *programmed*
to do so. I set it back at the time, but then it didn't do it today,
when I could have used the reminder.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 2nd 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
Lesley wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:18 am, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
One hour? Daylight Savings Time.
Love
Kyla
--going back to bed.

We did it here last week- I completely hate the clocks being messed
with!

I have no idea why Kyla finds it necessary to remind everyone to change
their calendars or their clocks. We aren't 6 years old.

Jill

She CAN be rather irritating at times, but I try to simply ignore her.
(I think she means well, she just isn't the brightest crayon in the box,
and has too much time on her hands.)
Old November 2nd 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

wrote in message
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

Wow, b/c I heard it about 1,000,000 times and it's preprinted on all of
my
calendars and it's something I've always known how to do.

What can I say? I didn't hear about it. And neither did my computer, which
usually does this automatically. Gandalf didn't hear about it, either.

Kyla just needs to be heard. Bleh. And YOU, Joyce, need to think
what some of us might be going through.

As I said: many of us are going through difficult times. Nobody here has
an automatic pass to be nasty for no reason, I don't care what's going
on in their lives. Most people on this ng seem able to be civil even
though
their lives are full of difficulties.

And if they feel like they've been grumpy or nasty, and apologize?? Then,
where I come from, all is well. I'm very proud to say my mom taught me that
one!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--
Joyce

Old November 2nd 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Kyla =^..^= wrote:
One hour? Daylight Savings Time.
Love
Kyla
--going back to bed.

Don't have to in Arizona! (Just have to remember that now it's an hour
earlier in California than here, and only one hour later in the midwest.)

Now that? I think I'd need a reminder for!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old November 2nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jofirey wrote:

It becomes an issue when every other post is either from or about
Kyla.

Haven't you learned to use a killfile yet?

Personally, I find it condescending for someone to make a point of
reminding me of things any adult ought already to know.

"Any adult" can make a mistake - at least two of us did. It has nothing
to do with age. Well, until you get to the other end, of course. I'm not
quite there myself, but I'm really glad someone reminded me of the time
change, because I slept late today and I need to be somewhere later this
afternoon. So I needed that extra hour!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 2nd 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Gandalf wrote:

You may recall that DST was changed by the Federal Govt't not long ago;
both the 'start' and 'stop' date were changed.

So the pre programming on my computer (and my watch, too) no longer
matches the 'actual' day that DST starts and stops.

My computer did the change a few weekends ago, when it was *programmed*
to do so. I set it back at the time, but then it didn't do it today,
when I could have used the reminder.

I got into my new car today and realized I had to figure out how to change
the clock (which only reads 'european'/military time). I searched every
where in the manual and found nothing on how to change it. After I ran
errands and became flustered with it, I went by to get a slice of pizza at
my local pizza joint. I told Gino (owner) my frustrations, so he checked it
out. I felt silly when he told me the time was correct and that it had
changed itself.

"Ohhhhh".... I said. Feeling like a dork!! )

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old November 2nd 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

jmcquown wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:26:39 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Lesley wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:18 am, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
One hour? Daylight Savings Time.
Love
Kyla
--going back to bed.

We did it here last week- I completely hate the clocks being messed
with!

I have no idea why Kyla finds it necessary to remind everyone to
change their calendars or their clocks. We aren't 6 years old.

Jill

I must be 6 years old. My classic rock radio station is not into
public service announcements, and I haven't read a newspaper lately.

So I didn't know until I saw this.

So you're telling me your computer doesn't automatically reset the clock
for EST as opposed to DST? Are you still running DOS?! I don't need a
net "mommy" telling me what day it is, that's all. Mayhaps you do.

Jill

You sound crabby. You could probably use more sleep. I appreciated
getting a reminder. MLB
Old November 2nd 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

As I said: many of us are going through difficult times. Nobody here has
an automatic pass to be nasty for no reason, I don't care what's going
on in their lives. Most people on this ng seem able to be civil even
though their lives are full of difficulties.

And if they feel like they've been grumpy or nasty, and apologize??

I haven't heard an apology.

It's one thing if someone gets irritable in the midst of an interaction,
and snaps at the other person, or gets impatient or critical of what the
other person is saying. I can understand that. But when someone simply
feels the need to pick on a person who *was not talking directly to her*,
and thus *starting* a fight, I find that objectionable. And I don't think
that life difficulties are a reasonable excuse for that.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old November 2nd 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

Lesley wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:18 am, "Kyla =^..^=" wrote:
[...]

Perhaps it's different where you are?

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 2nd 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

MLB wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:26:39 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Lesley wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:18 am, "Kyla =^..^="
wrote:
One hour? Daylight Savings Time.
Love
Kyla
--going back to bed.

We did it here last week- I completely hate the clocks being
messed with!

I have no idea why Kyla finds it necessary to remind everyone to
change their calendars or their clocks. We aren't 6 years old.

Jill

I must be 6 years old. My classic rock radio station is not into
public service announcements, and I haven't read a newspaper lately.

So I didn't know until I saw this.

So you're telling me your computer doesn't automatically reset the
clock for EST as opposed to DST? Are you still running DOS?! I
don't need a net "mommy" telling me what day it is, that's all. Mayhaps
you do. Jill

You sound crabby. You could probably use more sleep. I appreciated
getting a reminder. MLB

Crabby? My mother broke her ****in hip. She's not strong enough to survive
surgery. How's that for crabby? Geezlepeets who gives a flying **** what
time it is?! killfile me, I don't care.